Racism Part two

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You're really getting one over the woke brigade by laughing at their imaginary responses to an imaginary scenario, nice one

Well you liked Stefan's imaginary quote. 

I happy you admitted there is a woke brigade though, something we do agree on in this thread. 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well you liked Stefan's imaginary quote. 

I happy you admitted there is a woke brigade though, something we do agree on in this thread. 😂

You're going to feel very silly when we have a black manager and people are burning crosses on the pitch;)

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You're going to feel very silly when we have a black manager and people are burning crosses on the pitch;)

Digne might as well do something different with them the amount he wastes every match 

• Haha 3

Please try and follow the site guidelines and respond to what people write, (not what you imagine they might think or say) and please treat other posters as you would like to be treated.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

God forbid we ever employ a black manager, it'll be fun in this forum. 

Finish bottom 4 first season. "Your disrespecting the manager just cause of his colour". 😂

Bit like we are doing with Gerrard because he was hated pre joining villa and he’s Mr Liverpool . 

10 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

This is the often quoted reason for it, yes - the power imbalance. It’s true to some extent, but gets used as a free pass too often imo. A black person saying all white people are scum is a racist, just as a white person saying all black people are scum is too.

This is how it works in other parts of our life. Let’s take the example of a rich footballer and someone who works in Tesco, and imagine what happens if each robs the other.

There’d be far more of an outcry if a footballer was found robbing the houses of poor people than the other way round (the motivation is less understandable), but there’d be no debate that both cases were still criminal actions and were wrong.

Anyone who claims racism follows special rules because of (insert name of postmodernist theory here) is just trying to advance their political agenda or personal interests under the guise of false morality, imo.

Partly agree, history isn't a free pass. In the US right now, we have a proliferation of adverts and films where wise hispterish black people explain to silly, uncool white people the relative merits of various products and services. It's a well-intended advertising trend that nonetheless reeks of old stereotypes all over the place, including the infamous "magical Negro" stereotype of bringing wisdom to white people. It's awful. My point would be that such stereotypes always advance racism, regardless of their configuration. It's just that some of them are given special justification more often and for less understandable ways.

In the cinema of the United States, the Magical Negro is a supporting stock character who comes to the aid of white protagonists in a film.[1] Magical Negro characters, who often possess special insight or mystical powers, have long been a tradition in American fiction.[2]

Edited by Marka Ragnos

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some may say the white race is forever being made to feel guilty about slavery etc ? Just a thought . 

Look what our ancestors did to the poor bars***s. If you have read through this thread and don't feel guilty by now being a whitey, you better get a grip of so called reality. 😂

What about the Craig David v Leigh Francis argument that has resurfaced today

20 years ago Leigh Francis made Bo Selecta in which he put on ludicrously bad masks and badly impersonated celebrities, the celebs ranged from Craig David, Mel B and Trisha to David Beckham, Ozzy Osbourne and Elton John.

It was massively famous at the time and was constantly quoted in playgrounds, Craig David came out some time ago saying that the program was racist (I'm pretty sure that Trisha said the same thing) the around the time that there was all the George Floyd/BLM stuff going on Leigh Francis tweeted an apology where he tearfully said that he didn't realise how offensive it was and that he was on a journey of learning or some nonsense like that.

Craig David hasn't accepted the apology and says that it was conveniently timed and that he hasn't seen Leigh Francis doing talks on racism and bullying or educating himself.

So...what do we think of this then?

I never watched Bo Selecta and the clips that I did see of it I always thought was painfully unfunny but never once did I think it was racist, and I still don't think it is.

I think at the very most Craig David could accuse the show of being cruel or even encouraging bullying against him, this doesn't make it racist, what happens if Ozzy Osbourne turns around and says that he was brutally mocked over the very same program? 

Also, I'm sure that Craig David would have wanted him to apologise and now that he has he refuses to accept the apology, which makes the whole thing a little pointless.

The apology came 2 years ago and Craig David for some reason is in todays papers bleating on about it again, I truly think in this case that it is a case of someone looking for racial abuse where there is none in an attempt to garner a bit of publicity for themselves as it is the only way for him to gain any attention from the media at all. 

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Look what our ancestors did to the poor bars***s. If you have read through this thread and don't feel guilty by now being a whitey, you better get a grip of so called reality. 😂

This idea is just happening in your head. Being aware of history and things outside your own thoughts isn't the same as being made to feel guilty. You don't need to feel guilty—this kind of comment just seems to be what people tell themselves to stop themselves thinking. Same with this imaginary oppression by the woke.

Elsewhere in this thread (not foreveryoung) the evidence that someone has different sensibilities is because he doesn't like people being kicked when they're on the floor. This thread is getting sad.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

**** hell mate - you're having even more a mare than usual :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Why are you saying this sarcastically?

• Like 1

Â