Dean Smith

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

you can play any system you want......but if you can't win enough individual battles and keep the ball.....the system is toast.

Yes, very little steel in the squad. I don’t think the team as it stands, has it in them for a relegation fight.

Edited by HeyAnty

I want Dean to get it to work,

but Big sam is the only one to save us.....then new manager in the summer.

However,I suspect if Dean does go ....John Terry will take over.

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith has to get a minium of 4 points from the next two games or he should resign without taking a penny in compo if he truely loves Villa.

and if the board are as ambitious as they claim they will go all out for Poch. IF everton can get anchelotti then surely we can get a big name.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with Big Sam however this would prove to me the board are no richer than Tony Xia. So therefore its Rafa or Poch

Poch would not come to villa , he is destined for much bigger things .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

but Big sam is the only one to save us.....then new manager in the summer.

However,I suspect if Dean does go ....John Terry will take over.

JT is not the answer in this situation , I think that would be a mistake .

Maybe offer big Sam a big  cash  reward to keep us up and chase Rafa in the summer 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

JT is not the answer in this situation , I think that would be a mistake 

I agree, it needs someone to dig us out of a hole.

I am not saying he is the answer....I am just suspecting the politics and it wouldn't surprise me.

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

This thread is mental.

Poch.. Big Sam.. I am not sure if I should laugh or cry. 

In the situation we are in no one should cry about the prospect of Big Sam. Never been relegated. In his last managerial job he finished 8th.

Last time he managed in the Championship was with West Ham. Led them to promotion on his first attempt.

• Like 1

The only way Smith is going to get 4 points from the next 2 games is if he can get Mings fit in time.

We can possibly do without McGinn.  But Mings needs to be on the pitch and Taylor needs to return. Heads drop without mings.

Then in Jan he needs to buy two or three experienced Prem players. I've gone on record before to state we should take townsend and Benteke from Palace.

If he doesn't get anything from norwich and watford I expect him to be sacked.

a new manager will come in and...tweak the squad by adding two or three premier league experienced players.

46 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

And if the board are as ambitious as they claim they will go all out for Poch. IF everton can get anchelotti then surely we can get a big name.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with Big Sam however this would prove to me the board are no richer than Tony Xia. So therefore its Rafa or Poch

Poch? Why would Poch come to Villa when he has Real Madrid and Manchester United fighting for his signature?

There is literally 0% Poch would come here. More chance of getting deep throated by a nun.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

If Smith was to go I wouldn't be surprised to see us try and get Roberto Martínez, we seem to like those with a connection to Belgium football.

Oh great, lets replace a manager who can't defend with a one who's even worse at it.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

but Big sam is the only one to save us....

Smith has a proven record of over achieving, he's lost 2 games we have expected to win and you want him out ...........Pathetic attitude , think about the last 18 months.

Smith and his team need time , let's give them that time and support them , if we go down then we go down together, Smith may go,  but we're not gonna implode as a club . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me this Smith Out campaign is ridiculous, it’s too early to be panicking and pulling the trigger.

However, he needs to sort it out and quickly. Stubbornness is slowly suffocating him at the moment. He needs to be making changes quicker, adapting the formation and changing players when required.

Weeks ago our midfield started to look weak. The best option to fix it would be to move Jack back inside, let him pick it up deep and move he ball around, or get close to Wesley and run with the ball. Currently he is completely wasted on the left, not getting the ball enough and not being able to influence games.

Wesley hasn’t been doing it for 10 games now. I don’t think he was necessarily the problem today, but why hasn’t Kodjia been given 90 minutes as a different option?

The formation we are currently playing hasn’t worked in weeks, today we looked much better when we switched to 4-4-2, Wesley and Kodjia linked up well and the team looked much more balanced. The problem was we were already 3-0 behind.

Smith needs to sort things out quickly or else large portions of the fan base will turn. The game on Thursday gives him the perfect turnaround.

In my opinion we need Chester at centre back if fit, someone to organise the back 4 in Mings absence. Grealish back into the middle with El Ghazi and Trezeguet playing wide. Alternatively stick with the 4-4-2 we finished today’s game with.

• Like 1

I'd rather SMith got sacked then Jack Grealish leave Villa because we went down. and having to go to all those horrible northern grounds again like Rotherham. Don't want to be a yo yo club like albion. want to survive and consolidate and push for honours. sick of waiting.

Grealish is the best player I've seen down there. I've seen merson Yorke mcgrath carbone daley ashley young milner saunders atkinson and lee hendrie all the hyped up lads like Luke moore etc. Grealish will probably be a world superstar like Bale and roberto baggio soon.

I'd sack smith in a heart beat I want to watch Grealish captain Villa in the prem and win trophys. I don't care who the manager is.

Â