• None
    • 4 or more

I'm thinking it could be -5.

Moore

Sorensen

Mellberg

Cahill

Berger

If these leave in this window then O'Neil would have to sign around 8 players in 8 days to have significantly upped the numbers. I don't see it happening.

Whatever happens I now have a feeling it will be a net negative number of signings. -2 something like that. If we start the second half of the season with less players than the first half questions really need to be raised about competence.

If Mellberg signs a pre-contract with Juve and either goes early or more likely is dropped we are well and truly in the shit without a replacement right back. Gardner is not good enough as right back to cover.

Still not long left to wait ..

:bang: Questions don't have to be asked about competence if we sign no-one. Questions have to be asked about competence if we don't perform on the pitch. So far we have performed brilliantly, i don't understand why losing Sorenson, Cahill and Berger out of the ones you mentioned would have any effect. It wouldn't show incompetence, it would just show O Neill is culling the squad.

No way would we let all 5 leave anyway with no replacements, i don't mean your post but i get the feeling people love giving worst case scenarios to have a go at the manager. So far he's improved us ten fold since he joined. His record in the transfer market must take some credit for this, if people don't believe that i'd be interested to know why they think we have improved. I want a couple signings but its not that big a deal if we get none.

don;t think Koogan would agree with that

nor sve desperate for a forward or two

Whether their players are good enough is another matter, we simply don't have enough. Our bench against Liverpool was dreadful, and one or two injuries and we're knackered.

we simply don't have enough. Our bench against Liverpool was dreadful, and one or two injuries and we're knackered.

Whatever happens I now have a feeling it will be a net negative number of signings. -2 something like that.

In response to the thread title I would have to say none. I agree with the above viewpoints and believe that its only a matter of time before we suffer injuries or a downturn in form for key players (look at Ashley against Liverpool) which combined with our lack of numbers will see us miss out on Europe. Pessimistic? maybe. Tick tock...

i've changed my mind.... i had voted for 2 ..... but now i think 1 person.

but it'll be a good'un. around 10-12million mark. probably right midfield, or striker.

no right-back till summer, as Mellberg is staying.

we will sign one regular first team player.

:? and i thought i was being cautious with that statement.

Hurry up MON sign some players! im seriously worried about how much money he really does have at his disposal! or does he revel im getting the best out of a squad without major signing?

Sorry to see Hutton is off to Spurs, I thought we'd done a deal w/ Luke going up north. Business sense also tellls you we should have sold Mellberg now while we could get something for him, and spent that money on a new player. But no, he'll walk in July. Where is the business sense there? I know we are short of players, but this could have been dealt with as far back as last summer!

MON is a great teacher, motivator, he's enthusiastic, totally unlike the stone slab that was DOL. He can bring out the best in players. But I think at think at this point, you could say his weakness is the transfer market. He is pussy-footing around when he should be more aggressive. It's not like Lerner has said NO. Quite the opposite, actually. So what's the holdup, Martin?

Â