The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

On a very trivial note, he often retweets pictures of Pakistani scenery on his Twitter account (actually, perhaps slightly less nowadays, but still some) and I have found those quite an eye-opener, since I rather ignorantly assumed the whole country was different varieties of dusty in my mental image of the place. 

I can believe that. Even more trivially, I don't think it's a bad rule of thumb that if someone genuinely loves cricket, they're 99% likely to be a good person, whatever their politics or other interests or abilities. Something about principles of fair play etc...etc... stereotype.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

I can believe that. Even more trivially, I don't think it's a bad rule of thumb that if someone genuinely loves cricket, they're 99% likely to be a good person, whatever their politics or other interests or abilities. Something about principles of fair play etc...etc... stereotype.

How do you feel about people who hate cricket? 

Another BBC vox pop yesterday evening. I kept count of those interviewed.

Six people, all claiming to previously be Labour through and through. Of the six, 3 were now going to vote Brexit Party, a fourth was going to vote conservative, one was undecided and one was definitely sticking with Labour.

So, if the vox pop on the BBC was anywhere near representative of anything, that’s between a 67% to 83% collapse in the Labour vote in what they described as a labour constituency.
I guess we’ll see soon enough if this relentless BBC message is reflected in real life elections.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I guess we’ll see soon enough if this relentless BBC message is reflected in real life elections.

I guess we’ll see soon enough if the reporting of the current mood and the various vox pops were an early indication of the outcome.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

*cough* Australians *cough*

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Another BBC vox pop yesterday evening. I kept count of those interviewed.

Six people, all claiming to previously be Labour through and through. Of the six, 3 were now going to vote Brexit Party, a fourth was going to vote conservative, one was undecided and one was definitely sticking with Labour.

So, if the vox pop on the BBC was anywhere near representative of anything, that’s between a 67% to 83% collapse in the Labour vote in what they described as a labour constituency.

They did one in West Bromwich West last week, with a similar dynamic (one 'the entire family' - it was at least three people, and could have been lots more - switching from Labour to Conservative, one switching to Brexit, one Labour councillor and one first-time voter voting Labour)

Surely it’s time for a serious legal challenge on the mandate of paying to prop up the BBC, which is now unashamedly a mouthpiece for a conservative government.

I can’t see any reasonable justification for having to pay for a ‘license’, it’s one of the intricacies of life in Britain that I struggle with regularly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely it’s time for a serious legal challenge on the mandate of paying to prop up the BBC, which is now unashamedly a mouthpiece for a conservative government.

I can’t see any reasonable justification for having to pay for a ‘license’, it’s one of the intricacies of life in Britain that I struggle with regularly.

It's a public service the Tory filth have touched, it's broken.

It's better fixed than privatised.

You get this sort of shit otherwise.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

True, but at least you're not forced by law to fund them.

I'll pay the price, rather than have my news delivered by tax dodging billionaire pieces of shit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xann said:

I'll pay the price, rather than have my news delivered by tax dodging billionaire pieces of shit.

I'd like to be given a choice, it's the fact it's mandated that I take umbrage with and I find it incredulous, that in this day and age it's a practice still allowed to run, given all the rest of the ridiculous stuff that's deemed to be an infringement on human rights etc.

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd like to be given a choice, it's the fact it's mandated that I take umbrage with and I find it incredulous, that in this day and age it's a practice still allowed to run, given all the rest of the ridiculous stuff that's deemed to be an infringement on human rights etc.

There is a choice.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence/

• Like 1

Â