Racism Part two

Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Doesnt make it right. You basically disrespecting the man who saved this country.

He'd have had my belly filled with lead or more importantly, my granfathers belly

• Like 1

Regardless of what you think of the man, it's an easy way to turn the public against the protests.

Breaking lockdown, injuring dozens of police officers, killing a police horse, vandalising a Churchill statue and trying to set alight the Union flag on the cenotaph. 

Where's Johnson's water cannon when you need it?

• Like 3

Is there actually any proof that he said that? 
I can find no actual proof

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

He'd have had my belly filled with lead or more importantly, my granfathers belly

Which is widely disputed not to have been said

Edited by Follyfoot

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Regardless of what you think of the man, it's an easy way to turn the public against the protests.

Breaking lockdown, injuring dozens of police officers, killing a police horse, vandalising a Churchill statue and trying to set alight the Union flag on the cenotaph. 

Where's Johnson's water cannon when you need it?

Yeah thats my problem with it

All the valid points and good work and the original message are now going to be washed over with the story that they spray painted Churchill and war memorial statues and they were already swimming against the tide anyway 

Just don't do it, it side swipes the whole thing in to something different 

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your grandfather wouldnt even be here if the nazis won

He wouldn't have been there to dig coal and make munitions during the war if his belly was full of lead. His mate Jack Jones ( the EFC footballer) wouldn't have been able to join the International Brigade fighting Francos Fascists in Spain if his belly had been filled with lead either. 

What utter nonsense that post is

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The protests in Gothenburg (2nd biggest city in Sweden) went exactly as expected.

It started with some well meaning organizers who got permission for a protest, Sweden still has a 50 people max gatherings rule.

Obviously right from the start there we're 1000's of people and not 50, and the organizers had no means of keeping control. They were still allowed to continue but then the people who were there to make trouble started to act out and attack the police. It was a couple 100-200 guys from the projects who care f all about anything regarding politics or justice. It's the guys who sell drugs outside the schools and rob teenagers of their clothes at knife point.

These guys where only there to riot and steal stuff from the shops they hoped to loot. Nothing else. This time the police herded them off and contained them so there was limited destruction. Instead they went home and during the night we had loads of car fires all around the poorer suburbs in Gothenburg.

This is the only outcome there was ever going to be in this particular city, other cities have different outcomes. Sadly these protest will mainly give the people who "only want to see the world burn" a carte blanche destroy things and attack people and the original message will become 2nd hand at best. Structural racism is absolutely a thing in Sweden, but that's not why these guys were there.

And that's without even thinking about the virus. Again this is about 1 particular city in Sweden, results may vary, and I don't pretend to know anything about the inner goings in other countries.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

He wouldn't have been there to dig coal and make munitions during the war if his belly was full of lead. His mate Jack Jones ( the EFC footballer) wouldn't have been able to join the International Brigade fighting Francos Fascists in Spain if his belly had been filled with lead either. 

What utter nonsense that post is

Was never going to happen and most probably was never even said, Bringing the army in to the riots actually helped the situation not hinder 

Edited by Follyfoot

31 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Or it just gives a convenient excuse for people who don't really have that much sympathy anyway to work a little confirmation bias in their heads and get sanctimonious about it all. EDIT: The truth is probably a bit in the middle though. Churchill was a racist, and it's good for people to know the wider span of British history—the whole history, the history beyond the 'We fought WW2 against the Nazis and won' story, which frequently comes across as if it's the only moment in history that has ever mattered.

It's not. It's not by a long shot, and it's part of a really naive British myth. Personally, I wouldn't have sprayed it on his statue, but they're not wrong. A lot of people in the UK need to take a look in the mirror.

I would say defeating the  Nazis is probably the most important part of modern British and world history. Your comments show great Disrespect to those who laid down their lives so you could live in freedom.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Â