Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

No we don't what good players do we have when Mcginn / Grealish / Mings are gone? 

As I said before the sales will merely balance the books to cover the massive losses relegation will bring. FFP will not allow us to spend that much next season

You're wrong, by the way.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Can see smith getting the boot today or tomorrow, terry in charge for chelsea game - cue media jizzfest. Terry will get sn audition, if does well, keeps it til end of season, if not, welcome pulis/big sam/other dinosaur

They wont aack him before Saturday  that im sure of

Just now, LondonVillian said:

I'm a qualified accountant.

You don't need to be to know that " the sales will merely balance the books to cover the massive losses relegation will bring. FFP will not allow us to spend that much next season" isn't true.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I got to be honest i think this pptikn would have disaster all over it.  Does he even have all his badges? I think terey could make a good manager later on.

But i think it might be worth keeping smith simply because of his experience.  We probably would still go down bit i think its a gurantee with Terry as boss.

Aside from that, I would genuinely take Allardyce until the end of the season.

He gets results. Full stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You don't need to be to know that " the sales will merely balance the books to cover the massive losses relegation will bring. FFP will not allow us to spend that much next season" isn't true.

How is it not true then ? 

Please enlighten us oh master.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from that, I would genuinely take Allardyce until the end of the season.

He gets results. Full stop.

Agree 100% JV. All the people who are turning their nose up are not thinking of the serious problems we could face if we go down.

The current football under Smith is totally crap anyway

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I mean, that might be true, but it's not a fact. No-one will ever know how another manager could have done this season, unless we turned back time and saw it unfold.

Most squads of limited ability seem to get by when they are organised, and most teams with that level of organisation have largely been together for multiple seasons.

We have a great combination of lack of quality + lack of time together.

Good managers can't stop individual errors. Individual errors (plus VAR/ ref errors) have cost us in excess of 7-8 points this season. With those points, that are completely out of Smith's control, we'd be around 15th.

Your view, cannot be dismissed, it has elements of mitigation that are fair, but my reluctance to buy in to it as much as you ,is this:

If we started badly and got gradually better, i would be more inclined to accept your view as legitimate....but the fact is we have got incrementally worse almost game by game.

The conspiracies against us, you mention are fair.....you could almost have an inquest surrounding our treatment of VAR which is laughable.

but in my opinion, we are primarily the architect of our own demise.

I am a fan who looks at games as opposed to stats and glean my opinions from there, however, i do not dismiss stats as irrelevant and i recognise they are more factual, than my opinions.

Those stats are alarming, in anyones language.

it is inevitable, some fans will back Dean in a view to see a change in results and performances and quote stability.......some will have seen enough and favour a change in leadership.....who's right, i wish i knew.

I am not sure what we do with 10 games left, but i will say this, if we continue on this path of being ripped apart and results accordingly......the task of getting back up will be in stark contrast to just missing out.

We are being mullered in the league and that has deep rooted consequences and a magnitude that is far reaching.

It has to stop, NOW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

How is it not true then ? 

I've explained it already. You can read back if you like.

If you think we'll need every penny of what we get from selling players to cover the impact then that's cool. You're wrong, but each to their own.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree 100% JV. All the people who are turning their nose up are not thinking of the serious problems we could face if we go down.

The current football under Smith is totally crap anyway

This everyone banging on about some the "project"  we play shit football and we still lose.

Rather play shit football and win. 

Don't understand anyone defending Smith stats.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've explained it already. You can read back if you like.

If you think we'll need every penny of what we get from selling players to cover the impact then that's cool. You're wrong, but each to their own.

You explained nothing if your going to claim someone is wrong at least come out and say why. 

I think when people say "Smith has no tactics" or whatever, I just think from his management style, he gives a lot of the individual responsibility onto the players.  

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, and I'm sure they do train defensive roles, but I do think Smith is the kind of manager to be more relaxed about that kind of thing than say.. Benitez or Jose. 

I think Smith's outlook to things generally is "look up, encourage, mentor" rather than discipline and enforce rules. 

I'd personally prefer to work under a manager like Smith - but results are results.  

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 3

Â