Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, Stevo985 said:

But the same is happening the other way. Where if anyone points out a mistake they're getting accused of scapegoating.

It's one extreme to the other.

That just isn't true. Look at @OutByEaster?'s post. Not defending Mings in the slightest, but articulately puts how none of the goals were his fault. If people are stating every goal is his fault, I'm not sure how saying 'no they weren't' whilst giving evidence of that, is being extreme. Especially when those defending Mings are giving a proper explanation to why it isn't his fault, and those on the other side are quite literally 'BeAt bY DaN JaMeS iN The AIr'.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Opinions like this are getting lumped into "scapegoating":

But they're clearly not. Nobody even queried anything you said. People queried comments that every goal was his fault last night which is objectively false.

2 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

I know he doesn’t have the stature but he can clearly run with the ball and pass well. 

is he too big for a DM role? 

Or is that just crazy talk?

17th in Villa squad this season for tackles per game 0.5

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

That just isn't true. Look at @OutByEaster?'s post. Not defending Mings in the slightest, but articulately puts how none of the goals were his fault. If people are stating every goal is his fault, I'm not sure how saying 'no they weren't' whilst giving evidence of that, is being extreme. Especially when those defending Mings are giving a proper explanation to why it isn't his fault, and those on the other side are quite literally 'BeAt bY DaN JaMeS iN The AIr'.

But they're clearly not. Nobody even queried anything you said. People queried comments that every goal was his fault last night which is objectively false.

If you say so

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He tries to yeah but as I said if anyone thinks that they can jump cleanly for that while under pressure from behind and from a standing start, coupled with Buendia barrelling in just doesnt understand how the human body works and should stick to gaming.

I didn’t ask if he attempted to or wanted to, I asked if he jumped? The fact you can’t say yes, and instead you have to pretend you’re an expert in physics and anybody who opposes your opinion should stick to playing games, shows that you know he could have done much better 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Why even reply :D 

You have your opinion and I'm not going to change it.

being someone who (I like to think) has a pretty balanced opinion on Mings, I feel like pointing out that he's been prone to a few mistakes lately is being labelled as scapegoating.

You don't.

That's fine

Just now, Stevo985 said:

You have your opinion and I'm not going to change it.

being someone who (I like to think) has a pretty balanced opinion on Mings, I feel like pointing out that he's been prone to a few mistakes lately is being labelled as scapegoating.

You don't.

That's fine

But that's not true.

Nobody quoted you or took your posts as scapegoating. I certainly didn't.

There's a difference between 'he's been prone to a few mistakes lately' (you don't need to change my opinion, as I probably agree with you here) and 'he's to blame for every goal last night' (which is 100% scapegoating)

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

The extreme opinion the other way would be giving him the ballon d’or, so the support for him is pretty valid.

No, the extreme opinion is excusing any mistakes he makes and crying scapegoating whenever a mistake is pointed out.

The other extreme is attributing mistakes to him and blame for goals that aren't there.

Most of us sit in between those two views, but the extremes shout the loudest

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

17th in Villa squad this season for tackles per game 0.5

Not that I remotely think he should play DM, that’s crazy talk, but this is not how it works. Many stats are a result of where and how you’re asked to play.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

No, the extreme opinion is excusing any mistakes he makes and crying scapegoating whenever a mistake is pointed out.

The other extreme is attributing mistakes to him and blame for goals that aren't there.

Most of us sit in between those two views, but the extremes shout the loudest

Crying?

jesus Christ man this site has become really **** miserable.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

But that's not true.

Nobody quoted you or took your posts as scapegoating. I certainly didn't.

There's a difference between 'he's been prone to a few mistakes lately' (you don't need to change my opinion, as I probably agree with you here) and 'he's to blame for every goal last night' (which is 100% scapegoating)

I didn't say you did.

31 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, he literally does. And he's interfered with by Buendia.

Why does one backheel take 4 villa players out of the game? And linked to that, why are Luiz and Coutinho holding hands instead of tracking their man? Although I imagine that the logic here is that Mings should be coming across marking Rodrigo right? 🤪

Why is Buendia interfering with Mings' job as a defender?

Why are both Konsa AND Cash with Klich? Why is Konsa so far off him?

You can't, with a straight face, say you don't understand why people say Mings has an agenda against him people watch the goal back and say it's on Mings. SO much else happens that's nothing to do with him. It's maybe 1% his fault.

Villa1.PNG

Villa2.PNG

There will always be several moments that lead up to a goal, but to say Mings can take 1% of blame is the stupidest thing I’ve read on here today. 

Please look at Dan James and Mings positions, look at Mings focus, he is ball watching and should have done better against a much smaller player. He would have done better if he focused on his own man, he didn’t, so his man beat him. It’s really that simple. 

Personally, I feel like Mings has gotten away with a lot of mistakes with a certain section of our fanbase. Like, there are people claiming that Mings doesn't make any more mistakes than the ordinary CB which I find patently untrue.

But on the other hand, I think there are also people looking to blame Mings the first chance they get. Focusing a lot more on his mistakes than other people's mistakes.

Both sides exist and both sides are wrong imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

There will always be several moments that lead up to a goal, but to say Mings can take 1% of blame is the stupidest thing I’ve read on here today. 

Please look at Dan James and Mings positions, look at Mings focus, he is ball watching and should have done better against a much smaller player. He would have done better if he focused on his own man, he didn’t, so his man beat him. It’s really that simple. 

Ball watching? :D

Do you know what ball watching means? 

What else should he be doing when the ball is directly above him and coming down onto his head?

The only ball watching in that goal was Luiz/Coutinho, and then Buendia, who's so focused on the ball he completely distracts Mings and his ability to clear it.

If other players do their basic jobs, it doesn't even get to the point where Mings has to try and head the ball.

4 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

I didn’t ask if he attempted to or wanted to, I asked if he jumped? The fact you can’t say yes, and instead you have to pretend you’re an expert in physics and anybody who opposes your opinion should stick to playing games, shows that you know he could have done much better 

He jumped, yes. I'm not pretending to be an expert in physics (although I am qualified as a Civil Engineer so have studied statics and dynamics, so we can get really technical if you want) but if you have ever played any sport you should know that if you get a nudge as you are jumping it affects the quality/effectiveness of your jump but if you get a nudge and another 65kg object (Buendia) comes barrelling in at full speed then you don't really have a chance. You don't need to be Einstein to figure that one out.

Â