Formula One - 2019

BOF

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

@LakotaDakota snap :) Tomorrow should be interesting to see if Racing Point change their livery.  I think I read that they're sticking with pink.

Can't see them changing from pink but you never know i guess as they are teasing it as the start of a new era. Sportpesa are apparently their new lead title sponsor and their standard logo is purple/blue

Sportpesa-1.jpg

We get 3 tomorrow :) with McLaren & Red Bull also being shown.

None of them are really jumping out at me so far though.

58 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

We get 3 tomorrow :) with McLaren & Red Bull also being shown.

None of them are really jumping out at me so far though.

You mean none of the liveries or the designs?  I like the liveries so far.  I'm a sucker for a black car, so Haas is a huge step forward and the Renault was always gonna look class, albeit it could do with more yellow.  The Williams is nice and different, and I like the STR too.  Maybe I'm just easily pleased :D  But I think it's a good bunch.  As for intriguing design.  It seems the Haas' exhaust configuration has been the biggest reveal that Ferrari are going to stack theirs on top of itself in order to try and blow it onto the rear wing.  They've been experimenting with this for a while, but the gains were marginal, but now that they're all trying to recover lost downforce with the new regulations it seems Ferrari (and Haas) are going with that design.  Gives it a neater arse aswell.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

You mean none of the liveries or the designs?  I like the liveries so far.  I'm a sucker for a black car, so Haas is a huge step forward and the Renault was always gonna look class, albeit it could do with more yellow.  The Williams is nice and different, and I like the STR too.

bit of both i guess, the cars all look a bit samey other than the haas which looks a bit clunky compared to the rest. Haas livery is ok but nothing in that colour scheme will ever look as good as the old JPS liveries and it would be far better if the haas logo was gold too rather than silver. There were some mock-ups/concepts doing the rounds over the past couple of weeks and i think all of them are better than wht actually ended up on the car. the STR looks the nicest but it is just a red bull can really. The renault looks ok exactly head on or directly from the side but all of the other angles it just looks a bit of a nothing design & the williams just reminds me of a crap version of Hakinnens old 1998 MP4/13.

s4RDIod.jpg

I hope red bull stick with their matte finish as it looks so clean compared to all the other shiny cars and if they could incorporate the bull into the halo like on the mock-up below it could be fantastic

red-bull-2019.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Snap again, as above, it's a one-off livery.

one-off or not it's still awful. At least last years blue/black digital camo reveal actually looked pretty good.there were quite a few who wanted them to keep it for the season. Can't see anyone wanting this one.

JNQhA9a.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

one-off or not it's still awful. At least last years blue/black digital camo reveal actually looked pretty good.there were quite a few who wanted them to keep it for the season. Can't see anyone wanting this one.

JNQhA9a.jpg

That one was amazing. Far better than anything Red Bull have ever had to be honest.

I understand that differing colours help distinguish between manufacturers on the track and that advertising needs to be visible, but I really don’t see any F1 car as being attractive. They are all very similarly shaped machines designed to travel fast around race tracks and meet the regulations. I struggle to be enthusiastic about what shade a car is and whether it’s aerodynamics are better on the eye than another near identical car. Similarly, if I were turning wood or metal, I wouldn’t care about which lathe had the nicest colour or shape, but I would prefer the lathe that performed best.

That Mercedes is clean and gonna be honest I love that Red Bull. Shame it's a one off like last year and it'll be back to standard come Australia. I want someone to spice it up, they're all pretty much the same so far. 

15 minutes ago, choffer said:

So many lovely looking cars this year and then this one gets revealed in all its papaya orange and vega blue glory. :blink:

Here's hoping the colour scheme is the worst thing about the car.

• Like 1

Â