Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I appreciate there is more to your post, and you made some good points.... But come on, this isn't true.

I don’t mean we have gone backwards since his appointment.

I mean we have gone backwards in terms of the style of football we are playing, or attempting to play since the end of last season and even the start of this season.

• Thanks 1

Smith recently stated his teams improve as the season progresses. 
This can’t be his team because we’re getting worse with each league game. Bournemouth, Southampton and then tonight. Utter garbage. And I have no doubt he isn’t the man to get us promoted next season.

Just posted this on Twitter:

The question is do we sack Smith now accepting that he seems totally out of his depth in the PL and we are performing worse than the capability of the team. There is a slim chance a new manager could save us BUT if we are relegated Smith would be the best shout to get us up #avfc

Just now, Harry said:

The question is do we sack Smith now accepting that he seems totally out of his depth in the PL and we are performing worse than the capability of the team. There is a slim chance a new manager could save us BUT if we are relegated Smith would be the best shout to get us up #avfc

Would he? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Massive flaw in your argument. Smith won’t get us back up. May as well roll the dice now.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Should probably give him credit. He improved all of them massively and I think Mings was his signing in the first place 

Should probably not tbh. Which players have massively improved. Mings was a great signing but has he got better as the seasons wore on? He was also in the Prem when we got him so was on the right track anyway. Where else we going? Steve Bruce, De Matteo, Lambert.....All made decent signings but that means jack diddly if the overall product is crap because the manager doesn't play the right way or to their strengths.

I see marginal improvements at best. Those stepping up this season are either already pretty accomplished or talented enough to perform at this level. I don't see any overall improvement in the team as a unit. It's gradually got worse as the season has wore on.  

More evidence he's lost the plot......

Smith isn't talking about winning games he talked about being "hard to beat" in tonights post match name and shame video. so we lose 1-0 and not 4-0 then? great!

he's touching his ear many times with suggests he's lying. (In Italy, however, this gesture is used to indicate that someone is effeminate or gay.)

He also touches his nose which suggests he might feel discomfort, or to alleviate an itch.

*addendum*

he clearly pulls his earlobe severly like an african tribeswoman when answering about if he still backs reina. therefore I think we can safely say Reina won't be in the nets on Saturday.

However actually I think he'll wait to see if Pep punishes his keeper for their blooper then go with that.

Edited by screwdriver
*addendum*

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

I honestly don't know where people are getting this from? Yes he took us up last season but that was with an exceedingly good squad for that division and even then it was only after going on a ridiculous run of form and scraping through the play-offs. People seem to forget how awful we were last season when Grealish was out injured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Would he? 

So that prompts the ‘who then’ question either right now or next season which tends to generate totally unrealistic suggestions.

I still quite like Dean Smith but we are going down now so if he is going then I want a manager who will build a style of play ready for next season in the Championship. Grealish is gone so yet again we will find ourselves in need of building a midfield.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think if we go down, it will far more reaching than folk realise......we know how hard this league is to get out of.....at present we are likely to lose another 10, that will destroy any confidence for next season i.e Stoke, middlesbrough.

We have a big, big decision to make.....maybe one last throw of the dice.

Big Sam in a ten game challenge, would be an option, but a new man maybe fanciful.

I think we have left it too late to see a change.....the writing was on the wall months ago.

100% agree. Smith said they work hard to set pieces. Which is strange when you see how much is wrong. He should have gone ages ago. Getting to the league cup final only masked the problems. He’s clearly out of his depth in the Premier League

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I honestly don't know where people are getting this from? Yes he took us up last season but that was with an exceedingly good squad for that division and even then it was only after going on a ridiculous run of form and scraping through the play-offs. People seem to forget how awful we were last season when Grealish was out injured.

Yes and we had Tammy Abraham banging them in. It’s like spurs without Kane in the Premier League

55 minutes ago, Mantis said:

and the one win in 10, prior to the run....he is the epitome of inconsistency and the team mirrors the manager.

In terms of player development.....we have actually gone gradually backwards, in most players.....that is sinful.

most are worse than when they first arrived.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

The change should start now.....ready for next season.....and some guy has 10 games to make himself a hero.....and he has 10 games to see what he has for next season.

• Like 1

Â