Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Am I happy with Smith? No.

Do I think he has made mistakes? Yes.

Do I think the club has made mistakes? Yes.

Is this all the fault of Smith? No.

We need to stay close to 17th for the January window and then take a look at what we need. Smith also needs to mix things up a bit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You're reading that as Smith being a shit manager who held Brentford back.

I read it as: Smith is a coach who leaves behind a decent legacy, doesn't make it all about him, doesn't sabotage the club on the way out.

They were widely touted as finishing in the top 4 - 6 if he had stayed as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I back them to make it into the play offs.

Seem to be doing a lot better now as they have improved the defense after Smith left.

How many had they conceded up till Smith left last season?

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The guy he subbed on won us the game. Get a grip ladies. 

Yup. But plenty of people wanted us set up like that and thought it was absurd to be starting with 2 defensive mids who failed to work well together in the previous game.

I hope he learned from it. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. But plenty of people wanted us set up like that and thought it was absurd to be starting with 2 defensive mids who failed to work well together in the previous game.

I hope he learned from it. 

Plenty of people voted for Brexit mate, doesn't make them right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Sure did the trick changing it today though, didn't it?

So why are you trying to use that as a stick to beat Smith with? Games change and circumstances change - Hourihane could easily have cost us earlier in the game through defensive neglect. 

Just now, lexicon said:

So why are you trying to use that as a stick to beat Smith with? Games change and circumstances change - Hourihane could easily have cost us earlier in the game through defensive neglect. 

Because he made exactly the same mistake in the last game, but got let off the hook because it was a sub due to injury early on. Then he did the same thing again.

And it was probably our second worst performance of the season until he changed it. I think he should have learned the lesson last time out. Hopefully he actually did this time. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Because he made exactly the same mistake in the last game, but got let off the hook because it was a sub due to injury early on. Then he did the same thing again.

And it was probably our second worst performance of the season until he changed it. I think he should have learned the lesson last time out. Hopefully he actually did this time. 

Every game is different - it worked this time, might not in another. 

And no, it wasn't close to our 2nd worst performance - we didn't play well but we weren't THAT bad either. 

• Like 1

What kinda total football do people expect? We played the team that won the championship, we got up through playoffs. They have an incredibly settled side.

We are very short on confidence.

Key players like Mings and McGinn injured. 

We still got to settle and clearly struggle with certain new players not meeting the required standard. 

But we won. Cheer the **** up. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lexicon said:

we didn't play well but we weren't THAT bad either. 

When do you think we were worse other than against Southampton?

We offered absolutely nothing going forward, and we were a Heaton away from being bent over.

So the relegation battle heats up, 13th place could be well dunked into the zone in no time at all, that a good amount of teams were fighting survival for, interesting for sure.

This season is crazy.

Edited by Dave-R

Â