Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

People calling for Zaniolo instead of Ramsey. Massive LOL. Ramsey at his worst is on par with Zaniolo at his best.

Some of you seem to have forgotten about arguably the worst half of football at Bournemouth I’ve seen a professional player put in. 

Ask yourself, why won’t Emery pick him even when we’re down to bare bones and have players starting that are clearly out of form? When you find the answer, you’ll realise that Zaniolo has been piss poor and the manager doesn’t rate/trust him one bit.

Ramsey* > Zaniolo.

*the one at Burnley. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

People calling for Zaniolo instead of Ramsey. Massive LOL. Ramsey at his worst is on par with Zaniolo at his best.

Some of you seem to have forgotten about arguably the worst half of football at Bournemouth I’ve seen a professional player put in. 

Ask yourself, why won’t Emery pick him even when we’re down to bare bones and have players starting that are clearly out of form? When you find the answer, you’ll realise that Zaniolo has been piss poor and the manager doesn’t rate/trust him one bit.

Ramsey* > Zaniolo.

*the one at Burnley. 

Nah. First predicate is way off.

Zaniolo hasn't been great, but been good in his last few games, including scoring in his last appearance.

Ramsey may be getting up to speed, but he's not there yet.

You pick players on form, not reputation - otherwise Bailey would be warming the bench.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ramsey* > Zaniolo.

*the one at Burnley. 

Maybe if he had made the change against United instead of a piss-poor and invisible JJ, we would have got something against a side there for the taking…

People focusing on that Zaniolo has scored a few goals and not focusing on his overall game, even allowing for the fact that Ramsey hasn't been at his best yet, he's stil been playing better than Zaniolo, it's not even close, Zaniolo just hasn't been very good unfortunately, nothing against him he puts in good effort and hopefully his goals will calm him down and lead to better performances.

Also I think some ignore that Ramsey and Zaniolo are completely different players, Ramsey is more than just a wide attacker, he's wide attacker / central midfielder hybrid, he's got more responsibilities than just attacking, not just any forward can replace what he does in the team, if Zaniolo was to replace him we would have to adjust the way we play.

If Zaniolo was to come into the team it would more likely be for one of Diaby or Bailey

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

Maybe if he had made the change against United instead of a piss-poor and invisible JJ, we would have got something against a side there for the taking…

True. Or maybe he could make that change and we still lost. Kinda of sad to see to see the judgement of the manager that has us 2nd after 20 games is in question after individual results. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True. Or maybe he could make that change and we still lost. Kinda of sad to see to see the judgement of the manager that has us 2nd after 20 games is in question after individual results. 

I’m happy that we have Emery as our manager and I’m really happy that he has given us some of the best moments that I can remember in my 40 years as a Villa supporter, but that doesn’t mean we can’t question his approach or changes or lack of

• Like 1

On 27/12/2023 at 11:29, Leeroy said:

If he starts next game I will question Unai's judgement. Bench player at best at the moment. 

well the next game is against boro - so arguably the perfect opportunity to find some form

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Nah. First predicate is way off.

Zaniolo hasn't been great, but been good in his last few games, including scoring in his last appearance.

Ramsey may be getting up to speed, but he's not there yet.

You pick players on form, not reputation - otherwise Bailey would be warming the bench.

He’s been rubbish in his last few games. Scored a decent goal against Sheff Utd but everything else has been rubbish.

I find it funny. Everyone lauds Emery on here but then claims players like Zaniolo are good and should be playing instead of Ramsey. Emery isn’t picking Zaniolo during an injury crisis and with players out of form. So which is it? Is Zaniolo great and our manager stupid or Is Emery the messiah like you praise him to be and might, might have just realised that Zaniolo is a million miles off playing in our depleted first XI. 

Ramsey is just gassed, not close to being effective for 90 minutes currently.

Think if Kamara and Tielemans return as expected for Everton then he'll drop out and we'll play SJM a bit wider.

Then get Ramsey ready for Newcastle as he was brilliant v them last season down the left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

I’m happy that we have Emery as our manager and I’m really happy that he has given us some of the best moments that I can remember in my 40 years as a Villa supporter, but that doesn’t mean we can’t question his approach or changes or lack of

True. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing I guess.

No shame in admitting that JJ gets LONG rope and bias from me.

I think Unai is trying to play him back into the form he knows he can produce.

This will only come with gametine and confidence. He missed a crucial amount of system development and flow time.

I'd love if he came bang into form for the next half of the season.

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No shame in admitting that JJ gets LONG rope and bias from me.

I think Unai is trying to play him back into the form he knows he can produce.

This will only come with gametine and confidence. He missed a crucial amount of system development and flow time.

I'd love if he came bang into form for the next half of the season.

There is a reason JJ is valued so highly. Its because he has an elite skillset. The raw pace to break the lines and his ability to get into goalscoring positions,  whilst being tactically switched on is not as common as you would think. I agree with you. A flying JJ in the second half of the season will be worth his weight in gold. 

• Like 2

Looked more like his old self when they were down to 10 men. beating players and putting in some nice balls. If we can get ramsey firing on the left side like bailey is firing on the right side then we are going to be scoring even more goals. I imagine he will start in the cup to try get him a goal for confidence

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Question his judgement ?

I’m a massive Ramsey fan and believe he’s a super talent but treat all players equally, if he’s giving the ball away constantly and making wrong decisions time and again he shouldn’t be starting in a team going for top 4. He was looking better 2nd half yesterday albeit against 10 men, let’s hope he can push on. 

It looks like Zaniolo has been a failure, not even getting off the bench, let’s send him back and go get Pedro Neto from the Dogheads to give JJ some competition.

13 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He should safari against Boro as a way to get more minutes into his legs and see if he can rediscover some of his magic. 

I’d like to see Zaniolo starting that game, too, fwiw. 

Fine with him starting as long as it doesn’t get us any closer to that obligation to buy. 

Â