How Many This Month?

Jez

How many this month?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How many this month?

• None
    • 4 or more

If we're being pedantic (well, it's not pedantry really, it's a fact) there are 8 days left (including today) in the window, not 7

Well if you really want to be pedantic there are 7.5 as we are into the afternoon. :D

You see, what chance have we got of agreeing on how many players we'll sign when we can't even agree on the number of days left :D You can join my pedant's club, Trent :lol:

7.5 and 2 it is then (that's days and signings) :winkold:

I might be stating the obvious here, but I'm fairly certain MO'N wouldn't have ruled the England job out so hastily if he wasn't aware there was some serious fundage available. I have absolute faith in the manager, whether this month is anticlimatic transfer-wise or not.

I think there'll be serious activity in the summer, but January will only see a maxiumum of 2 'squad' players inbound; players of Barnes' calibre, who probably won't 'start' ahead of Petrov/Gardner on the right, but will break the starting 11 steadily and prove their worth in seasons to come.

Can anyone remember who broke the news of our interest in Carew/Young etc? Am I right in thinking the Carew one came from our friend The Trees who told us he was on a flight into Bham?

I'm just wondering which parts of the media we should be focusing on or whether we are just as likely to hear about something on here first before it gets confirmed/credibility in the media.

Can anyone remember who broke the news of our interest in Carew/Young etc? Am I right in thinking the Carew one came from our friend The Trees who told us he was on a flight into Bham?

I'm just wondering which parts of the media we should be focusing on or whether we are just as likely to hear about something on here first before it gets confirmed/credibility in the media.

Kidderminster Times & Shuttle and The Halesowen Presbyterian Post

I'm thinking it could be -5.

Moore

Sorensen

Mellberg

Cahill

Berger

If these leave in this window then O'Neil would have to sign around 8 players in 8 days to have significantly upped the numbers. I don't see it happening.

Whatever happens I now have a feeling it will be a net negative number of signings. -2 something like that. If we start the second half of the season with less players than the first half questions really need to be raised about competence.

If Mellberg signs a pre-contract with Juve and either goes early or more likely is dropped we are well and truly in the shit without a replacement right back. Gardner is not good enough as right back to cover.

Still not long left to wait ..

If we're being pedantic (well, it's not pedantry really, it's a fact) there are 8 days left (including today) in the window, not 7

Well if you really want to be pedantic there are 7.5 as we are into the afternoon. :D

You see, what chance have we got of agreeing on how many players we'll sign when we can't even agree on the number of days left :D You can join my pedant's club, Trent :lol:

7.5 and 2 it is then (that's days and signings) :winkold:

No you can join mine... :D:D:D:D:D

Jez, do you like setting yourself up

John Carew Lyon Swap 22-01-2007

Ashley Young Watford £ 9650000 23-01-2007

Shaun Maloney Celtic £ 1000000 31-01-2007

3 signings in just 9 days kinda proves he can

9 days? Since when was that a week? Kinds proves does it? :lol:

Thats a new new one Ian, MON is so good he has changed how many days are in a week! :bonk:

Maybe he meant working days.

If we get anybody now it'll be panic signings or punts on unknowns like Salifou.

pourquoi Mart?

if we bring in 1 or 2 class players in the next 7 days, why must they be seen as panic signings? :?

i don't think we will BTW, but if we do, then .....

If we get anybody now it'll be panic signings or punts on unknowns like Salifou.

pourquoi Mart?

if we bring in 1 or 2 class players in the next 7 days, why must they be seen as panic signings? :?

i don't think we will BTW, but if we do, then .....

There hasn't been the remotest sniff of a class player though.

Sven managed to find players that turned City from absolute shit into a force challenging for europe, in less time than MON as well!

Perhaps down to not being stumped by having only a few players to go after.

so Mart would you agree if Koogan, sven, fergi, Arsene, Grant all brought players from now on all of those would be panic signings

No, but then they don't need players as badly as we do.

Â