Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It's great if those three can build a tight good working relationship, the passion for what they are doing needs to be massive for it to permeate the squad too. 

Yea when i first heard about the appointment i was very much skeptical.

Considering how Terry was as a player and leader i thought he would be too much of an ego and personality to take well as an assistant, but he seem to be enjoying and learning from the role.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

From what I’ve seen so far from Smiths setup he hasn’t got a problem with going to away grounds of better teams and taking the game to then without being too open.

We almost seem more suited to this type of games than home games in that we won’t be gung ho yet we’re coming there to win. 

Derby and Boro couldn’t handle it and we were in complete control of the Norwich game until the 2 injuries and keeper error.  

QPR nicked a goal from an error and sat back for the rest of the game. On another day we would have won that with the chances created. 

I honestly think we have deserved to win every game we have played since Smith took over apart from Norwich where we did enough for a point. 

Its been a long time since I could say that about Villa.  A lot of last season when we won games it didn’t feel convincing. 

I think we will win on Friday. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

There are currently only 2 teams in this division that worry me with our current style, and baggies are one of them.  Could go either way this one, and it will come down to which team are moreclinical on the night, as there will be chances a-plenty.

suspect a high scoring game is on the cards again.

The other team is Leeds, which I think will be even harder because they’re very good at both ends of the field.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I like the variation of goalscorer as well, it means we arent reliant on one player to get goals

though saying that Tammy has 8 goals since he came in

I remember Arsene Wenger answering a claim that his strikers had just got their shooting boots back on, after coming off a barren run and scoring 6.

He Replied " Teams score goals" and he is/was right.

and don't we Know it.

Everyone now looks capable of scoring, such is the manner in which Dean has us playing.

pinch me.....I never thought I would see it again in my lifetime.

Its fabulous.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thug said:

There are currently only 2 teams in this division that worry me with our current style, and baggies are one of them.  Could go either way this one, and it will come down to which team are moreclinical on the night, as there will be chances a-plenty.

suspect a high scoring game is on the cards again.

The other team is Leeds, which I think will be even harder because they’re very good at both ends of the field.

Plus baggies have sam johnstone our keeper from last season, he is certainly missed at villa and I can see him being a pain to put goals past, Tammy will need to be sharp on the night, in fact all our players will.

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I like the variation of goalscorer as well, it means we arent reliant on one player to get goals

though saying that Tammy has 8 goals since he came in

We have explosions all over the pitch, Kabooom!!!!

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I do like anagrams. 

Dean Smith = damn, he's it 

Dean Smith = hands it 'em 

I dont they make my brain work more than 2%

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I remember Arsene Wenger answering a claim that his strikers had just got their shooting boots back on, after coming off a barren run and scoring 6.

He Replied " Teams score goals" and he is/was right.

and don't we Know it.

Everyone now looks capable of scoring, such is the manner in which Dean has us playing.

pinch me.....I never thought I would see it again in my lifetime.

Its fabulous.

So you want bruce back i take it or perhaps go for henry 🤣

30 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So you want bruce back i take it or perhaps go for henry 🤣

Nope, but my judgement is not based on hindsight.

When Aston Villa's future is at stake, I am happy to be wrong.

I take my hat off to all the fans that banged the drum for him....including one of my longstanding mates in the Aston Social Club....take a bow guys.

but let me say this.....I do hope if we have a few set backs along the way....We all stick with Dean, because he has shown us enough, he is worth sticking with....unfortunately football has a habit of dumping you on your **** at times (when you least expect it) despite having a good manager and coaches.

Apparently WBA fans are very worried about playing us.

I'm wondering if teams fearing us can only be a good thing - as in give us too much respect?

Or could it be bad in the sense that they find an extra gear?

That being said, how do WBA play under Moor? Pulis MK2 or Modern?

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm wondering if teams fearing us can only be a good thing - as in give us too much respect?

They have a few decent players

• Rodriguez
  • Barnes
  • Phillips

If we can tactically nullify their wing threat, like we did at Boro, I am not sure where their threat comes from.

If we impose our game, I think they are toast.

I think they started the season well and have just lost their edge, but don't want to be too cocky.

I think the Blues would beat them now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Loving the new avatar. Jah bless. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When we played them the WBA reaction was similar, they fully expected a battering.

Against us they sat deep and narrow and hit us on the break,  using long balls to get in behind the full backs/wing backs. 

They only had 28% possession and a 61% passing accuracy but they carved us open easily on the break.

They are extremely good on the break with Barnes, Rodriguez and Gayle all pacey and confident.

May be different against you because you have direct runners out wide and height and power in the box, we didnt.

But WBA are a massive team themselves so they may be happy battling you for crosses limiting space in the middle and looking for breaks in the wide areas behind hutton and Taylor.

Thats my opinion anyway lol.

Edited by Cjay
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Topscorers in the league and a defence as bad as ours . As far from Pulis as can get

• Like 1

Â