Dean Smith

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He seems to be another manager/coach that just can't find the right job and flits from club to club.

Should've stayed at Sunderland. They're sort of club that are on a roll now having got out of league 1 and will probably finish in the play offs again this season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've I'm Rangers I'd do everything to get Deano in. It's a club crying out for an identity, for recreating a feel for who they are. He'd be an absolute hero up there and Theresa nobody more deserving of redemption regards being seen as a proper manager than this wonderful man.

Edited by stewiek2

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I've I'm Rangers I'd do everything to get Deano in. It's a club crying out for an identity, for recreating a feel for who they are. He'd be an absolute hero up there and Theresa nobody more deserving of redemption regards being seen as a proper manager than this wonderful man.

He'd do fantastic there tbf.

Be great to see what he can do in Europe

23 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Would prefer him manage blues or west brom than either of the sectarian scum

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Wonder if he is aware of the rangers/villa connection? Would be a good way to get their fans onside if he takes the job!

Am sure he is aware of Rangers hooliganism at Villa Park. He might have even be there that day

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Am sure he is aware of Rangers hooliganism at Villa Park. He might have even be there that day

9th october 1976, he would have been 5 so maybe! 47 year anniversary next week. I was thinking of the history of William McGregor, a Scottish Draper who was a Rangers fan and his wife who was a Hearts fan and then he merged the 2 colours to create the claret and blue of villa. Thats why we apparently have the lion rampant, similar to the scottish royal banner and rangers badge. Someone on VT posted it in one of the threads, was quite interesting as i didnt know that about villa but always thought there was a lot of similarities to rangers

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

9th october 1976, he would have been 5 so maybe! 47 year anniversary next week. I was thinking of the history of William McGregor, a Scottish Draper who was a Rangers fan and his wife who was a Hearts fan and then he merged the 2 colours to create the claret and blue of villa. Thats why we apparently have the lion rampant, similar to the scottish royal banner and rangers badge. Someone on VT posted it in one of the threads, was quite interesting as i didnt know that about villa but always thought there was a lot of similarities to rangers

🤮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, useless said:

Wednesday have just sacked Munoz, he might come into contention for that position

Yep I was surprised they didn't look at him in the summer given his championship record is good and ex player.

It's not a great squad though, very old and in final third Bannan is only one that fits his style and he's about 34 now. If he hadn't already managed them I think Steve Bruce would be more in contention.

DS needs to wait for the Stoke job to come up and go for that one, that's a much better fit for him given the players they have.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep I was surprised they didn't look at him in the summer given his championship record is good and ex player.

It's not a great squad though, very old and in final third Bannan is only one that fits his style and he's about 34 now. If he hadn't already managed them I think Steve Bruce would be more in contention.

DS needs to wait for the Stoke job to come up and go for that one, that's a much better fit for him given the players they have.

Not with that madman in charge who has said he will not put any more money into the club because people are not saying nice things about him. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2023 at 22:18, VillaChris said:

Should've stayed at Sunderland. They're sort of club that are on a roll now having got out of league 1 and will probably finish in the play offs again this season.

Yeah I couldn’t understand that decision at the time and it’s not gone well since. Can only think Stoke offered him a sizeable increase in salary 

• Like 1

Â