Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Genuinely has to go now, he's taking us backwards.

Awful manager.

Awful manager who’s taken us from the bottom half of the Championship to mid table in the Premier League?!

Yes it’s been crap tonight, painfully crap. But this kind of attitude pisses me off more than the crap served up today.

I get it it’s football so everything has to be instant success but I have no time for comments like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Awful manager who’s taken us from the bottom half of the Championship to mid table in the Premier League?!

Yes it’s been crap tonight, painfully crap. But this kind of attitude pisses me off more than the crap served up today.

I get it it’s football so everything has to be instant success but I have no time for comments like this.

I’m sure you’ll get over it.

Smith out.

• Haha 1

Just now, tom_avfc said:

I'm sorry but it's true. Worst performance I've seen from any Villa manager in a decade and that includes under shite managers like Lambert, McLeish, Garde and Sherwood.

He was out of his depth without Grealish last season and he is again this season. The defence last season was clearly Terry's work not Smith's as there have been no personnel changes there.

He's a nice guy but a very poor manager, the reason behind his successes have been he's taken over Villa at a very favourable time. If he'd managed under Lerner he wouldn't have lasted a year. 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'll be gone if we don't win any of our next 4 (West Ham, Southampton, Brighton, Palace).

Won't win any of those given how our general standard of performance currently is.

If they give him that long I'll wonder what their general ambition is for this football club. 

I'm sorry but it's true. Worst performance I've seen from any Villa manager in a decade and that includes under shite managers like Lambert, McLeish, Garde and Sherwood.

He was out of his depth without Grealish last season and he is again this season. The defence last season was clearly Terry's work not Smith's as there have been no personnel changes there.

He's a nice guy but a very poor manager, the reason behind his successes have been he's taken over Villa at a very favourable time. If he'd managed under Lerner he wouldn't have lasted a year. 

So everything positive was somebody else’s work and everything crap is his doing? I get it.

Terrible last 10 minutes at wolves and terrible game tonight I completely agree.

Awful manager? Nah I’m not having it. I’m sure 14th in the championship was the most favourable time to take over a struggling team. To then take that team to the premier league that season, keep them up, reach a cup final and push on to mid table doesn’t scream out awful manager to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If they give him that long I'll wonder what their general ambition is for this football club. 

I think up to December is fair enough. Still half a season left. Probably be one of those seasons where we'll muddle through and string out odd wins here and there so I'd expect us to beat Southampton and perhaps Brighton, maybe draw from West Ham.

What isn't acceptable is just blindly accepting 7-8 winless runs because we do that every season under DS. Eventually we're going to have to be better than that to properly progress.

Edited by VillaChris

8 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

So everything positive was somebody else’s work and everything crap is his doing? I get it.

Terrible last 10 minutes at wolves and terrible game tonight I completely agree.

Awful manager? Nah I’m not having it. I’m sure 14th in the championship was the most favourable time to take over a struggling team. To then take that team to the premier league that season, keep them up, reach a cup final and push on to mid table doesn’t scream out awful manager to me.

He took over a team that was underachieving with billionaire owners who if promoted would haver very high levels of investment. 

I don't rate him and I don't think his achievements are at all worthy given the net spend.

He hasn't once instilled a style of play into this team and again tonight he's decide to play long ball and 5 at the back.

His time is up IMO and I hope the owners really go for a top quality manager who can get the best out of a talented squad. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

He took over a team that was underachieving with billionaire owners who if promoted would haver very high levels of investment. 

I don't rate him and I don't think his achievements are at all worthy given the net spend.

He hasn't once instilled a style of play into this team and again tonight he's decide to play long ball and 5 at the back.

His time is up IMO and I hope the owners really go for a top quality manager who can get the best out of a talented squad. 

He’s been a very good manager for us who will rightly come under pressure if results and performances don’t improve.

I fear that the top quality manager that you’re after may not be tempted by the project at Villa and the “talented squad” that to me still looks paper thin.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think up to December is fair enough. Still half a season left. Probably be one of those seasons where we'll muddle through and string out odd wins here and there so I'd expect us to beat Southampton and perhaps Brighton, maybe draw from West Ham.

What isn't acceptable is just blindly accepting 7-8 winless runs because we do that every season under DS. Eventually we're going to have to be better than that to properly progress.

November international break - give a new man time to assess it before the Jan window 

He needs to play the formation and style he truly believes in. Not trying to shoehorn players into an unfamiliar shape and compromising on the fundamentals of his own philosophy. 

We haven’t looked remotely like a Dean Smith team lately. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's the problem, if we string out wins here and there and he keeps his job because of it it's even worse.

I never want my team to lose 7 or 8 in a row but right now if that's what it takes to have a change I think I want it. I just don't trust this manager any more.

We are now 8 points down on last season and been hammered by a very average team that Palace should have beaten just 4 days ago. Even the extra 2 days rest has done nothing for us.

Smith won't take us any further and we're not even standing still, we';re going backwards.

• Like 3

That's the problem, if we string out wins here and there and he keeps his job because of it it's even worse.

I never want my team to lose 7 or 8 in a row but right now if that's what it takes to have a change I think I want it. I just don't trust this manager any more.

We are now 8 points down on last season and been hammered by a very average team that Palace should have beaten just 4 days ago. Even the extra 2 days rest has done nothing for us.

Smith won't take us any further and we're not even standing still, we';re going backwards.

I'm not a big fan of Smith at the moment myself but if you want to see us lose 8 in a row so we get a new manager then i think you need to re-evaluate some things. That is just absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 3

Â