Jez

How many this month?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How many this month?

• None
    • 4 or more

i still expect 2 - 3 signings

with atleast 1 of those being top class

if we don't manage to bring any quality players in in this window, it will simply be a disaster IMO

we've set our standards so high and made such a great start, we don't want to take 2 steps back

I'm sorry... i was a MON believer.. but no transfer this month and i'm walking to the other side... i expect a premiership manager to be a full package. The way i see it... MON took our original squad and did well with it by adding young... but who else has done really well? not anywhere near as well as expected. MON can coach. But he's mental and i really don't see him taking us into europe... if he blows this season because of a lack of a brass set in the transfer market (which is a massive part of the game with the window system) then i won't be upset to see the back of him. eeek scary words i know. but i'd rather have a big batch of players who want to play rather than 11 tired heads feeling the pressure. how do u think barry felt watching the pool game when we couldnt distribute for love nor money? wouldnt it feel better to know your a team that can win without its key players? MON --- sort it out. you know what we're like. and the thing we hate most is being lied to. you promised us players... and we're losing olly and cahil and you only have zat knight to show for it. i'm getting really fed up with your excuses MON, bamboozle randy all u want but this is a joke.

and tottenham!

great spending - poor coach. now they have a great coach (in poyet - i watched leeds ALOT and the man is a genius) and ramos knows how to throw his weight around. if u need to spend £16 million to get up into europe.. how come aston villa, who have europe on the tree in front of them ready for the taking... can't get their friggin finger out of their ulster backsides and do something about it. We should have had £20m worth of players ready to run out on 1st jan. putting villa on the map and making other teams realise we are here to fight and wont be taking for the spineless DOL/DD days. Stand up and be counted MON... your really getting on my nerves... ooooh 100th post. better have another guiness.

End of term report card for MON

E - For effort

E - For achievement!

What are these marks based on Nick? Just the transfer window?

Yep!

Two questions, then - first, what achievement grade would you give Moyes, Hughes, Benitez, Eriksson, and Curbishley?

And how do you know that O'Neill deserves an "E" for effort?

You kinda contradict yourself though Nick. You accept we arent a PLC anymore and will do business in silence if we wanna. Its a private company right? So how would you know he hasnt tried hard? Do you need to become a media circus to be trust worthy?

And the E - For effort is the fact he hasn't tried very hard IMO...

And what evidence do you have to support that opinion?

I have no evidence, what evidence do you have to support he has?

But like I said IMO, he hasn't tried very hard, RB's are out there, so are wingers, no attempt to try and keep Cahill and Ollie... etc, etc, etc!!

What's yours?

i would like

a right back

a right winger

a creative midfielder

a goalscorer

not gunna happen in a month of sundays though let alone the month of january

i'll go for 2 lower league signings (probably not in any of the positions mentioned above)

You kinda contradict yourself though Nick. You accept we arent a PLC anymore and will do business in silence if we wanna. Its a private company right? So how would you know he hasnt tried hard? Do you need to become a media circus to be trust worthy?

Who has talked about the media... I want signings, I don't want Cahill to leave, and I don't want Ollie to leave....

There have been good players available and still no-one, it's the last day of the transfer window tomorrow, and my grades will change if we sign someone QUALITY...

No contradiction there, I'm afraid!

Who has talked about the media

You did in the Murphy thread.

They have no need to talk to the press unless they have something to say, we are no longer a PLC, we are a private business...

O'Neill should do the talking, when relevant

So in one thread there is no need to adress the press. But in this one you criticise MON because he hasnt done enough work. Something you wouldnt know UNLESS he addressed the press.

Contradiciton.

So in one thread there is no need to adress the press. But in this one you criticise MON because he hasnt done enough work. Something you wouldnt know UNLESS he addressed the press.

Mon has addressed the press regarding this issue hasn't he?

I have seen a number of quotes from him when asked about incoming transfers and he has stated that the club are doing there best to bring players in.

Who has talked about the media

You did in the Murphy thread.

They have no need to talk to the press unless they have something to say, we are no longer a PLC, we are a private business...

Contradiciton.

Which is completely irrelevant to the comment I have made in this thread... read what I wrote in both, and perhaps you will see the lack of contradiction!

Not to mention

If you require further clarification, please ask!

And the E - For effort is the fact he hasn't tried very hard IMO...

And what evidence do you have to support that opinion?

I have no evidence, what evidence do you have to support he has?

There isn't any. That's kind of my point. The nearest you ever get are articles like the one Oliver Holt wrote about O'Neill during the pre-season tour, when he talked about how the manager wasn't taking days off - or time off for sight-seeing - and was instead dedicating himself to getting players in for the new season. But there hasn't been anything like that during Jan, so we have absolutely no insight into O'Neill's activities.

It might be sensible to assume that since O'Neill has spoken about the need to add to the squad - and since his job and reputation are on the line - then he might be putting in a fair amount of work.

But that's just an assumption. Of course, I'd argue that it's a more sensible assumption than your claim that O'Neill hasn't been working very hard.

But like I said IMO, he hasn't tried very hard, RB's are out there, so are wingers, no attempt to try and keep Cahill and Ollie... etc, etc, etc!!

How do you know that he made no attempt to keep Cahill and Mellberg?

Â