Dean Smith

Demitri_C

57 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Those same characteristics have been present in all our games, irrespective of result, apart from maybe the second half against Leeds, but it seems it just doesn't fit your own narrative.

but you said ALL

or the first half against Southampton.

No, It means I don't necesarily agree with you.

did you not see any redeeming features in the Wolves game ,then?.......can you say, what you saw in the Wolves game, as opposed to saying that what I saw was wrong?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Silva hitting the bar has nothing to do with resilience and grit. It's all about luck.

But against good teams like Wolves you need that bit of luck.

I thought we defended set pieces and crosses far better this game and that's a big plus. Wolves chances were for the most part down to good play and not us defending like schoolboys like we did vs West Ham.

I would like to wager that the West Ham fans, never even mentioned us hitting the bar in the penalty we had or Ollie being mugged in the offside decision.....luck is required in every game, why make a beef about it.

If Silva was on form , he would have scored like El Ghazi did..............not our problem.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

but you said ALL

or the first half against Southampton.

No, It means I don't necesarily agree with you.

did you not see any redeeming features in the Wolves game ,then?.......can you say, what you saw in the Wolves game, as opposed to saying that what I saw was wrong?

No you're not wrong in your analysis of the wolves game. We disagree on your views of them other games, where we lost due to some quite unreal goals, when we conceded almost no chances at all. Guess we just have to agree to disagree then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If Silva was on form , he would have scored like El Ghazi did..............not our problem.

Oh come on, AEG scored from a lucky penalty in the dying moments. There is a slight difference, wouldn't you agree? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Silva hitting the bar has nothing to do with resilience and grit. It's all about luck.

But against good teams like Wolves you need that bit of luck.

I thought we defended set pieces and crosses far better this game and that's a big plus. Wolves chances were for the most part down to good play and not us defending like schoolboys like we did vs West Ham.

Against any team you sometimes need that bit of luck. At West Ham if Watkins penalty was a bit lower, the goal wasn’t wrongly disallowed and Trez didn’t finish his chances like he’s never played football before we would have won comfortably. 

Also when Silva hit the post Konsa was very slow to get across and put a block in.  But I guess he isn’t Mings and they didn’t score so it’s not really worth mentioning.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Don't get me wrong i can appreciate an ugly win. 

But when winning ugly i'd prefer us to limit our opponents to half chances.

Some of those Wolves chances were clear cut and Emi really bailed us out of jail. But he is not going to do every week, that isn't sustainable.

Wolves are the masters of defending. I see it as an art. And one day i'd love for us to be as strong as them defensively.

They are a good side....and it was a massive scalp.

but, We have conceded 13 goals in 10 games......Wolves have conceded 16 goals in 12 games.

It is an art....and a crucial part of becoming a great side.....and I am not trying to over play it, scoring is vitally important too and more fun.....i just happen to think not enough is said about it.

We have secured 5 clean sheets this season....even you and me has to be very happy with that.

quite frankly, I think its amazing.

Edited by TRO

Sorry but we've played two away games on the bounce and we lost the one we should have won and won the one we could easily have lost. I'll take the win but you can not underestimate the luck factor in football. Its huge!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sorry but we've played two away games on the bounce and we lost the one we should have won and won the one we could easily have lost. I'll take the win but you can not underestimate the luck factor in football. Its huge!

Luck is required in football....but the old saying is " you make your own luck".....There is an element of truth in that.

Edited by TRO

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

Are we developing an away edge....Like in the O'Neill days?

not comparing O'Neill with Dean, before anyone miscontrues that.

We're developing a genuine way of playing football, and that usually yields results. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It's nice to finally be getting results away from home I must say. 

We seem to have found a formula to win away from home. But we must match that to our home form. Burnley is a big test to see where we are. And if our home form is reason to be concerned or not. 

5 hours ago, TRO said:

10 away wins is very possible this season with what we've got going on counter attack now. On 4 wins already and still got to visit a fair bit of bottom half.

10 away wins and 7 home wins would certainly get us top half no problem as that would be 51 points and we'll eventually draw a game or two.

50 points is realistic target from what we've shown so far. 60 + points would be dreamland season.

8 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

It's nice to finally be getting results away from home I must say. 

We seem to have found a formula to win away from home. But we must match that to our home form. Burnley is a big test to see where we are. And if our home form is reason to be concerned or not. 

Let's see if the away form continues when the fans return 

Think I'm out on the loop on this discussion, so I don't fit in. But I just wanted to say I thought Silva for Wolves looked a pretty decent player. Very much like Ramsey I thought he didn't seem affected of being in the mix of it. Was pretty lively as well. And only 18. Obviously a long way to go, but it's impressive none the less. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think I'm out on the loop on this discussion, so I don't fit in. But I just wanted to say I thought Silva for Wolves looked a pretty decent player. Very much like Ramsey I thought he didn't seem affected of being in the mix of it. Was pretty lively as well. And only 18. Obviously a long way to go, but it's impressive none the less. 

He looked decent. They have taken a big risk spending up to 40m on someone so young but they must have a lot of faith in him.

I think Podence and Neto are very good players too. Neto only 20. They have done superbly in the transfer market but then it helps when you have a super agent on the board and are able to snap up all the Portuguese talent! 

• Like 1

Â