Dean Smith

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Smith has come in and realised this and set us up to play to our strengths. It leaves us leaky at the back but it works most of the time.

If you take the Forest game out of the equation we are conceding 0.7 goals per game and scoring 2 goals per game under Smith. That's not bad at all.

Smith has shown that by having an effective strategy and game plan the team can operate in a way that optimises the results of the players efforts.

Bruce and Smith both have defensive players that are capable at this level, it's the way that each has chosen to setup as a team that is the difference.

One heaps pressure on the opponent, the other invites pressure to be placed on us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He certainly looks a premiere quality manager in how he's conducted himself, pulled the pants down on teams and how he's come in and breathed life back into our team/players.

Dean smith made bruce look like a complete fool, come to think of it around 20 years of our managers now look like a joke, we have been neglected bad.

No.....We have found someone who knows what he is doing...

and to add credence, he is one of us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

If you take the Forest game out of the equation we are conceding 0.7 goals per game and scoring 2 goals per game under Smith. That's not bad at all.

Smith has shown that by having an effective strategy and game plan the team can operate in a way that optimises the results of the players efforts.

Bruce and Smith both have defensive players that are capable at this level, it's the way that each has chosen to setup as a team that is the difference.

One heaps pressure on the opponent, the other invites pressure to be placed on us.

I think its as simple as that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It really is so good, I've got a weird feeling when the losses come, they'll be bad.

That feeling comes from years as a Villa fan, not on what I'm watching.

I'd take getting caned a couple of times if it means runs of form like Smith has produced already to take away the pain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It really is so good, I've got a weird feeling when the losses come, they'll be bad.

That feeling comes from years as a Villa fan, not on what I'm watching.

I think if we continue to turnover the ball quickly, press high and deny space and gaps between our lines....we'll be ok.

Individual errors are always hard to avoid, but we are set up well now.

We just need confidence in what we do ,without being too cocky.

cockiness can lead to complacency.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I'd take getting caned a couple of times if it means runs of form like Smith has produced already to take away the pain.

Na, just beat every team we face.....and when we don't, just stay composed, the players feel it when we are nervous.

The key is don't expect to, just aspire to......expectation can be an unnecessary burden, to us and the players.

On 04/12/2018 at 17:05, Cjay said:

Boro are the 6th worst attacking side in the league though.

Stopping them scoring isnt much of an achievement, they didnt score against Norwich, Swansea, Rotherham, Stoke, Forest, us or you. 

Scoring against them was very impressive though never mind 3. 

WBA are the total opposite, its stopping them scoring thats difficult.

Good post.

Out of interest, what do you think the score will be on Friday night? 

And what would you consider a good result for Leeds? 

I'm guessing you think WBA are more of a threat than we are (which is fair given the league positions and your recent result against them).

Looks like we have one of the youngsters making the bench against Middlesbrough (Dominic Revan)- 18 year old defender.

Smith's had some of the u23s from MacDonald, theyre training with our main team, that's a very good move considering we've been hit with some injurys.

The list of youths training with our first team:Callum (O’Hare), Jake (Doyle-Hayes), Dominic and Jacob Bedeau..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Individual errors are always hard to avoid, but we are set up well now.

We just need confidence in what we do ,without being too cocky.

cockiness can lead to complacency.

Ahhhh, but I LOVE this cockiness!

2 down in 6 minutes.. but did we change tact? NO! Carried right on! 

There’s a swagger to our play like we’re the billy big bollocks of this league now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

For me Smith has made Villa fun and enjoyable to watch again. Sherwood was similar but I think Smith has a much higher ceiling 

Sherwood fluked it, Smith planned it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

MarvelousNewJabiru.gif

I am mesmerized by it lol, That is just world class!!

How on earth were were 2 up when he did that.

Edited by Dave-R

Â