How Many This Month?

Jez

How many this month?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How many this month?

• None
    • 4 or more

I said 3, a right back, right sider winger and a striker. Most will probably be on the last day

That was my prediction when this thread first started and i'm sticking by that. I think the goalkeeper is going to **** up the accuracy though.

Quite happy so far.

Before January I said that right midfield was a priority and more of an issue than right back. Glad to see he has addressed that.

ANything else now is a bonus

Martin O'Neill ready for final countdown

Jan 31 2008 By Bill Howell, Birmingham Mail

VILLA boss Martin O'Neill was set for a fraught and potentially hectic final day of transfer activity with a number of ins and outs yet to be decided.

O'Neill has an interest in Tottenham's German midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng and contact is believed to have been made.

But Boateng was required for last night's Premier League match at Everton, where he played the final half-hour as a substitute.

O'Neill will today wrap up the £2million capture of American goalkeeper Brad Guzan, subject to the 23-year-old obtaining a work permit.

And Wayne Routledge was set to be paraded before the press later today after completing his £1.5million switch from Spurs yesterday on an 18-month contract.

Routledge is in line to make his debut at Fulham on Sunday, for whom he played 27 games last season, scoring one goal against Leicester, and the final 30 minutes against Villa in a 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage last March.

"This is a dream move for me and a chance to get my career back on track," he said.

"When I knew Martin O'Neill was interested, of course I was keen to come.

"Villa is a massive club with massive potential and I want to play my part in helping them achieve European football. Having spent yesterday at the training ground I was taken aback by the facilities, which were magnificent, and I just can't wait to get up and running again.

"I get the feeling this club are going places."

Gary Cahill's late change of heart and switch to Bolton and not Blues has been easier for fans to accept, although his departure will still be hard to take for many.

But his £5million fee will allow O'Neill to strengthen his squad with a number of irons still in the fire in the build-up to midnight.

Thomas Sorensen and Luke Moore's futures are certainly away from Villa and both are keen to be granted last-minute deals.

The possible arrival of Boateng, with reports suggesting a fee of around £4million has already been struck with Tottenham, would hand O'Neill genuine competition for places in midfield.

The former Hertha Berlin player has started six league games for Spurs this season, with another four off the bench.

O'Neill has kept a close eye on Leicester full-back Richard Stearman and Crystal Palace wonderkids Sean Scannell, an Irish youth international, and Victor Moses, an English international, who would both act as replacements for Moore.

Clicky

(Oh, I see what you mean) :lol:

1 of them is done so 4 -1 = 3 :oops:

Old people.....Whaddya do with them?

But the thread is called "How many this month?" :nod:

People who live in Amsterdam... whaddya do with them?

Taking my weed from me would of course be a step in the right direction but I fear the damage is done, body sge= 36 brain age = Old fart's.......:?

Anyway, stay positive folks. It's all good fun :D

Remember the dark cold transfer days under Ellis and today will become a sun bathed hotel pool near Benedorm with a beer close by with fit birds doing cartwheels off the diving board! :P

Â