Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. Screaming at the TV. But ill take that over how we looked last year. 

We're building the squad, the quality we've lacked today, will come. 

Gotta start winning games though mate. No good just looking good, we will end up back in bottom half soon enough. 

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

But youd think with £200m+ spent we would have the quality.  Just not seeing £20M in traoe  at all. Shifting Grealish back to centre to accommodate El Ghazi wide was questionable IMO - and sticking with it even more so.

To be honest £200m is nothing these days as sad as it sounds. Gives you one Neymar. Just have to hope NSWE open up the purse strings...

Joins the West Ham and Brighton games with how on earth haven't we won that. With our injuries I'd have taken a point before the game so I can't really come on here and be fuming now but my god, these games are so frustrating. I reckon we used up all our luck in that Liverpool game 😆

At least we haven't lost this one and it's yet another clean sheet. Just get everyone working on their finishing. 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Gotta start winning games though mate. No good just looking good, we will end up back in bottom half soon enough. 

We'll be fine. We won't be in a relegation battle and that's fine progress with me. We're building something here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Did the game not frustrate F**** out of you, when you have almost 30 shots on goal and can't finish 1

It frustrated the hell out of me but at the same time I can see how far weve come.

We just lack serious cutting edge, it's like weve got blades blunt as hell but we need to sharpen them like Japanese style.

What's doing my head in so much is our layers waiting after they receive the ball instead of smashing it, to many touches I'm afraid. Another thing is we clearly keep looking for the fine parts of the goal, more than a few times a goal could of been created tonight if we had of just sent it to the side of there keeper with speed and power, again to many players trying to send it finely into the corners, top or sides by placing instead of just accurately hit towards goal. Let's put it like this it's like were trying to make finesse shots on fifa and you cant always get a finess shot in anymore, it's all but pointless these days after the update, now we need an update to stop finess shooting lol.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Weird signing.

Think he was a recommendation from JT

Worth a shot tbh - goals galore in the championship. My worry is he thrives on confidence - and hes not going to get hatfuls of chances each week at prem level. 

Just now, hippo said:

Worth a shot tbh - goals galore in the championship. My worry is he thrives on confidence - and hes not going to get hatfuls of chances each week at prem level. 

His problem is his weak foot

Makes him so utter useless at times.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

To be honest £200m is nothing these days as sad as it sounds. Gives you one Neymar. Just have to hope NSWE open up the purse strings...

I duuno - If I were chairman/owner - I wouldn't be sayings its nothing. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Got tactics spot on, we’ve ripped them to shreds. It’s not his fault we couldn’t score from 27 shots. Considering we literally had no options on the bench either.

Can't agree. Shifting grealish from his best position - for me it would need someone better than El Ghazi to do that. Connor has a reasonable goals haul at this level - he had to be a better option than Davis.

• Like 1

He picked the best team for the opponents, and I believe he go the tactics right.

I think he should have put Davis down the middle, and moved Ollie out wide. 

He could have brought Connor on for last 10 to try and get something from a set-play, or Freddie at right back, and push Elmo on for Traore. Even possible Ramsey for AEG and pushed Jack back out left towards the end.

For me, 8 out of 10 for the day.

Edited by villianusa

Â