How Many This Month?

Jez

How many this month?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How many this month?

• None
    • 4 or more

I have said three but I echo the sentiments of a few other posters that it is about the quality of the people coming in, what they do to our squad and the bearing they have on Villa's future.

It is less about bare numbers than being part of 'the plan'.

I said 3, a right back, right sider winger and a striker. Most will probably be on the last day. Why are there so many signings left until the last minute?

In general it's down to the agents, say you had a week to sell your car and a lot of people interested, would you sell it on the first day? Or would you wait the week out for the best offer, hoping that the potential customers get tangled in a bidding war and netting you the most cash?

That's why the window is a load of crap and inflates prices as opposed to the old system when player can move year round.

Yeah i understand that side of things but i mean does the player not have a say? If i was a player in that situation i wouldn't like to find out that Boro won a bidding war with a much better club over me. I'd go to the club i wanted to go to not the club that my agent gets the most money from.

I'd expect 2 Right back & Right Mid I think we've got enough strikers for now, and dont really see any other areas that need all that much impriving (maybe Left back - not much of a fan of bouma to be honest). Quite suprised we haven't signed anyone yet though perhaps its just signals out MON's intentions to snap up a bargain close to the end of the transfer window. :D

I'd expect 2 Right back & Right Mid I think we've got enough strikers for now, and dont really see any other areas that need all that much impriving (maybe Left back - not much of a fan of bouma to be honest). Quite suprised we haven't signed anyone yet though perhaps its just signals out MON's intentions to snap up a bargain close to the end of the transfer window. :D

I'm surprised nothing's happened too but i have to keep telling myself that we're still only roughly half way through the month, There's still plenty of time left.

I voted for 2.

I think we'll see Giles Barnes come in as a new RM, seeing that Derby will most likely be relegated at the end of the season and thus will receive more for him now in January than what they will when they are playing in the Championship.

I also think that we will see a new striker before the end of the window, a striker similar to Carew, brought here as back-up instead of Harewood. No idea who it might be though! Maloney showed that he can play along side Carew at Stamford Bridge and will provide good enough cover in case Gabby gets injured, however Harewood doesn't.

I don't think we'll see a new right back this window, I think MO'N will see out the season with Mellberg & Gardner playing there, then get a new right back during the summer.

I think the above is realistic. I would say that Barnes' value wont dip regardless of when he is sold. A team's status doesn't impact on value like it used to. See Bent, Koumas, King as recent examples. Probably because the need to sell is less with the parachute payments.

He HAS to bring people in to sustain this good form and league position, otherwise we'll drop down the table like a stone.

And I pray to god he can see this too! I reckon we'll get 2 players in, near the end of the window.

What I would like from the window (to expand on the '2' I answered earlier) is ONE OF a rightback and a rightwinger, and then anything else. Once we get someone for the righthand side whether it be a winger or a rightback then I'll be happy as it will add to the balance of the team and add strength to lessen the injury threat.

If we get the striker that everyone else is looking for then I would want him to be high quality and nothing less. Harewood, Moore, Young & Maloney can 'do a job' as backup to Carew & Agbonlahor for the remainder of the season IF we can't get the right person, whereas I think we'd be stretching our luck a little too far to think we can survive on the righthand side with our current personnel. As it is, Petrov our current rightwinger may have to come inside on Monday for Barry so already there's POTENTIALLY some juggling that may need doing.

Predictably for some i have gone for none.

I think MON will try but everything will be too difficult and we wont sign jack. Last few days he has spoken about worries about injuries etc and players only going on loan for a month because of it. This to means that he wont try and sort that problem but will worry and get the reserve players back.

The fact that i think it now doesn't mean i wont be annoyed and disappointed if indeed we sign nobody. I think this month is a key time to build and help us into europe and obviously i would be absolutely ecstatic if we get a couple of first team players as that would mean europe for me; we are doing that well.

Lets hope i am wrong :?

Nothing unreasonable there Jez. As for the reserves he is not letting out for a long time, one is a leftback and one is a centremid. These are not areas we were rumoured to be strengthening in the first place (apart perhaps from Riise @ LB a while back) so it shouldn't make us think we wont be strengthening in the areas that most agree need it i.e. RB, RW & CF. I would say it is just him not wanting to be any weaker in areas where we, at present, don't need to strengthen as a matter of urgency. Would you say that's fair?

I agree that now is the chance to really make a giant leap forward.

Imagine the position we could be in the summer transfer window if we get the three very good players now for the RB, RW and the Striker positions. Then our next transfers would be to replace players that are in the starting 11 with even better players.

Â