The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

It's be wall to wall coverage if it was. 

You think the BBC did a good job? 

I don't know if it would be "wall to wall",  I will take your word on that.

My hypothetical question exists only becasue the BBC didn't do a good job in some people's eyes as is apparent from the thread.

My question is more about bias itself and how one's view could change depending on which side of the fence one is.

It was just a question mate.

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

My hypothetical question exists only becasue the BBC didn't do a good job in some people's eyes as is apparent from the thread.

My question is more about bias itself and how one's view could change depending on which side of the fence one is.

It was just a question mate.

Corbyn wore a raincoat last year and it was called disrespectful. I'm Labour, I'm not 100% Corbyn, but I have seen it with my own eyes.

I know it's just a question, not having a dog at you. I just know that there is massive corruption in media, even local.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Are there people who think that doctoring footage is them doing a good job?

Wouldn't anyone who isn't a propagandist just want them to use the correct footage, regardless of who might benefit politically from it?

• Like 1

I find it all a bit sad really what the BBC has turned into. I used to always think that you could trust the BBC and what is was reporting as it was impartial but that is now clearly not the case and hasn't been for some time.

Another great thing about Britain the Tories have ruined.

• Like 1

I used to believe in the BBC but I'd be completely fine with it being privatised. It has become a complete and utter joke, if it's not shilling for the current government it's taking the lead of the populist gutter trash press on everything from content to what they report on in the news. The BBC can **** right off.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I used to believe in the BBC but I'd be completely fine with it being privatised. It has become a complete and utter joke, if it's not shilling for the current government it's taking the lead of the populist gutter trash press on everything from content to what they report on in the news. The BBC can **** right off.

It doesn't need to be and shouldn't be privatised. It just needs to have an independent board. And that board needs to be voted on by the public, and should include people from a broad range of society. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

It doesn't need to be and shouldn't be privatised. It just needs to have an independent board. And that board needs to be voted on by the public, and should include people from a broad range of society. 

Those two ideas are likely to be in conflict with each other, and I don't think either are necessary (and the former is a bad idea IMO).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That’s hardly going to fix a lurch from neutral is it.

It needs the political appointments shaken out of it and it needs to know it doesn’t have to chase every demographic niche Identified by science.

Â