Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He had the ball, couldn’t sort his feet out, ended up to James - goal. 

That objectively didn’t happen 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Passed it directly to Llorente - Goal. 

I mean, if people are apparently seeing things with their own eyes and think a split second, off balance clearance with his weak foot from a free header is a pass then I don’t know what else I can say. It’s a blatant agenda. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

WTF does his colour have to do with his game ffs

I can't get me breath sometimes on here.

Yep, I'm sick of seeing that too. He makes too many mistakes that lead to goals - simples. Konsa was poor too by his standards but his mistakes didn't lead to goals. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

That objectively didn’t happen 

I mean, if people are apparently seeing things with their own eyes and think a split second, off balance clearance with his weak foot from a free header is a pass then I don’t know what else I can say. It’s a blatant agenda. 

It's not a blatant agenda ffs.

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't want to continually knock Mings but I said weeks ago I think Gerrard will replace him in the summer as captain and potentially let him go. I'll stick to that prediction. We need a leader on the pitch. There, I've said it.

We need defenders who can defend. You lead by actions, others will follow. McGrath never said a word. Mings is always flapping his gums but can’t look after his own game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Yep, I'm sick of seeing that too. He makes too many mistakes that lead to goals - simples. Konsa was poor too by his standards but his mistakes didn't lead to goals. 

Which mistakes did he make today that lead to goals? 

You expect a Villa defender to be first to the second ball in our own penalty box. Mings did his job, he got the ball away from his net. Not sure how much more power he could have put on that header, given the shot was like 5 yards in front of him? Then it was on Konsa to not be on his heels and watch Llorente take a free swing at the ball.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Which mistakes did he make today that lead to goals? 

Ok, fair enough - he didn’t pass it directly to Llorente but jesus wept, ya gotta clear your lines. Surely. That’s bread and butter stuff. I just don’t think the guy is a good defender. Too much pointing at either people, perception of leadership but too many mistakes in his own game. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

You expect a Villa defender to be first to the second ball in our own penalty box. Mings did his job, he got the ball away from his net. Not sure how much more power he could have put on that header, given the shot was like 5 yards in front of him? Then it was on Konsa to not be on his heels and watch Llorente take a free swing at the ball.

Also the free header that lead to Mings having to block…

given no chance by his teammates but it’s his mistake because he tried to block it on his weaker foot in a split second

madness

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

To be fair to the bloke he is a colossus more often then not, he's the one whose always there, things happen good and bad because he's always there. Tonight was pretty much just bad luck for him, James gets sandwiched in between two players putting Ty off balance and it pops off his head bang on target, lucky bugger and his off balance weak clearance is inch perfect for Llorente to slot it home, lucky bugger. 

The comments are over the top, especially the one about his colour. He'll do for us until an opportunity arises that there is a better player available and getable.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It’s honestly one of the most baffling things I’ve seen in my time supporting Villa 

Some of the utter shite  we’ve had at CB in recent times including circling the drain in the PL for years and struggling in the championship and Mings gets more stick than anyone in that time period. 

He makes some mistakes but literally every goal we concede is somehow linked back to him. Why is it? Why doesn’t Konsa get the same grief? He doesn’t hide like the others do. That’s all I can guess. And people don’t like that he’s a big black confident lad not afraid to speak his mind. 

I can’t understand it any other way

and it isn’t because I’m a Mings fan or whatever other childish slur people want to throw around

It's also churlish to say it's about race and because Mings is opinionated, when it quite obviously is nothing to do with that (at least from my perspective).

I personally loved his rebuff to Priti Patel in the summer after the Gesture Politics row. And I think he's an exceptional role model and probably our most articulate player.

I just don't rate his concentration as a defender and feel he massively holds us back by his tendency to gift the opposition cheap goals. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Ok, fair enough - he didn’t pass it directly to Llorente but jesus wept, ya gotta clear your lines. Surely. That’s bread and butter stuff. I just don’t think the guy is a good defender. Too much pointing at either people, perception of leadership but too many mistakes in his own game. 

It’s headed at him from what? 2/3 metres away? You’re acting as if he had all the time in the world to try and clear it. 

blame both the defender who let the free header happen and the defender who left llorente completely unmarked. 

he did his job getting the block on it 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

To be fair to the bloke he is a colossus more often then not, he's the one whose always there, things happen good and bad because he's always there. Tonight was pretty much just bad luck for him, James gets sandwiched in between two players putting Ty off balance and it pops off his head bang on target, lucky bugger and his off balance weak clearance is inch perfect for Llorente to slot it home, lucky bugger. 

The comments are over the top, especially the one about his colour. He'll do for us until an opportunity arises that there is a better player available and getable.

I don’t think everyone who doesn’t rate him thinks that way but it’s certainly A reason why he gets so much abuse from both villa fans and opposition fans 

I think you’re right him always being there. He never hides. Always wants the ball, always puts himself out there. 

Compare that to Konsa who cruises through most games and doesn’t put himself out there to make a mistake. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

What case in point? 

he did his job today for most of the game, he was let down by those around him, mostly Konsa, and he gets the blame for all 3 goals. It’s insanity. 

I was just arguing that people have a higher standard for Mings and are more eager to criticize him because of his "swagger" and Captain status as opposed to it solely being about his race. Case in point, "...Mings flapping his gums about..."

• Like 3

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I was just arguing that people have a higher standard for Mings and are more eager to criticize him because of his "swagger" and Captain status as opposed to it solely being about his race. Case in point, "...Mings flapping his gums about..."

Ah got ya! Sorry went way over my head. 

Â