Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

Positives:

Jack is amazing and getting better and better.

Mings is a colossus & leader.

Reina looks like a great signing and big influence. A really good replacement for Heaton.

Targett is shining and enjoying playing with Jack. Guilbert looks great too.

We have two promising young CBs in Konsa & Hause.

Nyland has proved the doubters wrong and can produce some amazing saves and performances. A good deputy.

Luiz & Nakamba are getting better and better.

Massive result against Watford. Our prospects of staying up look a lot better.

Massive result against Leicester taking us to to Wembley and a cup final.

Trez got a big goal that should boost his confidence and performances hopefully.

We finally have some options up front and the backing of a whole nation! 😆

Looking forward to the return of McGinn, will be like a new signing and really boost the team. 

Steer will provide further competition when he returns.

If Samatta can get some goals we will be looking good...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You've lost me now. It demostrably doesn't. The player in Borja that was valued at 17 million was never bought again for that value cause clubs knew he wasn't worth it. Swansea got stuck witj him and despite loaning him out he got his true value back. This is likely what's going to happen to Wes. Simply because his current transfermarkt value (based on our idiotic purchase) is inflated does not mean he's worth it. The entire world has seen his shit performances week after week. 

The only hope we got is that he'll develop and come back stronger when there's more competition and less responsibility on him. 

Swansea bought him for £16m. Based on his appearances (amongst other things) his Transfer market value dropped to £3m.

We bought Wesley for £22m. Based upon his appearances (amongst other things) his Transfermarket value has increased to £27m.

Example 1 catastrophic business. Example 2 good business.

I know it is an independent valuation that to a certain extent can be treated with a pinch of salt. Market conditions will dictate his true value when/if he moves on. It is however an indication that, in the eyes of an independent arbitrator, his value has increased which means he must be doing something right. Therefore, far from being a catastrophic deal!

Anyway. More importantly let’s hope we get the 3 points this afternoon, UTV

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Swansea bought him for £16m. Based on his appearances (amongst other things) his Transfer market value dropped to £3m.

We bought Wesley for £22m. Based upon his appearances (amongst other things) his Transfermarket value has increased to £27m.

I know it is an independent valuation that to a certain extent can be treated with a pinch of salt. Market conditions will dictate his true value when/if he moves on. It is however an indication that, in the eyes of an independent arbitrator, his value has increased which means he must be doing something right. Therefore, far from being a catastrophic deal!

You really think that the transfermarkt value carries any weight we're on different planets. His performances alone proves it was catastrophic business. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The market is fickle.....If he gets a few goals for us, his value will soon be c 10 mill.

but you could apply that to Hogan too.

its all about doing the business.

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You really think that the transfermarkt value carries any weight we're on different planets. His performances alone proves it was catastrophic business. 

Strong argument mate with solid foundation 

Catastrophic is wildly OTT given we signed him at 22 and he's moved from the Belgian league to the hardest league in the world, settling into a new team with lots of new players and getting used to the pace.

We're half a season in and he's scored 5 in 21. AND he's been called up to play for Brazil in that time.

• Like 1

I'm not basing it one his goals ratio which I've said about 150 times already. I'm basing it on his general performances. About he was our star signing and most matches we've played he is so bad it's like we're playing with 10 men. He is absolutely shit. Lethargic, slow, moaning, fake injury geebag that despite being big as hulk himself chickens out of most physical confrontations and are beyond useless at winning ANY header.

And that's before we start on his presence in the box. He was supposed to be key player in our new PL era, where we needed to stay up. Instead he's most likely the key player that makes sure get relegated. If we don't it's despite of him being in the team. £ 22 million on him is absolutely insane. Whoever scouted him must have gotten envelopes here and there cause he wouldn't even cut it in the championship unless he massively improved and developed.

We made a big investment for a player in a key position. He was given a LOT of patience and pitch time. Goals wasn't even what we wanted to see.  It was energy, fight and movement. I've seen better football from Samatta in 45 minutes than I've EVER seen from Wesley.

In my mind he suits the description catastrophic signing to a tee. Underlined by the fact we now this window had very little money to play with cause the £ 22 million and FFP. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not basing it one his goals ratio which I've said about 150 times already. I'm basing it on his general performances. About he was our star signing and most matches we've played he is so bad it's like we're playing with 10 men. He is absolutely shit. Lethargic, slow, moaning, fake injury geebag that despite being big as hulk himself chickens out of most physical confrontations and are beyond useless at winning ANY header.

And that's before we start on his presence in the box. He was supposed to be key player in our new PL era, where we needed to stay up. Instead he's most likely the key player that makes sure get relegated. If we don't it's despite of him being in the team. £ 22 million on him is absolutely insane. Whoever scouted him must have gotten envelopes here and there cause he wouldn't even cut it in the championship unless he massively improved and developed.

We made a big investment for a player in a key position. He was given a LOT of patience and pitch time. Goals wasn't even what we wanted to see.  It was energy, fight and movement. I've seen better football from Samatta in 45 minutes than I've EVER seen from Wesley.

In my mind he suits the description catastrophic signing to a tee. Underlined by the fact we now this window had very little money to play with cause the £ 22 million and FFP. 

Everton, Arsenal, Norwich both games, Burnley before he was crudely injured he showed enough ability to prove he is going to be a top top player. Juan Pablo Angel didn’t do anything for his first 9 games and he was a hero at Villa Park. 

He is a false 9 type striker who is better with the ball at his feet. lump and hope hoof-ball isn't his game. 

Edited by Sulberto21

If this man had an ounce of self respect, he’d walk. Our relegation is almost entirely driven by his incompetence. It’ll also be this clown negotiating the sale of Grealish for us. No way we’ll get market value for him. A shambolic disgrace 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

That website does not constitute an independent arbitrator. The fact that we paid £22M is probably the largest factor informing that £27M valuation, with the premium driven by the fact that he has simply played half a season in the PL, so pretty arbitrary. In reality, I’m not convinced that is what someone would pay for him.

The better proxies are goals scored and quality of performances, neither of which suggest that was good business at £22M.

3 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

That website does not constitute an independent arbitrator. The fact that we paid £22M is probably the largest factor informing that £27M valuation, with the premium driven by the fact that he has simply played half a season in the PL, so pretty arbitrary. In reality, I’m not convinced that is what someone would pay for him.

The better proxies are goals scored and quality of performances, neither of which suggest that was good business at £22M.

Fair enough. I don’t agree but the point is that it was originally described as catastrophic business which it clearly isn’t. It’s just another example of an over the top reaction to something that we may feel a mild displeasure towards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

If this man had an ounce of self respect, he’d walk. Our relegation is almost entirely driven by his incompetence. It’ll also be this clown negotiating the sale of Grealish for us. No way we’ll get market value for him. A shambolic disgrace 

And what relegation would that be? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

You are going to have to do better than that.  This is the home of @villalad21 and @screwdriver. This kind of post is just just not going to make the grade I am afraid. Poor effort. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Quite agree, he's appalling, and the Director of Football/Head Coach set up just hasn't worked.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Quite agree, he's appalling, and the Director of Football/Head Coach set up just hasn't worked.

The DOF and Head coach set up has been in place for about 15 months. In which time we’ve got promoted, got to a cup final and sit outside the relegation zone. Hardly a failure. But sure let’s rip it up and go back to old school style with the manager in complete control, and then starting again every time a manager leaves. And that’s not to say, I don’t expect better because o do, but these things take time.

• Like 1

Â