Dean Smith

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't people say they'd all be moved on within 18 months? Seems they're all happy at Wolves and they'll only cash in if they get a ridiculous offer for Adama, Neves or Raul Jimenez.

I'd much rather have the Wolves model and watch world class footballers playing for us than the continual gambles we do on players with very limited top level experienced. It tends to get reflected in the league results and positions.

Three years ago Wolves had Paul Lambert as their manager and their main striker was Andeas Weimann.

Spot on. We should have the courage to make the brave changes that’s needed to survive in modern football. We are going in circles for few years now, signing similar type & level players , going no way, in this straight back down to the championship , where else teams that made the switch to wolves model /playing style from Championship looks more likely to replace us in Premiership.  They also make many new fans internationally  , especially in Asia that’s operate on pay per view basis & generate lots of extra cash revenue from these , much  more than the normal season tickets achieved. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

No manager is getting every player they ask for.

An important  part of the job is getting the best out of what you got. I don't think Dean is doing that.

Who do you think should be playing much better? Take our starting 11 today. How many of those players have shown they can consistently perform at this level for you to make a claim like that?

I'd love to know. 

3 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Spot on. We should have the courage to make the brave changes that’s needed to survive in modern football. We are going in circles for few years now, signing similar type & level players , going no way, in this straight back down to the championship , where else teams that made the switch to wolves model /playing style from Championship looks more likely to replace us in Premiership.  They also make many new fans internationally  , especially in Asia that’s operate on pay per view basis & generate lots of extra cash revenue from these , much  more than the normal season tickets achieved. 

Wolves owners have real ambition. Don't they want to make Molineux 50k stadium? People will probably chuckle at that but they can fill it 30k no problem and could easily get another 15k in if they made the champions league.

Our owners have done o.k so far but I still shake my head at last summer and the way it was sold to us. Some way to go before they're as good as say the late Leicester owner or his Son who's had the drive to push Leicester on again after they fell back into also ran pack after shock title win. Things like going out and gettinf a proven manager like Brendan Rodgers when he was still in a job at Celtic and they've made good signings from champions league clubs like Tielemans.

Big summer coming up certainly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its quite obvious we aren't a club where the manager has complete control over the signings. If it helps you to get your anger out by believing Smith signed everyone then carry on.

The majority of managers in modern football don't sign the players. Still doesn't mean their job will be up for debate if they don't get results. Job description is loosely defined in the title. Manager.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

The majority of managers in modern football don't sign the players. Still doesn't mean their job will be up for debate if they don't get results. Job description is loosely defined in the title. Manager.

I don't think i've said different.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its quite obvious we aren't a club where the manager has complete control over the signings. If it helps you to get your anger out by believing Smith signed everyone then carry on.

How is it obvious? From my understanding smith has as much say as suso does. You really think smith has no say in some signings?

I find tahf unbelievable if you do.

There is a man out there who I believe Would  take it for the last 8 games and is a motivator of players and Has unfinished business at this club and perhaps owes us in many ways - on an 8 game basis to end his managerial career on a high And I believe he’d keep this club up - Martin o Neill 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How is it obvious? From my understanding smith has as much say as suso does. You really think smith has no say in some signings?

I find tahf unbelievable if you do.

Thats because I've never said that. Of course he is involved. 

17 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm really not too bothered about the prem, I want to be entertained and value that above staying in the premier league at all costs. If Dean delivered that, I'd have been happy. I would have chosen entertaining football and relegation under over backs to the wall but staying up.

sad indictment of how far we have fallen as a club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

There is a man out there who I believe Would  take it for the last 8 games and is a motivator of players and Has unfinished business at this club and perhaps owes us in many ways - on an 8 game basis to end his managerial career on a high And I believe he’d keep this club up - Martin o Neill 

I dont like o neill and ive never forgiven him for what he did.

But i think he would keep us up as well

Just now, Demitri_C said:

You kind of alluded to that when you said has 'complete control over the signings'

You're making out that he is in complete control. He is part of a team who are signing them. TBH I believe Suso has the most influence on who we sign. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Imagine the fans. They wanted him sacked when he kept getting more points each year. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You're making out that he is in complete control. He is part of a team who are signing them. TBH I believe Suso has the most influence on who we sign. 

Fair enough. You could be right guess uts hard for us to know. But i think we can both agree the business was poor in the summer. I actually think it was worse than the year we went down. We actually signed some good players had we known how to bloody use them with a decent manager

Â