Contracts (Squad list)

Hornso

As the OP states that the end of this season will be even funnier than last season if we don't go up and it's not wrong.

- 30 players will be out of contract or loans expired by June 2019. That is worrying - especially under the current manager!

- Of the players whos contract expire in 2020 - 3 of those are currently deemed not good enough and will probably be moved on or loaned out again next season (2019/20).

This would potentially leave us with a squad of around 18 or thereabouts; players heading into 2019/20 (of which half of this number currently never get a game for us anyway).

So if that is the case then we are royally **** if we don't go up this season!

I do not like we have been steered towards this and if we fail to go up we will be left with a thin bare squad combined with no more parachute payments and a on going FFP saga.

Another reason why we need a change of manager in NOW.

BRUCE OUT!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

With Jack announcing our new deal I thought I'd look at our list and see how we are positioned with our contracts. As usual there are a more than a few shockers in there but to counter that, we now have arguably our best two players tied to the longest deals at the club which is a positive. However, there certainly looks like there will a lot of turnover at the end of the season whether it turns out to be a successful one or not.

2019 2020 2021 2022 2023
Tammy Abraham* Albert Adomah James Bree John McGinn Jack Grealish
Isaiah Bazeley? Birkir Bjarnason Scott Hogan    
Jacob Bedeau James Chester Henri Lansbury    
Corey Blackett-Taylor Keinan Davis Orjan Nyland    
Yannick Bolasie* Jake Doyle-Hayes Neil Taylor    
Mark Bunn? Ahmed Elmohamady      
Jack Clarke Rushian Hepburn-Murphy      
Jordan Cox? Anton Hooper      
Anwar El Ghazi* Conor Hourihane      
Alan Hutton Jonathan Kodjia      
Mile Jedinak Dominic Revan      
Harvey Knibbs Matjia Sarkic      
Harry McKirdy Gary Gardner^      
Andre Moreira* Andre Green^      
Callum O'Hare Ross McCormack^      
Colin Odutayo Aaron Tshibola^      
Jozef Pastorek?        
Alexander Prosser?        
Micah Richards        
Callum Rowe        
Axel Tuanzebe*        
Vassilev Indiana?        
Glenn Whelan        
Mitchell Clark^        
Ritchie De Laet^        
Tommy Elphick^        
Jordan Lyden^        
Kelsey Mooney^        
Jed Steer^        
Easah Suliman^        

Legend        
? Uncertain      
* On Loan      
^ Loaned Out      

Thanks for posting that - very interesting.

A lot of the youngsters in there need to get contract extensions:

Blackett-Taylor

Knibbs

McKirdy

O'Hare

Odutayo

Vassilev

Clarke(Mitch)

Mooney

That's a lot.

And Sea is not mentioned, arrived the same time as Odutayo and Vassilev, looked a good player any time I saw him. Probably 2019 the same as the other two.

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As the OP states that the end of this season will be even funnier than last season if we don't go up and it's not wrong.

- 30 players will be out of contract or loans expired by June 2019. That is worrying - especially under the current manager!

- Of the players whos contract expire in 2020 - 3 of those are currently deemed not good enough and will probably be moved on or loaned out again next season (2019/20).

This would potentially leave us with a squad of around 18 or thereabouts; players heading into 2019/20 (of which half of this number currently never get a game for us anyway).

I do not like we have been steered towards this and if we fail to go up we will be left with a thin bare squad combined with no more parachute payments and a on going FFP saga.

BRUCE OUT!

On a positive note, our wage bill will drop dramatically!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

And Sea is not mentioned, arrived the same time as Odutayo and Vassilev, looked a good player any time I saw him. Probably 2019 the same as the other two.

I've got Sea listed as a "Scholar" at the moment going by a list put out by the EFL at the end of last season/start of this season.  I have no clue about the YTS, but I assume if these lads get a pro contract they'll be announced on the club website? 

SCHOLARS (16)
Birch, Jack
Birch, Mason
Boucher, Kieran
Bridge, Mungo
Brunt, Lewis
Guy, Ben
Ige, Luke
McConnachie, Charlie
Patterson, Ethan
Ramsey, Jacob
Rowe, Callum
Sea, Dimitri
Stretch, Callum
Tait, Michael
Walker, Jake
Williams, Joshua
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skills said:

cant see any renewals for Jedi, Micah, Whelan, De laet, Elphick and Lyden.  Could also add Hutton as well

That is over 100k in wages. This will help significantly next year. Add in bolaise and Abraham and it's more like 200k 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That is over 100k in wages. This will help significantly next year. Add in bolaise and Abraham and it's more like 200k 

Those 6 will be on far more than 100k between them, what you suggest is an average of 16.6k wages each.. I'd say they are comfortably more than double that.

• Like 2

On 25/09/2018 at 04:30, AvfcRigo82 said:

BRUCE OUT!

To have it any other way would surely involve careful planning on the managers part? We've seen how he plans for opponents that aren't eligible to play against so what else could we expect? 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That’s why I am thinking we might be ok with ffp next year because the amount in wages we would be sav8ng is significant 

But that would be for the year after this.

The pressing concern is FFP for this year.

3 hours ago, sne said:

But that would be for the year after this.

The pressing concern is FFP for this year.

Exactly, we could potentially be in a position with all these players leaving AND a transfer embargo meaning we cant replace them. If Bruce thinks we are "starting all over again" this year then he's in for a shock next year.

• Like 1

Â