Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You cant play a JT defense with how Smith sets up. The defenders will always struggle unless top quality in a 433. You putting to much pressure on them.

Exactly. Blaming JT is just another way for some people to defend Smith even though they ignore Smith's shit defensive records at Walsall and Brentford.

Smith is his interview for Norwich game, claims we were always going to struggle because we came up to early. Which to his defense I totally agree. The problem is, we started off good, giving Tottenham a game, although even then there were early signs of his inablilities. These have now shown their true colours, an I really cannot see us getting any better from here on. Transfers might help, but will only paper over his limitations as a Premier league manager. 

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Smith is his interview for Norwich game, claims we were always going to struggle because we came up to early. Which to his defense I totally agree. The problem is, we started off good, giving Tottenham a game, although even then there were early signs of his inablilities. These have now shown their true colours, an I really cannot see us getting any better from here on. Transfers might help, but will only paper over his limitations as a Premier league manager. 

Good managers/coaches find solutions.

We are a defensive mess and Smith got no clue how to solve it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Christ! No wonder we are so negative if the manager has an attitude like that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good managers/coaches find solutions.

We are a defensive mess and Smith got no clue how to solve it.

It’s alright he’s got the “we came up too early“ excuse that everyone will lap up. 

6 minutes ago, jim said:

It’s alright he’s got the “we came up too early“ excuse that everyone will lap up. 

It's a defeatist attitude. The man is turning more and more into Lambert

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Did he say that though? I haven’t listened to the PC but this is the quote attributed to Smith below, which isn’t that we were always in a ‘relegation’ battle.

‘We’re always in a battle. Sometimes you have to take stock. We’re third bottom in the Premier League and in the semi-final of a major cup competition. 

Sat here this time last year, we were a mid-table Championship team. We’ve come a long way in a short space of time, we had a big turnaround in the summer and we still need additions in January as well. 

We’re still working hard and battling on all fronts and that will continue. Our competitive edge has to be there whether we’re in the bottom three or the top three.’

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Have you heard it??

Would have been worried if he actually said we came up too early and used that as an excuse.

Turns out he didn't say that :D 

56 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He's an assistant coach. He isn't directly responsible for the defense. An assistant coach is just the head coach's second hand following their orders.

JT can do whatever drills with the defense but at the end of the day it's Smith who set's the instructions, team shape and tactics.

Oh right. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Oh right. 

Love the shit that comes out of some people's brains at times....it's as if they know exactly what goes on inside the manager's office or is it just experience of playing football manager games?? 🤔🤔

• Like 1

Not very positive that interview though chaps. 

If people wanna think he is going to turn it around that's fine it's all about opinions on here. But personally  i'm not feeling the vibe, either from his interviews, or on the pitch performances. Today will be very interesting, but a win against Norwich I doubt is gonna be the turning point of the season.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t like to be in trouble and look around me and find that my supporters were some of the posters in here. Nobody is immune from criticism, but some of the stuff on here is borderline hatred and abuse. Some have been finding ways to rubbish the 5-1 away victory at Carrow Road. I’m not sure this is a healthy place to spend leisure time anymore. 

We are in the relegation zone with McGin,Mings and Wesley.Now we have to get out of it without McGinand Mings BUT still with Wesley.

Do you think things are looking up ?!

Edited by PussEKatt

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I wouldn’t like to be in trouble and look around me and find that my supporters were some of the posters in here. Nobody is immune from criticism, but some of the stuff on here is borderline hatred and abuse. Some have been finding ways to rubbish the 5-1 away victory at Carrow Road. I’m not sure this is a healthy place to spend leisure time anymore. 

I hope your not referring to be chap! There is no hatred or abuse coming from my camp. I like him alot, an will always respect the way he got us from the Championship. But it's a results business an i'm not seeing the current situation changing anytime soon................in the Premier League. Some of you are happy to go back into the Championship, i'm not, to me after the money we have spent to go down will be failure, an the manager will have to take the pain.

Edited by foreveryoung

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I hope your not referring to be chap! There is no hatred or abuse coming from my camp. I like him alot, an will always respect the way he got us from the Championship. But it's a results business an i'm not seeing the current changing anytime soon................in the Premier League. Some of you are happy to go back into the Championship, i'm not, to me after the money we have spent to go down will be failure, an the manager will have to take the pain.

No I’m not referring to you, definitely not. I’m not critical of those who have been critical, that’s just opinion. I don’t see Dean Smith as being nailed on to be the man to carry us forward, he deserves some criticism and I think he would agree with that himself. It’s just that some posters can see no good in him and haven’t from the start given him a reasonable chance. The criticism is becoming somewhat vitriolic and posters who offer Smith support are being called losers etc.

I like to think that AVFC is the only thing that matters to us all, but I’m starting to think that the destruction of Dean Smith and being “right” has become more important to a small number of posters. 

As long as their good buddy Smith stays a good portion of our fan base don't mind going back into the Championship.

Real loser, acceptance mentality. Watford's ruthlessness is starting to pay off for them.

Watford are now an organized side difficult to break down. They weren't a month ago. Given themselves a good chance of survival.

The way we defend we are only going one way, down.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

Â