Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

26 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I’m a massive Ramsey fan and believe he’s a super talent but treat all players equally, if he’s giving the ball away constantly and making wrong decisions time and again he shouldn’t be starting in a team going for top 4. He was looking better 2nd half yesterday albeit against 10 men, let’s hope he can push on. 

It looks like Zaniolo has been a failure, not even getting off the bench, let’s send him back and go get Pedro Neto from the Dogheads to give JJ some competition.

Fair enough but i honesty think Unai would have taken off Ramsey earlier and maybe benched him against Burnley if we had other options. Zaniola is just not cutting it in this league. We’re short on options on the bench at the moment. Hopefully Tielemans is back soon.

21 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He should safari against Boro as a way to get more minutes into his legs and see if he can rediscover some of his magic

I'm sure he'll get plenty of minute into his legs on safari, especially if there are lions about.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fine with him starting as long as it doesn’t get us any closer to that obligation to buy. 

This is the key for me.

I have no issues with us being patient with players but at this stage I would be trying to avoid that obligation to buy clause considering how close we are on FFP.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough but i honesty think Unai would have taken off Ramsey earlier and maybe benched him against Burnley if we had other options. Zaniola is just not cutting it in this league. We’re short on options on the bench at the moment. Hopefully Tielemans is back soon.

Zaniolo did score against Sheffield Utd but yes has been disappointing. Decision to be made about him in January, if we send him back we need another player to come in to replace him for sure even if just a loan. Buendia might come back at some point but don’t think he’ll have much impact this season (although I must say I don’t rate him all that highly anyway). 

Two things can be true.

1. Has Jacob Ramsey earned the right for a little more patience from us as fans? Yes.

2. Has Jacob Ramsey been playing crap since he's returned from his injury? Yes.

When everyone is fit and available, I'd be playing Bailey - McGinn - Diaby - Watkins as my front four at the moment, Ramsey needs to rediscover form and quickly. There's too much riding on this season for us to indulge in any sentimentality.

1 minute ago, Powehi said:

Two things can be true.

1. Has Jacob Ramsey earned the right for a little more patience from us as fans? Yes.

When everyone is fit and available, I'd be playing Bailey - McGinn - Diaby - Watkins as my front four at the moment, Ramsey needs to rediscover form and quickly. There's too much riding on this season for us to indulge in any sentimentality.

it's a catch 22. his form isn't going to improve by dropping him but equally he's offering next to nothing at the moment so agreed, i'd much rather the 4 that you mentioned as the forward line

he's regressed to his early days in the first team, where every time i saw him i wondered what he's actually good at. but then something clicked, and he became fantastic. he needs to discover that again, and soon.

tonight was a great opporunity for him against lesser opposition and he again had a poor game

10 minutes ago, Powehi said:

Two things can be true.

I would have Tielemans in for Diaby if fully fit

• Like 1

I see JJ has been getting a lot of s*** on social media, you have to remember that if Tielemans was fit then Ramsey would probably still be used off the bench right now until he found form. The boy has to be given a pass to a certain extent, the timings of his 2 injuries couldn’t have been worse for him.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm confused by the reaction again, he had some bad moments where he gave the ball away cheaply, but for the most part I thought without being brilliant he was one of our better players, and probably our best attacker on the pitch today.

15 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

today he was consistently breaking lines, progressing with the ball/moving us towards the box and taking on opposition. Room to improve but I think it’s harsh to say he was poor today.  

My thoughts too. He wasn't brilliant, but he was the best of a fairly bad bunch.

Still true that he can at the same time be way below his peak of last season though. This is effectively his pre season, so I'd expect him to hit some form in a few games time. Hopefully Youri is back soon and he can have a bit of the pressure to perform relieved from him. 

Surprised by so much negativity. Thought he looked a lot sharper with still elements of rustiness. He’s going to be so important the second half of this season!

• Like 1

As a few others have said, I though he had a decent game yesterday.  He perhaps faded a bit of the game wore on but thats to be expected when he hasn't played much. Yesterday was ideal for him to get another 90 minutes under his belt

• Like 1

He's still way off the pace for me. But I understand why that is. Its been such a disruptive season for him. Also, we're not in sparkling fluid form as a team.

If he's getting grief, that's disgraceful. He will be back to his best and a massive asset again soon.

• Like 1

Â