Brentford FC

swollef

Such Sad news

Club statement

Club Statement - Robert Rowan RIP

Brentford FC Technical Director dies aged 28

Brentford Football Club has to report the sad news that Robert Rowan died at the age of 28 on Monday, 12 November. Robert had been the Club’s Technical Director since the start of February, having joined Brentford four years ago.

Robert had been with Brentford since late 2014 and was appointed as the Club’s Head of Football Operations in the summer of 2015. As well as managing the day to day football operations at Brentford’s Jersey Road Training Ground, Robert oversaw the strategic direction of Brentford B – the Club’s elite squad of players aged 17 to 21, before taking on the role of Technical Director.

All at the Club have been left devastated by the news. All our thoughts are with Robert’s wife, his family and all his friends – many of whom work at Brentford FC.

12 hours ago, swollef said:

Cannot  confirm ,but have heard it was suicide 

Feel sorry for family I  really do.

It's on the rise as well male suicide is isn't it and has been for some time..

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Feel sorry for family I really do, better I don't say much on this as I think suicide is a very selfish act and leaves family heartbroken and in pain.

Kudos on not saying much.....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, swollef said:

Cannot  confirm ,but have heard it was suicide 

It often is when the press don't mention it.  If he was hit by a bus or had a heart attack they would say. Very tragic, just goes to show you never know what people are going through even when life seems do be going well. 

May he rest in peace now. 

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Suicide as a whole has been on a rise for both genders as has homelessness and it's becoming really **** hard for more and more people for a whole dimension of reasons in life.

It is very sad news from Brentfor to learn of this and my thoughts go to his family.

Horrible news. Had the pleasure of his company on a couple of occasions and he was a genuinely lovely bloke.

Very highly thought of not just at Brentford. To be that successful at such a young age is testament to that. 

Whatever the cause, it’s desperately sad. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Feel sorry for family I really do, better I don't say much on this as I think suicide is a very selfish act and leaves family heartbroken and in pain.

It is. So imagine the pain a person must be going through to even attempt it. 

Its very sad news. :(

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why he is just saying what he has heard. Relax

Its still not nice to repeat such rumours especially in a time when any idiot can make allegations on twitter or social media

• Like 2

Â