Dean Smith

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

enough is enough.. terry till end of season 

Keep terry on as he is liked by the players but not as manager. 

We need experience not a gamble. I really do think despite their struggles we should aim for eddie howe.

DS actually thought we "turned up", but just got "beat by a better team" last night. Think that says it all. He is simply out of his depth, irrespective of the quality of the squad. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We need experience not a gamble. I really do think despite their struggles we should aim for eddie howe.

i said months ago smith is not at it, i think big sam would keep us up but hey ho, 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely you are joking? I'm happy to list my reasons if you want but Eddie Howe would be the last manager I would hire in our current situation.... Maybe 2nd last after Remi Garde.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

In terms of player development.....we have actually gone gradually backwards, in most players.....that is sinful.

most are worse than when they first arrived.

That's just bollocks. They're exactly the same. Dogshit that is.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Surely you are joking? I'm happy to list my reasons if you want but Eddie Howe would be the last manager I would hire in our current situation.... Maybe 2nd last after Remi Garde.

Yes please do. The same eddie howe that has kept a small club like bournmouth in the premier league consistently for many years?

Just now, The Hawk said:

How so many people can confidently make comments like “Smith has lost the dressing room” without any knowledge of the inner goings-on whatsoever is beyond me.

Well they certainly are not playjng for him thats for sure. I dont beleive for a second these players dont care. The core put so much effort in getting us up.

Smith is just out of his depth its as simple as that. He is not adaptjng to premier league football. Its like we are playing championship football where you dont have to have  agreat defence to win games.

Doesnt work like that here. He isnt the man to take us forward 

7 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

How so many people can confidently make comments like “Smith has lost the dressing room” without any knowledge of the inner goings-on whatsoever is beyond me.

I agree, I don't think there's a lot of evidence to show that. 

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

I honestly don't know where people are getting this from? Yes he took us up last season but that was with an exceedingly good squad for that division and even then it was only after going on a ridiculous run of form and scraping through the play-offs. People seem to forget how awful we were last season when Grealish was out injured.

Just to be clear you are saying he fluked promotion last season and has always been a poor manager who has now been found out in the PL? 
He gets no credit last season for the ‘ridiculous run of form’ or for ‘scraping through the playoffs’?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Massive flaw in your argument. Smith won’t get us back up. May as well roll the dice now.

Why could he not get us back up? I am fascinated by all the revisionist history on this thread recently which you could sum up as Smith has always been a poor manger who has no been found out. For the record I am not saying that we should not sack him, who’s next is what concerns me.

Edited by Harry
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

It’s just Tid bits you hear, you can’t prove it unfortunately such is the downside to being ITK. 

I hear bits off someone who is involved with several of the players, last year there was friction between DS and his staff and JT, they basically ignored JT. It came to a head they had a big run of winning 10 games as a unified camp. 

I’ve heard there’s a rift again, not personally just they don’t value JT’s input. Players love Terry he talks to all the young lads, always gives positive advice based on what he sees in training etc.

DS digging them out post Southampton didn’t go down well, he’s perceived to not know his mind (which is evident) training methods are perceived as repetitive. 

Jacks heads turned, core players are eyeing their next moves it’s over as is. Some not impressed with summer business in fairness to Smith

Sacking Smith at present is the only thing we can do to maybe get a reaction. Either way it’s over

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Why could he not get us back up? I am fascinated by all the revisionist history on this thread recently which you could sum up as Smith has always been a poor manger who has no been found out. For the record I am not saying that we should not sack him, who’s next is what concerns me.

He’s had 2/3 of a season to work with the players and we’re getting worse week by week. Next season we won’t have Jack, SJM or Mings who have by and large added quality to this team. Tactically he’s been out thought each match. 
Now tell me why he could get us promoted!

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Haven’t we lost 5 games in a row? 

So that means he’s “lost the dressing room” does it? 

This whole “playing for the manager” idea is such a classic cliche. No player is out on the pitch during a game thinking “got to win this for Dean (or any other manager)”. What they are really referring to are squad dynamics and confidence which influence the players/teams displays.

Is confidence low? Absolutely. Poor results and the predicament we are in can do that.

Is Smith to blame for this? Partially. Trying to motivate a team that’s getting beaten week in week out is a very tough task. 

Where we have seriously faltered though is in our recruiting department. Our squad dynamics are terrible. Look at the different nationalities and native languages spoken in our starting line up last night. That can make it tricky to gel players quickly. Given that we had to assemble an entire squad preseason, we didn’t do a great job in ensuring that our players could mix easily. Guilbert even came out and said he can barely communicate around the club and has no friends outside his family. Is this Smiths fault? Partially. Could it have simply been unlucky? Maybe.
There are teams that have done this way better than we have. Wolves for example buying players from Portugal and having two core groups within the side. 

Whatever the case, the players don’t seem to be able to really play for each other more than anything and that’s the real problem. Not whether they “play for the manager”.  

Â