Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What? 

A website says he's worth more so someone will pay us over £24 million for him. Er..ok.

Point is Jonah. It’s an independent barometer that would suggest that the deal is hardly catastrophic! Far from it. 

I think Suso has signed a lot of players with scope for improvement. The problem is we needed more players to hit the ground running. The improvement can be seen each game though and if we can stay up and some how keep Jack(or least spend the money from his sale one 1 or 2 players). There is good potential to really kick on. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can we get that guy that gets 35mill players to Championship that cost 5mill. Still astonished that Wolves got away with that

It does seem unlikely that there wasn’t/isn’t some sort of creative work going on that involves paper bags and motorway service stations. 

12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Point is Jonah. It’s an independent barometer that would suggest that the deal is hardly catastrophic! Far from it. 

That value is set by his recent transfer to us. Once we try and move him on and got to accept a shit offer it will plummit. You can pbserve the same stuff on Borja's profile after his transfer to Swansea. Actually a decent comparison. Think the age, money and quality are basically the same. Unfortunately for us. 

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can we stop criticising and mocking our own players (including those who are injured and out for the season!) for a minute please? Most of them are young and will continue to develop and improve. We managed to ship out a lot of crap and deadwood over the last couple of years who were overpaid and overaged...

let’s back these guys now...

We’ve been through a tough period and came out of it well.

We’ve just picked up 2 massive results against Watford and Leicester, and are through to a cup final btw. I’m sure we’ve proved a few doubters wrong and we will continue to fight.

Can we just be a bit positive and optimistic for a bit and have some faith in our manager and players who have been working their assess off to try and perform and get results?

I just think we need a bit of perspective and need to calm down and back the club we support. Plenty of reasons to be hopeful and optimistic rather than downbeat, critical & miserable.

Let’s back Deano & the players and let’s get some results starting with Bournemouth today.

Staying up and getting to the final in our first season back in the PL after an unlikely promotion would be  something worth shouting about. Then we can progress further and add quality to the side next season.

UTV

You're basically asking people to not debate players and the club on a forum. This place would be very boring if it was mindless support. There's a serious difference between debating things online and, for instance, going to a match and supporting the lads.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That value is set by his recent transfer to us. Once we try and move him on and got to accept a shit offer it will plummit. You can pbserve the same stuff on Borja's profile after his transfer to Swansea. Actually a decent comparison. Think the age, money and quality are basically the same. Unfortunately for us. 

And yet before he left yesterday to join us, he was only valued at £3m with Swansea having paid 5 times that for him. Kind of backs my argument up.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You're basically asking people to not debate players and the club on a forum. This place would be very boring if it was mindless support. There's a serious difference between debating things online and, for instance, going to a match and supporting the lads.

Debate is fine, I’m just asking us not to completely write anyone off and not to just complain all the time. At least be a bit positive while we are doing well. 

We don’t have to be so negative all the time.

For example, yes Wesley hasn’t made a massive impact but it was his first season here and he’s young. The fee we paid for him is not his fault. He’ll only get better with time and experience. A shame he got seriously injured, we may have seen him do a lot better for the rest of the season.

We don’t appear to have any disruptive characters in the squad now and that’s a big change.

I criticise certain players too tbh, especially when they’re not performing. I don’t want players like Taylor starting when they visibly hold us back and we have better options for example.

But we don’t have to be so despondent and negative about everything all the time.

We should want players to do well rather than keep slating them and calling them failures etc.

Its just that we seem to be doing well atm and I see a lot of team sprit and unity, they’ve managed to drag themselves out of trouble for now and we have reasons to be hopeful and optimistic.

We haven’t done too badly in the transfer market either and better than other clubs actually.

I keep saying there is a lot of focus and pressure on Samatta though, we need him to do well.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Then why start talking about bandwagons? I've always been very clear in my opinion of him. Simply because you think your warped wrong view of something is the truth doesn't mean it's okey accuse people of this and that. Or create scenarios that never happened. Personally I couldn't give a flying **** what you find admirable. So thanks for the chuckle. 

And yes on every sensible metric you can find he's among our worst flops ever. Anyone not coloured by some kind of weird ass loyalty can see this. He's a joke among the fans I know of other clubs and that says much. 

First bolded bit... pot calling kettle...

2nd bolded bit... Everton, Norwich, Burnley, Arsenal fans must be especially pissing themselves laughing.... in between goals.

In reverse, I know fans of other clubs, who think fans of ours who act like you towards players (and others) are a running joke and love winding us up?

Anyway it's devolving into childish bollox again.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It doesn't mean anything. It's a website opinion of his value. What good is that to us?

If we are relegated this season, does that website valuation help us? Because I would count Wesley's performances as a contribution to the relegation if the worst happens. 

In that 12 game period where he didn't score or have many shots on goal we got 10 pts out of a possible 36. Less than a point per game average 

Hopefully Samatta can help do the business from now on. 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

For example, yes Wesley hasn’t made a massive impact but it was his first season here and he’s young. 

What's worse is it was barely half a season, half of which the whole team was tripe, sod even a full season. lol

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

And yet before he left yesterday to join us, he was only valued at £3m with Swansea having paid 5 times that for him. Kind of backs my argument up.

You've lost me now. It demostrably doesn't. The player in Borja that was valued at 17 million was never bought again for that value cause clubs knew he wasn't worth it. Swansea got stuck witj him and despite loaning him out he got his true value back. This is likely what's going to happen to Wes. Simply because his current transfermarkt value (based on our idiotic purchase) is inflated does not mean he's worth it. The entire world has seen his shit performances week after week. 

The only hope we got is that he'll develop and come back stronger when there's more competition and less responsibility on him. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll have to rewatch the Burnley game because I thought he was impressive against them also vs Manure. 

Even Man U fans, and coaching staff thought he "Did a number on them", in between laughing of course.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

First bolded bit... pot calling kettle...

2nd bolded bit... Everton, Norwich, Burnley, Arsenal fans must be especially pissing themselves laughing.... in between goals.

In reverse, I know fans of other clubs, who think fans who act like you towards players (and others) are a running joke?

Anyway it's devolving into childish bollox again.

Except it isn't. I am writing my own opinions. You are feeling fine writing for others, putting words into their mouths. 

But keep trying, you'll get something right soon enough. 

Ahh there we got the better fan argument. Guess you've used your bag of tools for this time. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Debate is fine, I’m just asking us not to completely write anyone off and not to just complain all the time. At least be a bit positive while we are doing well. 

We don’t have to be so negative all the time.

For example, yes Wesley hasn’t made a massive impact but it was his first season here and he’s young. The fee we paid for him is not his fault. He’ll only get better with time and experience. A shame he got seriously injured, we may have seen him do a lot better for the rest of the season.

We don’t appear to have any disruptive characters in the squad now and that’s a big change.

I criticise certain players too tbh, especially when they’re not performing. I don’t want players like Taylor starting when they visibly hold us back and we have better options for example.

But we don’t have to be so despondent and negative about everything all the time.

We should want players to do well rather than keep slating them and calling them failures etc.

Its just that we seem to be doing well atm and I see a lot of team sprit and unity, they’ve managed to drag themselves out of trouble for now and we have reasons to be hopeful and optimistic.

We haven’t done too badly in the transfer market either and better than other clubs actually.

I keep saying there is a lot of focus and pressure on Samatta though, we need him to do well.

I don't think you should write anyone off. But I really disagree that things can't be criticised. 

We've always had it for certain players. Hogan was untouchable for a long time and Wesley is now getting the same. 

I don't think many have said he will never be good. Most criticisms are based on what he has done and even then I think everyone has acknowledged it was more the clubs fault for putting everything on his shoulders. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's worse is it was barely half a season, half of which the whole team was tripe, sod even a full season. lol

That’s certainly true.

I just don’t understand why we always have to keep criticising and slating players.

Occasional debate and analysis is fine but sometimes the excessive criticism seems incessant. Let’s give it a break sometimes.

A bit of hope and positivity makes a nice change and is part of being a fan surely?

I’m not asking for blind faith or optimism. I criticise certain players and performances too but it doesn’t have to be excessive or constant. We’re doing ok at the moment so why not take a temporary break from the negativity.

We don’t have the best squad or players but we have to make do now and Deano is doing his best to get them performing and fighting for results.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think you should write anyone off. But I really disagree that things can't be criticised. 

We've always had it for certain players. Hogan was untouchable for a long time and Wesley is now getting the same. 

I don't think many have said he will never be good. Most criticisms are based on what he has done and even then I think everyone has acknowledged it was more the clubs fault for putting everything on his shoulders. 

I’m not saying nothing can be criticised. Just let’s not be so downbeat and negative all the time.

Like I said, I criticise and debate too. E.g. Taylor is a really poor player, I don’t think Trez is good enough for the first team (but he can be useful and will improve.) But we don’t have to keep repeating the same things. It makes sense to be critical and frustrated when we aren’t doing well (to try and analyse and see where we are going wrong and can improve) but less so when we are doing well imo.

There are many of your points I have agreed and disagreed with. Debate and occasional criticism is fine, I do it myself, but it’s good to take a break occasionally and not repeat the same stuff over and over again. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just learned a new word 😎

Points to you. 

😆 Cheers

I’m really not trying to have a go at anyone I would just welcome some positivity and optimism for a bit (at least until the next loss or poor performance! 😆)

We’ve done well recently and I’ve really enjoyed our wins and atmosphere at the games. Villa Park is amazing when the fans get going and the players get such a boost.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Â