Contracts (Squad list)

Hornso

7 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

I also think that people are overestimating how many players will be let go. 

I really don't think we will give many of them a new contract. This is a big chance to start next season with a fresh slate almost. A chance for Smith to mold his own team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Adomah is the interesting one. We have a one year option to extent. If we have no money to spend will the club exercise it? Personally I'd rather release him

Where did you get the info that the club have an option? All info I've seen states he's out of contract at the end of next season, and nothing else. Care to share your source?

2 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Where did you get the info that the club have an option? All info I've seen states he's out of contract at the end of next season, and nothing else. Care to share your source?

It’s on the bm 

59 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

I don't think they are. It would be insane to keep any of the rabble who's contracts are up. 

1 hour ago, eddiemunster said:

The Birmingham Mail have done quite a bit on it - I was under the same impression as Demitri. I think he's out of contract this summer.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Birmingham Mail have done quite a bit on it - I was under the same impression as Demitri. I think he's out of contract this summer.

I suggest you go on  transfermkt and you will find his contract ends next summer not his one, ie 2020 and not 2019. I refuse to believe anything reported in the Meaning Evil.

Edited by eddiemunster
BM lies

2 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

I suggest you go on the following link ;https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/albert-adomahs-agent-quashes-transfer-15393128  or transfermkt and you will find his contract ends next summer not his one, ie 2020 and not 2019.

The link says his contract ends at the end of this season, and 'next summer' which is a bit confusing 

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

The only first teamer I can see possibly getting an extension is Elphick...  Some of the U23s might get an extension, but that's it.

10 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

I suggest you go on  transfermkt and you will find his contract ends next summer not his one, ie 2020 and not 2019. I refuse to believe anything reported in the Meaning Evil.

Yep, it seems that some places have it listed as 2020 and some as 2019 - most of the 2019's seem to be led by the Mail. 

The Mail is usually wrong in these cases.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The link says his contract ends at the end of this season, and 'next summer' which is a bit confusing 

The next summer bit caught me off gaurd a little too until I looked at the date of the article and realised when speaking "next summer" would mean this one.

However, The rest of the article states he is working on impressing DS and getting an extension with the club having the option to extend it at the end of this season???

I took that as he will be leaving in 2019 but infact he IS contracted until 2020 which I assume the one year extension part woyld then take him to 2021 if triggered.

4 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

I don't think that is the case.

This squad needs massively overhauled and I feel of those expiring and set to leave in 2019 that 1 or 2 may get offered a one year extension but otherwise I think there will be a plethora of movement this summer in terms of players leaving.

We may see one or two who have a year or two left on their contracts also shipped out, hopefully.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think that is the case.

This squad needs massively overhauled and I feel of those expiring and set to leave in 2019 that 1 or 2 may get offered a one year extension but otherwise I think there will be a plethora of movement this summer in terms of players leaving.

We may see one or two who have a year or two left on their contracts also shipped out, hopefully.

I think of the players who's contract is expiring only Hutton or Whelan will get an extension and it will be one not both. Probably be Whelan on current form

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think of the players who's contract is expiring only Hutton or Whelan will get an extension and it will be one not both. Probably be Whelan on current form

Yeah I agree Zat, I would like to see Hutton retained for sure and possibly Elphick.

Whelan is an interesting shout given the delicate situation of the defensive midfield area.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah I agree Zat, I would like to see Hutton retained for sure and possibly Elphick.

Whelan is an interesting shout given the delicate situation of the defensive midfield area.

Had forgot about Elphick but his injury I think has ruined that chance of staying which is a pity as him and Mings looked good together and Tommy has always seemed like a good egg in the dressing room compared to others

• Like 1

On 19/02/2019 at 05:02, Wainy316 said:

I make that about £250k per week in wages alone!  Crazy.

Why did you include El Ghazi ?  but omitted Tuanzebe & Abraham ?

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Adomah signed a 4 year deal when he joined us according to OS

My stomach genuinely dropped then as I read that he's signed a new 4 year deal.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

God no. I like them both but we need to think about building and these two do not fit into the young exciting future that smith is trying to build

Â