Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Great performance. Again.

Got himself into trouble. Again. If he didn't slip, he still loses the ball. Never seen someone welly so far through their own legs with a Cruyff turn.

Stop it Tyrone. Come on now. That's enough.

I thought that moment was his 1 in 6 matches mistake. It should have been punished but wasn’t. 

He’s been excellent lately and a strong shout for POTS along with Young and Kamara but you’re right, cut it out Tyrone. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I thought that moment was his 1 in 6 matches mistake. It should have been punished but wasn’t. 

He’s been excellent lately and a strong shout for POTS along with Young and Kamara but you’re right, cut it out Tyrone. 

It's usually trying to excel he **** up.

He knows he's playing well, so starts thinking yeah I can do this turn/make this pass/take it past this striker.

I want Emery to get it into him that there's no need! There's nothing wrong with being an incredible wall of a CB who is fairly good on the ball. The risk/reward being trifled with is not logical. I think he'd respond well to it being laid out to him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. He’s a top CB if you take the mistakes away. No doubt.

Ive got an incredible amount of love for Tyrone. Will always defend him. Probably irrationally to a point - albeit I’ve had slips over the years.

The reason why? I think you can tangibly attribute him coming to this club to our upturn in form and the trajectory we’ve been on in the last 4/5 years. He was a behemoth of a player when we signed him in the championship, far too good for that league, and I think he’s improved ever since. 

His mistakes will always be what people talk about, but don’t let that take away from the fact that he’s a very good player and a club legend as far as I’m concerned. 

I genuinely think that when Carlos comes back that he (Carlos) will be the natural leader of the defence and we'll see another step up in performances from Mings.  I think Carlos will have the presence to keep Mings focused and I think that his positioning will also improve.  You've got to love his passion and his determination.  Couple of times early in the Leeds match where you could almost see his team-mates physically grow in size after receiving a dose of Mings inspiration as he congratulated them for a decisive action.  We've had some great centre-halves down the years - had Mings been in a partnership with any of them I think his reputation would soar as any of them would, I am sure, have helped him keep switched on.  I always think he looks better when he is the "junior" of a CB partnership.

• Like 3

Sounds like UNAI EMERY is liked by the players too

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2023/01/14/tyrone-mings-unai-emerys-methods-have-given-me-a-new-lease-of-life-at-aston-villa/

The England international centre-back says Emery’s methods are unlike anything he has previously experienced in his career and he believes he is becoming a better player because of it.

Friday’s 2-1 win over Leeds was Villa’s fourth victory in six matches since the Spaniard took charge and Mings said: “Individual games are so tough at the moment because we are learning new ways to play and I think that has really given me a new lease of life.

“Along with, obviously, how the team are doing. When the result is positive everyone looks on your performance in a better light. But I’m really happy with my performances so far.”

He continued: “I’m being exposed to a whole new different way of coaching - not better or worse - just different. It’s the first foreign manager I’ve worked under - I don’t think Mick McCarthy counts - and his coaching staff have such an impressive attention to detail that I’m learning every day.

• Thanks 1

On 14/01/2023 at 23:09, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. He’s a top CB if you take the mistakes away. No doubt.

Ive got an incredible amount of love for Tyrone. Will always defend him. Probably irrationally to a point - albeit I’ve had slips over the years.

The reason why? I think you can tangibly attribute him coming to this club to our upturn in form and the trajectory we’ve been on in the last 4/5 years. He was a behemoth of a player when we signed him in the championship, far too good for that league, and I think he’s improved ever since. 

His mistakes will always be what people talk about, but don’t let that take away from the fact that he’s a very good player and a club legend as far as I’m concerned. 

Absolutely spot on. Love Mings and I hope he finishes his career with us. 

• Like 1

I was curious who was ahead of him, from last year -

Obviously the total number of games will have changed (I think about 120ish premier league games). I imagine Konsa can’t be too far away either. It’s probably a fair guess that both could well overtake Delaney at some point, but then Carlos might have some say in that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Just want to point out that he was outstanding again today.  Been playing at another level since Emery came into the club and is starting to look like a CB that could play for a top 4 club.  

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Standard Mings. 

Very good. 

Indeed.

Thread has hardly been getting bumped recently because he's just solid and top notch now.

Similarly to why the Kamara thread hardly gets action.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Obviously the total number of games will have changed (I think about 120ish premier league games). I imagine Konsa can’t be too far away either. It’s probably a fair guess that both could well overtake Delaney at some point, but then Carlos might have some say in that.

It’s really is an irrelevant statistic really . More or less games played V better teams or with quality better team mates. 

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

It’s really is an irrelevant statistic really . More or less games played V better teams or with quality better team mates. 

You can say that about goal scorers as well though. “He only scored that many because he had quality players around him…”.

But still, goal scorers are often tabulated and compared.

50 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think today was his 123rd Premier League game for us so thats nearly a clean sheet every 3 and a bit games. Interesting since one of them seasons we were in a relegation battle and another year of being uncoached

Mings or our defence was never really the problem

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KMitch said:

Just want to point out that he was outstanding again today.  Been playing at another level since Emery came into the club and is starting to look like a CB that could play for a top 4 club.  

I loved the way he checked to make sure the offside trap was on and then left the ball go, didn't even need to appeal for it when you get caught out and are hoping to be bailed out. Just totally calm that he'd played them offside perfectly. Very confident performance again from him

Â