Jump to content
Demitri_C

Dean Smith

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Amazingly it’s still in our own hands. As long as that’s the case we have to try and believe. Lose on Saturday and that will probably change. What do the club do?

Im really glad its not me making the decision. There must be at least a discussion going on today you would think. Probably as big a decision we have to make in my lifetime!

Edited by leighavfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want us to look at Pitarch at least as much as Smith. I'd never heard of him and I'm not massively impressed. I would hate to squander all the resources we have at our disposal with NSWE because one guy with a questionable pedigree has more power than he should.

This squad already needs overhauling and its only just been put together. I know it was a lot to ask to put a squad together in one summer, but we could have expected better with £150m spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Losing faith.

This football is as bad as ANYTHING we've seen over the past few years. The performances at the moment are indefensible. Gone is the excuse that we're playing good football and sticking to a system and it'll all come together. It's not coming together, it's falling apart. There's no system, no ideas, we don't look like creating much at all. The defence is woefully bad and even the players who were dragging us through games before aren't performing now.

To be honest the only reason I'm leaning towards keeping Smith is that I think he'd bring us straight back up from the championship if we kept the majority of our players.

Last night was the nail in our coffin for this season, imo. I can't see us getting out of it now and wouldn't be surprised to see us finish bottom to be perfectly honest.

I'm the same. 

My only thought for leaning towards getting rid is the worry of how the negativity and destroyed confidence will effect the start of next season. 

We are absolutely going down. A new manager won't change that. But will a new approach and new face brighten things up enough for us to start next season much more positive. 

I've a horrible feeling that the entire club and fanbase is going to feel an utter mess by the summer. Relegation and losing Jack won't help. A new manager might just be a boost that helps us hit the ground running come August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the club will be even entertaining the idea of sacking Smith at the moment. And even if they did sack him it wouldn't be with a view to bringing in a manager who could build something for next season, possibly in the championship, it would be to bring someone who they'd see as giving us a chance of survival this season, so would probably be someone like Allardyce or Hughton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

I have no belief that Smith can get us promoted straight back after we are relegated. 

Sack him and get someone now so they have time to prepare for next season. 

Never rated Smith and glad more are starting to see how woefully inept he is tactically, as well as some poor recruitment choices. 

This is where the arguments are so weak though. 

If you can't give him any credit for the miracle last year then clearly you have an agenda. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This is where the arguments are so weak though. 

If you can't give him any credit for the miracle last year then clearly you have an agenda. 

Weak argument have you seen how shit we are?

Grealish played out off his skin for the last 10 or so games that's why we got promoted - when Grealish was injured we were utterly dross as we are this season.

Teams in the Prem can negate Jack and not be worry about any of our others players, which championship teams just could not do.

If anyone has any agenda its you for suggesting that DS is anything but a crap manager who is not good enough tactically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LondonVillian said:

Weak argument have you seen how shit we are?

Grealish played out off his skin for the last 10 or so games that's why we got promoted - when Grealish was injured we were utterly dross as we are this season.

Teams in the Prem can negate Jack and not be worry about any of our others players, which championship teams just could not do.

If anyone has any agenda its you for suggesting that DS is anything but a crap manager who is not good enough tactically. 

Haha

Like I said. If you give him no credit for last season it speaks volumes. 

I'm starting to believe he should leave but for me he gets lots of credit for last season and I know he's had a really difficult task this year due to recruitment. 

The idea he has always been crap is just laughable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can tell it's the full moon cause the loons are out in full force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Haha

Like I said. If you give him no credit for last season it speaks volumes. 

I'm starting to believe he should leave but for me he gets lots of credit for last season and I know he's had a really difficult task this year due to recruitment. 

The idea he has always been crap is just laughable. 

It's not laughable it 100% fact without Grealish coming back and playing like a man possessed we would be nowhere near being promoted. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

It's not laughable it 100% fact without Grealish coming back and playing like a man possessed we would be nowhere near being promoted. 

 

 

Manager needing best player shock. 

Grealish made a big difference but the idea that smith just sat there and did nothing is laughable. You keep beating that drum though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the start of last season with Grealish in the side we went ten games with only one win, we also failed to get promoted in the previous two seasons with Grealish in the side, it was when Smith came in that we improved and were ultimately good enough to get promoted, yes Grealish played a big part in that but Smith also has to take some credit for Grealish's form as he's improved him, especially his assisting and scoring goals, since joining the club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Manager needing best player shock. 

Grealish made a big difference but the idea that smith just sat there and did nothing is laughable. You keep beating that drum though.

I know it's hard for you to understand so you just say "laugable" to everything. Did we play well when Grealish was out last season? Are we playing well now that Grealish is nullified every week?

The answer to both of those is no in case you are struggling. So what have we done to improve that from last season? Spent 150m on dross and playing the exact same way every week and blaming the refs when we lose. 

Worst defence in the league by a mile, no attacking threat now that Grealish is taken out the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We looked way up for it until Reina ruined it. At least try and be consistent in your moan 

We didnt though. We looked up for it for the first 10 minutes. That was it. Reina made a mistake but we were always going to concede multiple goals last night. It was inevitable. To try to say everything was going to plan until Reina had a brainfart is absolute nonsense in my opinion. If that's what Smith is trying to claim he's deluded or lying.

Edited by villa89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying that we only got promoted last season because of Grealish and Smith gets not credit, is the same as saying that we're only struggling this season because of the players and Smith gets no blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We didnt though. We looked up for it for the first 10 minutes. That was it. Reina made a mistake but we were always going to concede multiple goals last night. It was inevitable. To try to say everything was going to plan until Reina had a brainfart is absolute nonsense in my opinion. If that's what Smith is trying to claim he's deluded or lying.

Add in to this that before Reina did lose his mind, Leicester could have been 3-0 up from corners alone. Elmo was marking Evans ffs! The organisation is criminal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

I know it's hard for you to understand so you just say "laugable" to everything. Did we play well when Grealish was out last season? Are we playing well now that Grealish is nullified every week?

The answer to both of those is no in case you are struggling. So what have we done to improve that from last season? Spent 150m on dross and playing the exact same way every week and blaming the refs when we lose. 

Worst defence in the league by a mile, no attacking threat now that Grealish is taken out the game. 

So why didn't we come straight back up with Grealish?

Why did Bruce not get promoted with Grealish?

Why did Bruce get sacked with Grealish?

Laughable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm the same. 

My only thought for leaning towards getting rid is the worry of how the negativity and destroyed confidence will effect the start of next season. 

We are absolutely going down. A new manager won't change that. But will a new approach and new face brighten things up enough for us to start next season much more positive. 

 

Watford would disagree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone pointed out to me that towards the end of last nights game Leicester picked up a few yellow cards for niggly fouls that broke up our play. Man City the same on Sunday. Those teams are light years ahead of us and yet they still have a pragmatic approach to the game. If they do it with all their talent, why don’t we? 

Leaving aside tactics, formations, recruitment etc, the biggest issue is, I believe, that we are a soft touch in all areas of the pitch. Possibly even off the pitch too. We’re just too nice, is that a reflection of the manager? Possibly I’ve never met the fella, but for him and us to survive in this division, we need to find an aggressive, ruthless streak and quickly. 

Teams play a variety of styles with massively varying player quality, but the successful ones always have the same quality which is aggressive, intensity with a large dollop of stubborn belligerence. I’m afraid to say we don’t have any of that as a team. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watford would disagree

Disagree with what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â