Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Scholesy. says he should attract the attention of a big club

Remember when he was playing and shied away from the limelight? I loved when Roy Keane said, "he was apparently too shy for interviews when he was playing, now he's retired, you can't shut him up, what's all that about." Always loved Keano for his straight- forward no nonsense opinions. 

He seen right through the characters of that Villa squad under Lambert. And he was proved right when they were eventually relegated. It really was painful watching Villa at times under Lambert, the amount of times, "we had to go again ".

Edited by sheepyvillian

He really is a master craftsman at the give and go. That finish last night was sheer class. I can see him going to somewhere like Madrid if he continues to improve in such a rapid manner. Imagine him and Bellingham in that Madrid midfield, absolutely frightening thought. Hopefully he can win a few things with us should he one day decide to leave. Could be worth 100 mill by then.

25 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He really is a master craftsman at the give and go. That finish last night was sheer class. I can see him going to somewhere like Madrid if he continues to improve in such a rapid manner. Imagine him and Bellingham in that Madrid midfield, absolutely frightening thought. Hopefully he can win a few things with us should he one day decide to leave. Could be worth 100 mill by then.

Yep. Its his trademark in many ways.  He is seriously quick on the burst. Far quicker than Bellingham. He can still be quiet in games like he was in the first half last night, but it is becoming more and more difficult for the opposition to keep him out for a whole game. 

Long way to go for him though and his time needs to be spent growing with us .  Got loads more to learn under Emery

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep. Its his trademark in many ways.  He is seriously quick on the burst. Far quicker than Bellingham. He can still be quiet in games like he was in the first half last night, but it is becoming more and more difficult for the opposition to keep him out for a whole game. 

Long way to go for him though and his time needs to be spent growing with us .  Got loads more to learn under Emery

I agree, but it's a compliment for any footballer to be wooed by Madrid. I remember first seeing him for the Youth team and he was giving and going with aplomb then. That's what really stood out for me. I think going to Doncaster on loan under the guidance of Darren Moore was also beneficial to his growth as a player. I know a friend of mine who knows Darren personally and he told me you couldn't meet a nicer person. It would be interesting to hear from Jacob about his time under Moore, he certainly prospered there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think Bellingham is better defensively and Jacob a tad better in the attacking department. It's just great to see local lads making such a mark in the game.

Let's not forget Aaron, providing he becomes injury free, I think he stands a chance of making an impression on Emery. That would be something,  two of our own, and Brothers too. 

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I'd take it as a compliment. Sir Alex probably would have gone for him.

Might be too early, but in another season if he continues to improve, both the Manure clubs may come knocking...

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Remember that picture of him with his "three - card" sticking out of his shorts. It certainly put the "little man, big dick" cliche to bed.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Might be a player we should look at extending his contract and giving him a pay rise at the end of next season. He'll be 23 and we can tie him down until his 28. Bump him up into the 100k a week pay scale

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Didn’t he sign a new contract recently or have I dreamt that? 

April 2022 was the last one he signed.

Different midfield positions sure, but who would you rather have out of Mount (24) Tonali (23) JJ (22) and Gordon (22) at the moment if you could pick one? I know which one I'd rather have and he was free. 

All of those other players have been/are being transferred for £45m +. Imagine what he's worth (not that he's going anywhere). 

So, so lucky to have hit upon another academy monster so soon after selling Jack. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Different midfield positions sure, but who would you rather have out of Mount (24) Tonali (23) JJ (22) and Gordon (22) at the moment if you could pick one? I know which one I'd rather have and he was free. 

All of those other players have been/are being transferred for £45m +. Imagine what he's worth (not that he's going anywhere). 

So, so lucky to have hit upon another academy monster so soon after selling Jack. 

I haven't seen enough of Tonali to comment, Italy do seem to be on the rise a little again.  Gordon would be bottom of the list for me.

Mount I have to say when fully fit is a very good player, got some stick for England rightly so when he was picked over others playing better but in general was exceptional for Chelsea at the time.    I'd certainly like him here.  

I'd put JJ 2nd behind Mount right now.

• Like 1

Â