Contracts (Squad list)

Hornso

Connor Hourihane contract expires this summer, has no goals this season for Sheffield Utd, he was almost half way to breaking Gabby’s 75 goals in half the appearances of what Gabby played. Legend is a word that gets thrown about to much, but Connor Hourihane for all that he gave to the club isn’t far off.

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Connor Hourihane contract expires this summer, has no goals this season for Sheffield Utd, he was almost half way to breaking Gabby’s 75 goals in half the appearances of what Gabby played. Legend is a word that gets thrown about to much, but Connor Hourihane for all that he gave to the club isn’t far off.

wow.

If Hourihane is close to being Legend status at Villa, we must have a seriously low bar for Legends.

Personally, i just see him as a very professional guy, who did a good job overall for us, literally a million miles from Legend status.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wow.

If Hourihane is close to being Legend status at Villa, we must have a seriously low bar for Legends.

Personally, i just see him as a very professional guy, who did a good job overall for us, literally a million miles from Legend status.

Yes we have set the bar low because Gabby is called a legend all the time, I did say the word gets thrown about to much didn’t I? For the circumstances that we were in at the time he helped a lot he was a big part in the journey, I didn’t call him a legend, calling him close to it was probably the wrong choice of words, but if you gave me a choice between him and Gabby in terms of contribution to the club then it’s Connor all day long.

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes we have set the bar low because Gabby is called a legend all the time, I did say the word gets thrown about to much didn’t I? For the circumstances that we were in at the time he helped a lot he was a big part in the journey, I didn’t call him a legend, calling him close to it was probably the wrong choice of words, but if you gave me a choice between him and Gabby in terms of contribution to the club then it’s Connor all day long.

yeah, i agree that Gabby is also nowhere near a legned 😜

I actually rank Hourihane way...way higher on the list than Gabby, who i think is a total tool and actually damaged the club with his antics and behaviours.

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, i agree that Gabby is also nowhere near a legned 😜

I actually rank Hourihane way...way higher on the list than Gabby, who i think is a total tool and actually damaged the club with his antics and behaviours.

Worse thing is he keeps on damaging the club now on the radio

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Ben Chrisene is contracted with us until 2025 according to what he posted on his instagram after signing his new deal recently.

Aaron O'Reilly, Shakpoke, and Swinkels all signed professional contracts when they turned seventeen, It's probable that Kerr Smith was given a professional contract as soon as he signed, as he had just turned seventeen when we signed him and already had a professional contract at Dundee United.

Kadan Young, Archie Duerden, Ilani Edwards, Sam Lewis, and Charlie Pavey are all U16 players, albeit they've all appeared for the U18s, and in Kadan Young's case the U23s, presuming we offer them a scholarship and they accept, they will be first year scholar next season, I think Travis Patterson despite already playing for our U18s and U23s will also be a first year scholar next season as well.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

Spread of contracts by year and when they expire

2022 [6] 2023 [16] 2024 [10] 2025 [10] 2026 [4] 2027 [1] Contracted (TBA) [16] Academy [29]
Ashley Young Chisom Afoka Danny Ings Leon Bailey Emiliano Buendia Emiliano Martinez Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge Ben Chrisene (18)
Philippe Coutinho*# Lamare Bogarde Tyrone Mings Matty Cash Ezri Konsa   Paul Appiah Frankie Ealing (17)
Robin Olsen* Carney Chukwuemeka Marvelous Nakamba Calum Chambers Lucas Digne   Caleb Chukwuemeka Kerr Smith (17)
Conor Hourihane^ Douglas Luiz Bertrand Traore Kortney Hause Kaine Kesler^   Declan Frith Sil Swinkels (18)
Indiana Vassilev^ Caolan McBride Tim Iroegbunam John McGinn     Hayden Lindley James Wright (17)
Dewain Sewell Viljami Sinisalo Oliwier Zych Jacob Ramsey     Myles Sohna Aaron O'Reilly (17)
  Trezeguet Louie Barry^ Morgan Sanson     DJ Sturridge Finley Munroe (16)
  Brad Young Jaden Philogene-Bidace^ Ollie Watkins     Finley Thorndike Josh Feeney (16)
  Jed Steer^ Wesley^ Cameron Archer^     Patrick Zito Luke Softley (?)
  Anwar El Ghazi^ Keinan Davis^ Matt Targett^     Josh Lane Jayden Barber (16)
  Frederic Guilbert^         Edward Rowe Harvey Rhoades (17)
  Lovre Kalinic^         Ajani Burchall Mikell Barnes (17)
  Filip Marschall^         Mungo Bridge Todd Alcock (17)
  Akos Onodi^         Dominic Revan Taylor-Jay Hart (18)
  Arjan Raikhy^         Finn Azaz^ Kyrie Pierre (16)
  Seb Revan^         Tyreik Wright^ Tommi O'Reilly (18)
              Ruben Shakpoke (17)
              Charlie Lutz (17)
Legend             Kahrel Reddin (18)
On Loan *             Kobei Moore (17)
Loaned Out ^             Sam Lewis (?)
Option #             Travis Patterson (16)
              Alex Hammons (?)
              Ryan Hans (?)
              Charlie Pavey (?)
              Ilani Edwards (16)
              Archie Duerden (15)
              Kadan Young (16)

Corrections from youth team experts welcome!

Good work. 

Looking at 2023. I wonder who from the 2023 crop will get new deals. Brad Young done enough to be extended? Probably worth extending and giving him another Loan. 

I'd say Steer & Kalinic will move on in summer (either officially or Loans to end of contract). AEG, Guilbert, Trez will be sold

Luiz, Bogarde, Chuk, Sinisalo need to be tied down. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hornso said:

Spread of contracts by year and when they expire

2022 [6] 2023 [16] 2024 [10] 2025 [10] 2026 [4] 2027 [1] Contracted (TBA) [16] Academy [29]
Ashley Young Chisom Afoka Danny Ings Leon Bailey Emiliano Buendia Emiliano Martinez Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge Ben Chrisene (18)
Philippe Coutinho*# Lamare Bogarde Tyrone Mings Matty Cash Ezri Konsa   Paul Appiah Frankie Ealing (17)
Robin Olsen* Carney Chukwuemeka Marvelous Nakamba Calum Chambers Lucas Digne   Caleb Chukwuemeka Kerr Smith (17)
Conor Hourihane^ Douglas Luiz Bertrand Traore Kortney Hause Kaine Kesler^   Declan Frith Sil Swinkels (18)
Indiana Vassilev^ Caolan McBride Tim Iroegbunam John McGinn     Hayden Lindley James Wright (17)
Dewain Sewell Viljami Sinisalo Oliwier Zych Jacob Ramsey     Myles Sohna Aaron O'Reilly (17)
  Trezeguet Louie Barry^ Morgan Sanson     DJ Sturridge Finley Munroe (16)
  Brad Young Jaden Philogene-Bidace^ Ollie Watkins     Finley Thorndike Josh Feeney (16)
  Jed Steer^ Wesley^ Cameron Archer^     Patrick Zito Luke Softley (?)
  Anwar El Ghazi^ Keinan Davis^ Matt Targett^     Josh Lane Jayden Barber (16)
  Frederic Guilbert^         Edward Rowe Harvey Rhoades (17)
  Lovre Kalinic^         Ajani Burchall Mikell Barnes (17)
  Filip Marschall^         Mungo Bridge Todd Alcock (17)
  Akos Onodi^         Dominic Revan Taylor-Jay Hart (18)
  Arjan Raikhy^         Finn Azaz^ Kyrie Pierre (16)
  Seb Revan^         Tyreik Wright^ Tommi O'Reilly (18)
              Ruben Shakpoke (17)
              Charlie Lutz (17)
Legend             Kahrel Reddin (18)
On Loan *             Kobei Moore (17)
Loaned Out ^             Sam Lewis (?)
Option #             Travis Patterson (16)
              Alex Hammons (?)
              Ryan Hans (?)
              Charlie Pavey (?)
              Ilani Edwards (16)
              Archie Duerden (15)
              Kadan Young (16)

Corrections from youth team experts welcome!

Thanks, thats really useful to see like that.   

We don't really have any wastage or players sitting in a bomb squad collecting their wages. Even those which are surplus to requirements, are loaned out so as not to waste salary costs. 

• Like 2

Â