How Many This Month?

Jez

How many this month?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How many this month?

• None
    • 4 or more

I've had the all clear to set this up, if a mod wouldn't mind adding a poll please?

How many players if at all do people think we might get this month?

A few, a right back or none at all etc? What would disappoint you, please you?

Have your expectations changed, happy with a few squad players or quality needed?

A right side needed or not etc?

I'm a bit wary of answering in all honesty as I dont want my answer thrown in my face on February 1st. In addition I dont think it's fair to say 2 or 3 players or I wont be happy as it entirely depends upon the circumstances, who is available, who we have pursued, how uch we have to spend, where the manager needs to strengthen etc etc etc . So I'll just say I'll be happy if the manager's judgement has been backed once more.

I cant see more than 2 myself which i will not be happy with though i would not be suprised if there are not any.

Did anyone read that article where the reporter said that MON kept his cards so close to his chest that NO reporter had a clue who he was even interested in!

I'm a bit wary of answering in all honesty as I dont want my answer thrown in my face on February 1st. In addition I dont think it's fair to say 2 or 3 players or I wont be happy as it entirely depends upon the circumstances, who is available, who we have pursued, how uch we have to spend, where the manager needs to strengthen etc etc etc . So I'll just say I'll be happy if the manager's judgement has been backed once more.

Do you know Richard i thought exactly the same.

Though i've decided i dont care if it is thrown back in my face. I want 3 players RB, RM, ST.

I would like them all to be pretty much first teamers who will improve us. Players like Bosingwa, Milner, Bent.

I accept it may not pan out like that and if it did our squad would be expected to finish 4th-6th this year and probably next too. And the backing from the board would have been absolutely amazing!

To echo what has been posted above, I can't say that a simple number would placate me. I have answered '2' for the purpose of the poll, but if that ends up being 2 goalkeepers for example, my number has been met but my expectations haven't. Also, if the activity in this transfer window has resulted in solidifying our position in Europe come season's end then I reserve the right to say I was wrong and MON was right if my number didn't meet his in January :)

I expect one first teamer, a quality right back.

I would like a second first teamer at right mid but would settle for a young upcoming right mid who we could bring on.

I would like a quality centre forward but do not expect one.

I would be unhappy if we didn't get a quality right back in with no explanations as to why we are finding this so difficult.

To bring in no one would be a failure of the manager in the transfer window, in my opinion. This to me would signal the need for the manager to hand the actual getting of players over to a third party after he identifies his targets.

Having said that I admit to being completely unqualified to make the above statements, this is just my layman view.

I said 3, a right back, right sider winger and a striker. Most will probably be on the last day. Why are there so many signings left until the last minute?

In general it's down to the agents, say you had a week to sell your car and a lot of people interested, would you sell it on the first day? Or would you wait the week out for the best offer, hoping that the potential customers get tangled in a bidding war and netting you the most cash?

That's why the window is a load of crap and inflates prices as opposed to the old system when player can move year round.

Â