Formula One - 2019

BOF

It will make for a really exciting season if Mercedes are playing catch up. It’ll be great for the sport I think. If MB turn up and reveal they’ve been “sand bagging” a load of time and streak off in race one it’ll be disastrous for viewers for the season (IMO).

1 hour ago, Genie said:

jist read this, if you have a sky package you can add Sky F1 for £10 a month.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-sports-f1-10-a-month-from-1st-march-need-entertainment-pack-at-22-pm-too-3187013

Yes and how much is a Sky package? So how much is F1 on Sky if I don't currently have Sky?

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yes and how much is a Sky package? So how much is F1 on Sky if I don't currently have Sky?

I think you can get a basic sky package for £22 a month, so £32 with F1 channel makes it pricey if only buying for the F1.

I have a friend who has an IPTV subscription for £60 a year and has every channel under the sun including all PPV events (boxing, wresting, MMA etc).

Edited by Genie

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think you can get a basic sky package for £22 a month, so £32 with F1 channel makes it pricey if only buying for the F1.

I have a friend who has an IPTV subscription for £60 a year and has every channel under the sun including all PPV events (boxing, wresting, MMA etc).

I also have a friend. But back to Sky. That's the problem. To have F1 costs £384pa. Some will do it. Out of 64m people most will not, and the viewing figures bear that out. **** Sky. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bit of a catch 22 isn't it.

The F1 channel does actually represent pretty good value, Every single practice session shown in full, loads of other stuff like teds talk on race weekends(although i believe he may have been let go/fired for this season), interviews, classic races, long & short documentaries and hours and hours of pre/post race stuff.

No terrestrial tv channel could/would show 20 odd hours of f1 every other week.

Edited by LakotaDakota

There is a great deal going to Barcelona this year, but as I'm going to Spa already, I can't do both. It works out at £375 for 5 nights half board, including drinks. It's on travelzoo at the moment. 

Cheers Nick 

• 2 weeks later...

F1 is moving closer to approving a WDC point for fastest lap.  WMSC have given conditional support to the plan.  It now needs the majority backing of the F1 Strategy Group and the unanimous support of the F1 Commission.  The point can only be won by a driver already classified within the top ten.

I don't like it.  I think it's gimmicky and unnecessary.  It'll add basically nothing to the spectacle because the only driver who will come in for fresh rubber in a last ditch attempt to get the fastest lap will be someone with a pitstop gap to the driver behind.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

F1 is moving closer to approving a WDC point for fastest lap.  WMSC have given conditional support to the plan.  It now needs the majority backing of the F1 Strategy Group and the unanimous support of the F1 Commission.  The point can only be won by a driver already classified within the top ten.

I don't like it.  I think it's gimmicky and unnecessary.  It'll add basically nothing to the spectacle because the only driver who will come in for fresh rubber in a last ditch attempt to get the fastest lap will be someone with a pitstop gap to the driver behind.

I would be in favor, but to anyone on the grid. Fastest is fastest, top ten is unnecessarily constraining. It might also give Ferrari#2 and Merc#2 something to do other than be mobile chicanes.

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

I would be in favor, but to anyone on the grid. Fastest is fastest, top ten is unnecessarily constraining. It might also give Ferrari#2 and Merc#2 something to do other than be mobile chicanes.

I'm assuming their thinking is that they don't want to overly compromise the integrity of the final result by having the entire bottom half of the field coming in for glory runs on the final lap in a bid to gain a WDC point that they wouldn't otherwise have got.  So I can see the logic there.  You'd potentially end up with a ridiculous; and statistically more dangerous; situation.  I just don't agree with a WDC point for fastest lap full stop.

It seems they also wanted a point for pole position but that was rejected.

Melbourne Grand Prix is an absolute pain in the arse. For 10 weeks every year they move our futsal games from the Albert Park pitlane to the other side of the city to accommodate the damn race!

15 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Melbourne Grand Prix is an absolute pain in the arse. For 10 weeks every year they move our futsal games from the Albert Park pitlane to the other side of the city to accommodate the damn race!

There was a show on sky about 3 months ago showing them starting to get ready to turn it into a track

Why does it take 3 months to create it into a race track when other street circuits can do it in a week preceeding the race? 

I can't wait for the F1 season to start, my weekends have been shit without it, especially Sundays but I love the qualifying and practices as well (practice sessions always provide a welcome distraction when I should be working)

I'll be backing Mercedes again purely out of my hatred for Vetel but if LeClerc does well then I won't be too fussed.

How are Renault looking? I've got a vested interest in them now that they have Ricciardo, he was shit on by Red Bulls car last season.

Â