The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Straying into conspiracy territory but it does make you wonder:

It's anything but conspiratorial, conspiracies are usually shrouded in mystery and can't really be proved.

I'd say that the BBC and in particular, 'she-who-shall-no-longer-be-named' are well and truly front and centre in their bias.

• Like 1

Just had a look at her wiki page........she's one of them, it's no wonder she's so bias.

Her Granddaddy was governer general of Nigeria and her sister is a diplomatic envoy to Mozambique.......other usual shit in her family, a few OBE's here and an MBE there and of course, a truck-ton of wealth and land.

She and her family have a vested interest in seeing the conservatives win this election.

The real question is why the BBC are doing nothing about removing her.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Just had a look at her wiki page........she's one of them, it's no wonder she's so bias.

Her Granddaddy was governer general of Nigeria and her sister is a diplomatic envoy to Mozambique.......other usual shit in her family, a few OBE's here and an MBE there and of course, a truck-ton of wealth and land.

She and her family have a vested interest in seeing the conservatives win this election.

Her bosses are all Tories.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I thought everyone already knew that?  She's almost as much part of the establishment as Johnson and Rees-Mogg.

Worth noting that Channel 4 news often remind people that they don't get to ask Johnson questions as he controls what media he speaks to.

Kuenssberg has unrestricted access.

I also remember it being a 'debate' over whether she was biased. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that is quite misleading . . . the subheading makes it seem like a rise in income tax, rather than the removal of a tax break. 

It isn't misleading at all. If the tax that people have to pay goes up, then it's a rise in income tax, pure and simple.  They will be paying more tax, and that's it really.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

It isn't misleading at all. If the tax that people have to pay goes up, then it's a rise in income tax, pure and simple.  They will be paying more tax, and that's it really.

We aren't going to agree on this, but FWIW I don't agree, and I think that's simplistic. The headline talks of a 'tax hike', and the subheading compares this to the top 5% of earners, who actually are in line for an increase in the basic rate. At no point, in the either the headline or the subheading, does it refer to the marriage allowance tax break, which also clearly doesn't apply to all low-earners. I think that's misleading. 

• Like 2

You're right, we're not going to agree on this.  A 'tax hike' is simply paying more tax.  This could come about due to a number of factors, including increasing the tax rate, or reducing or scrapping allowances.  The end result is the same though.  And it's not just the married couples' allowance, it's the change to the tax on dividends.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Straying into conspiracy territory but it does make you wonder:

It's been going on for a long time too. 

The BBC’s political editor inaccurately reported Jeremy Corbyn’s views about shoot-to-kill policies in the aftermath of the terror attacks in Paris, according to the BBC Trust.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/18/bbc-trust-says-laura-kuenssberg-report-on-jeremy-corbyn-was-inaccurate-labour

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

a joke, an utter **** joke of a "news" organisation. 

Yes, I've just posted that in the GE thread. It seems remarkable that they didn't get him and/or 'his team' to commit to this before they started going ahead with them all.

Â