Derby pre match

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We should be winning these games if we want promotion.

Well, we should be drawing these games if we want Promotion. But because we failed to Win several games we SHOULD be winning to get Promotion we do indeed now need to Win some of these.

But a Draw is ok. A Draw away at a promotion rival is ok.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well, we should be drawing these games if we want Promotion. But because we failed to Win several games we SHOULD be winning to get Promotion we do indeed now need to Win some of these.

But a Draw is ok. A Draw away at a promotion rival is ok.

Draw away at Derby is a good result. It's not going to immediatly help us storm up the league, but unfortunately we've ha da nightmare start thanks to safe pair of hands' second preseason weirdness and wasting of a fairly easy fixture list on paper. Now we're into the nasty run, no reason why we can't win though. If we play like we did against QPR we'll be alright, more progression after a full week on the training ground might mean we can be better than that. In which case it'll take a good Derby performance to deny us.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He can't defend. He can't attack. He can't pass. 

Let’s count how many times he gives the ball away today or if he is to blame for any Derby chances. I really think you’re just focusing on any mistake he makes and forgetting the rest of his performance. 

Similar to what people do with Whelan which annoys you a lot. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I prefer Taylor at left back. I think Taylor is a shit left back, I also think Hutton is a shit left back, I also think Hutton is a shit right back :lol:

But, having a left footed player playing left back gives the team more balance, especially going forward.

Agree. We’ve looked much more balanced and solid at the back in the last four games.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He can't defend. He can't attack. He can't pass. 

I havent paid much attention to him but I just looked, he is 29!

I always had this vision he was a kid we had signed for long term development.

Yeah the bloke needs to raise his game immediately and permanently.

I don't understand why we always have to have a scapegoat, Taylor is currently this...

Let's be honest neither Taylor or Hutton are the best full backs playing the style of football we are currently trying to play. But for the time being Taylor is the best option as the only left back we have.

I think we will win today, I can see Abraham having a good game up against Keogh. We will need a lot of energy in the middle of the park from Hourihane and McGinn.

• Like 1

I work with a lot of Derby fans up here in Burton. My gosh they are so full of themselves and i overheard one saying to another "So could be 10 for us against Villa this week"

They really are the mouthy kind when they win and hide when they lose type. I know most clubs fans have that to a point but these lot are known for it amongst all of the fans where i work.

Would so love it if we could somehow win but i fear Lampards team talk will be too easy.... "Keep the ball and wait for their inevitable mistakes" is all he needs to say really lets be honest as we make at least one every 30 seconds ?

On 09/11/2018 at 09:51, Don_Simon said:

Question in the press conference...

"Can you reiterate how delighted you are to have Neal Cutler as GK coach?".

That's not a question, it's a statement. 

No, it's a question. The answer could be either 'yes' or 'no'. 

• Like 1

Have to pick my mate up from the train station at 3.45, so I'm going to miss most of the match. 

He's a Chelsea fan, so I'll have to persuade him that his loyalty should be with John Terry, not Frank Lampard.