How Many This Month?

Jez

How many this month?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How many this month?

• None
    • 4 or more

MON is waiting till Summer to get the Right Back he wants and I agree with him. Mellberg is a better full back than Bouma.

We need a Winger and Striker. It's been a very hard window as Sven & Others have said already, Even Avram Grant said it's a crazy window and he can't sign anymore players.

Well, it looks like they are going... not the best of efforts by all accounts!!

The fact that Mellberg is leaving and it looks like Cahill is also joining him says nothing whatsoever about whether - or how hard - O'Neill tried to keep them.

I think you're conflating "effort" and "achievement". It's an easy trap to fall into.

MON is waiting till Summer to get the Right Back he wants and I agree with him. Mellberg is a better full back than Bouma.

Ollie isn't a better full back than Bouma... he really isn't, as to the other points, don't most on here say it takes at least 6 months for players to settle into a new team? Well surely this is the time, while Ollie the makeshift RB is still here!

Well, it looks like they are going... not the best of efforts by all accounts!!

The fact that Mellberg is leaving and it looks like Cahill is also joining him says nothing whatsoever about whether - or how hard - O'Neill tried to keep them.

I think you're conflating "effort" and "achievement". It's an easy trap to fall into.

Not really, well not IMO, of course, you have yours... they differ, it happens!

We need a Winger and Striker. It's been a very hard window as Sven & Others have said already, Even Avram Grant said it's a crazy window and he can't sign anymore players.

Agreed. I think it will be difficult in finding a better RB than Olly, especially in January. Spending 20-30m on Bosingwa doesn't feel like a chance we should be taking right now. But what do I know?

Yep, the january transfer window is difficult..

Quite a few clubs havn't done any business either..

The difference between us and them? We have the smallest damn squad in the premiership and with a few players missing with suspensions or injuries...it can bloody hurt us a lot more!

Agreed. I think it will be difficult in finding a better RB than Olly, especially in January. Spending 20-30m on Bosingwa doesn't feel like a chance we should be taking right now. But what do I know?

Thats ok then... Mon will wait until the summer and then tell us come the end of August the we`ll have to wait until janurary to get a right back as his first option is still not available

I have been looking around the net for a sniff of a good quality player or 2 coming our way, the only thing I havwe found is the post by adidas on the ic brum forum. He has been correct before and was right about Young and Malony. He said 2 or 3 which is not that hard given that there is only 1/2 days left but he did say that we will see a "Superstar" for 19.5 Million Euro.

Clutching at straws I know, but this bale of hay has been right before.

A real chance of europe gone? Thats really OT

Spurs spent £16M this week.

They spent that on one player in the summer and they're fourteen points behind us.

But they are in a Cup Final - a competition that we were knocked out by the mighty Leicester

Spurs are better than their position suggests

Fair play to them for getting to the Carling Cup final but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It was only a few years ago that Millwall got to the cup final.

As for being better than their position suggests, with only fifteeen games left they are exactly where they deserve to be. They've got an expensive squad but that alone doesn't make a good team. Otherwise Newcastle wouldn't be in the bottom half of the table.

I would REALLY love us to spend big money but if it's not on the right players then it's meaningless.

We are crying out for some real quality. I don't mean Spurs offcasts, but someone that would galvanise the position of the club, and also prove that we mean business. At the minute we are doing well, I would even say that we are punching above our weight a little.

However, what I do see, is the absence of this quality could severely impact our chances of a European spot, which considering the position that we are in would be shame, if our season just tailed off.

As for a Cup Final. I would swop our position with Spurs anyday. A one off game with the chance to win something again and a trip to Wembley. I'm sure that most others would too.

Your predictions are very bold Jez, You predicted 0 when there were non, 2 now there is 2 and I'm sure you'll have predicted 3 or 4 by the end of the day.

I know, really pushing the boat and daring my predictions usual predict after we sign someone :D

I do think only the 2 this window, which is obviously a joke but oh well.

Â