Dean Smith

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

20201130_220948.jpg.5ad8b99dc09b85445f5ac4ebe73b345c.jpg

Ignoring the fact Watkins was being fouled...This line is being drawn from the wrong place. Its closer to his elbow than his shoulder.

I agree they are trying to be consistent, but they got this one very wrong for me.

Just another reason why those Kappa sleeves are ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, Enda said:

Being madly in love with my missus doesn’t mean I can’t complain when she leaves the cooker on!!

What if you pull out a tasty enough cake/steak when you turn the cooker off? 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What's the sex in this metaphor though? Dean Smith staying as manager? 

Sorry I’m back to the fake link with that footballer called Jizz from before the game.  Got sex on the brain now.

Have no idea how the sex metaphor comes into it.  Just know if I complained about the cooker being on I’d get no dinner and no sex.  My brain is too mushed now to think of a witty link to Smith and the game.

2 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

This thread is moving fast and missed a couple of pages but it seems to have escalated!

Yeah the footballer fake linked earlier named Jizz is back in the discussion...😂

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

this is the thing, it’s not and never was. when the rule was first announced, they (not sure who exactly) said ‘t-shirt line’ refers to a 90 degree angle from the armpit. It should be drawn from the blue line below, not the yellow.

36063291-605-C-4-F03-A3-DA-E204710-AE267

So we should just start wearing long sleeved kits then?

Sorted!

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The last game we made subs!!!

If you think last year was about not making subs then you're more clueless than I first thought. 

We made subs after we conceded 3 in the 2nd half. That game was begging for nakamba after we scored the 2nd.

Just now, DCJonah said:

No game has ever begged for Nakamba. 

I'm sorry the fact that made he 64 out of 65 passes the previous game wasn't good enough to at least justify a sub appearance.

You complain I'm negative whilst lambasting all our players not in this starting 11.

23 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

But that has nothing to do with this game that we are talking about does it. 

Well yes. You can't have a pop at the manager because we won a game on a tight VAR call without acknowledging that without right VAR calls we'd be in the top 4

You can't have it both ways simply because it suits your narrative

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm sorry the fact that made he 64 out of 65 passes the previous game wasn't good enough to at least justify a sub appearance.

You complain I'm negative whilst lambasting all our players not in this starting 11.

Well a slight difference not believing Nakamaba is good enough and truly believing Dean Smith is holding us back. 

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Ignoring the fact Watkins was being fouled...This line is being drawn from the wrong place. Its closer to his elbow than his shoulder.

I agree they are trying to be consistent, but they got this one very wrong for me.

From today’s game you can see the line is drawn with a much finer line but for some reason when they process comparing the two lines they used thicker liners which make it look worse. 

on topic. Thought smith got his subs wrong today. Previously I’ve supported late subs or not makes changes but today need s Barkley or Watkins off from 70th min. Ppl calling for McGinn off including myself during game but to be fair to him he saw the game out comfortably 

DID YOU THINK ABOUT MAKING A SUBSTITUTION?

"Our two defensive midfielders, Douglas Luiz and John McGinn, were outstanding. I didn't really want to unsettle the balance of what we were doing there. They were breaking up attacks and did well. Jack and Ollie, everyone could see what they were giving us. I thought Bert Traore - going forward but also defensively to help Matty Cash - was excellent. That was Ross' first 90 minutes as well today. It was a tough one to change anybody. They had a lot more of the ball than us but never looked like they were going to hurt us but for a couple of blocks and saves."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-southampton-transfers-19737009

I wouldn't say outstanding but I definitely agree with not wanting to upset the balance. Turns out it was the right decision. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

absolutely. just found it on the FA website, the law is: “The boundary between the shoulder and the arm is now defined by "the bottom of the armpit"

So despite the obvious foul, it should have been draw 2-3 inches further back.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well a slight difference not believing Nakamaba is good enough and truly believing Dean Smith is holding us back. 

That is not at all what I'm saying. And with you twisting my words so much I can see where villalad21 is coming from. Jesus Christ that is insufferable. 

Â