How Many This Month?

Jez

How many this month?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How many this month?

• None
    • 4 or more

At the start of the month thought we would have 2 new signings, now think will be lucky to get one decent player in, perhaps we have not the money to spend we think we have.

But I am sure Martin knows what he is doing, just put your faith in the Irishman!

just over 48hrs left, i'll go with my original prediction of a big fat 0.

Anything now will be a bonus.

A real chance of getting into europe gone, a lottery now with injuries when it didn't have to be!

A real chance of getting into europe gone, a lottery now with injuries when it didn't have to be!

Yep, that's how I feel. A chance to consolidate and even kick on has gone begging.

Think the worst and then you'll be happily proven wrong but also avoid disappointment.

In this case you'll be happily surprised. I'm sure of it.

A real chance of europe gone? Thats really OT

Spurs spent £16M this week.

They spent that on one player in the summer and they're fourteen points behind us.

But they are in a Cup Final - a competition that we were knocked out by the mighty Leicester

Spurs are better than their position suggests

They're 14 points behind us and have Everton and Man Utd in their next two games.

What's your point?

read above

Spurs are our peers at the minute. They are actively filling their squad. Again we seem to be dithering looking for the right player

They spent that on one player in the summer and they're fourteen points behind us.

But they are in a Cup Final - a competition that we were knocked out by the mighty Leicester

So because they are in a League Cup final, they are in a better position than us?

I'd rather be 5th in the league and doing well, than be in the cup final, out of shape and 14 points below us.

So because they are in a League Cup final, they are in a better position than us?

I'd rather be 5th in the league and doing well, than be in the cup final, out of shape and 14 points below us.

Whatever

:crylaugh:

Fair play to them for getting to the Carling Cup final but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It was only a few years ago that Millwall got to the cup final.

As for being better than their position suggests, with only fifteeen games left they are exactly where they deserve to be. They've got an expensive squad but that alone doesn't make a good team. Otherwise Newcastle wouldn't be in the bottom half of the table.

I would REALLY love us to spend big money but if it's not on the right players then it's meaningless.

Â