Contracts (Squad list)

Hornso

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

God no. I like them both but we need to think about building and these two do not fit into the young exciting future that smith is trying to build

Fair enough but young players need some experiened heads for when going gets tough. Was one of Lambert bomb squad failings. Only Vlaar was an experienced player and he was injured a lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

God no. I like them both but we need to think about building and these two do not fit into the young exciting future that smith is trying to build

We are building for the future and as @Zatman says, we still need a few experienced heads in there.

Hutton, Elphick & Whelan provide this better than any of the other out if contracters.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fair enough but young players need some experiened heads for when going gets tough. Was one of Lambert bomb squad failings. Only Vlaar was an experienced player and he was injured a lot

Also that’s Lambert didn’t have a clue. We had no leaders throughout that team either.

You can have relatively young players who are still experienced who show leadership.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We are building for the future and as @Zatman says, we still need a few experienced heads in there.

Hutton, Elphick & Whelan provide this better than any of the other out if contracters.

Offer Elphick a contract. Whelan only on really reduced terms as you’d only want him to play a bit, maybe just to close out games. 

Youd think we wouldn’t need anymore older heads, I’ve liked Hutton but we should not be offering him a contract. 

If we get Mings, he shows good leadership, as does Jack, then throw in McGinn and Chester and we have experienced players in the mix anyway.

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 00:12, Hornso said:

Removed Jordan Lyden and Alex Prosser is now on loan. Plus updated the ages that I could find evidence of...

Edited to move Jed Steers contract end date.

2019 [23] 2020 [16] 2021 [8] 2022 [1] 2023 [3] To Be Confirmed [5] Academy [20]
Mark Bunn (34) Albert Adomah (31) Lewis Brunt (18) John McGinn (24) Jack Grealish (23) Isaiah Bazeley-Graham (19) Cameron Archer (17)
Jack Clarke (20) Birkir Bjarnason (30) Henri Lansbury (28)   Lovre Kalinic (28) Jordan Cox (20) Mungo Bridge (18)
Tommy Elphick (31) James Chester (30) Orjan Nyland (28)   Frederic Guilbert** (24) Jacob Ramsey (17) Bradley Burton (17)
Alan Hutton (34) Keinan Davis (21) Viljami Sinisalo (17)     Jack Birch (18) DJ Campton-Sturridge (?)
Mile Jedinak (34) Andre Green (20) Michael Tait (18)     Alexander Prosser** (20) Charlie Farr (16)
Harvey Knibbs (19) Ahmed Elmohamady (31) Neil Taylor (30)       Ben Guy (18)
Kelsey Mooney (20) Anton Hooper (18) James Bree** (21)       Luke Ige (18)
Micah Richards (30) Conor Hourihane (28) Scott Hogan** (27)       Charlie McConnachie (18)
Callum Rowe (19) Jonathan Kodjia (29)         Colin Odutayo (18)
Glenn Whelan (35) Dominic Revan (18)         Akos Onodi (17)
Easah Suliman (21) Matjia Sarkic (21)         Ethan Patterson (18)
Corey Taylor** (21) Jed Steer (26)         Jaden Philogene-Bidace (17)
Tammy Abraham* (21) Gary Gardner** (26)         Aaron Pressley (17)
Tom Carroll* (26) Rushian Hepburn-Murphy** (20)         Dimitri Sea (16)
Anwar El Ghazi* (23) Ross McCormack** (32)         Harrison Sohna (15)
Kortney Hause* (23) Aaron Tshibola** (24)         Myles Sohna (15)
Tyrone Mings* (26) Jake Doyle-Hayes** (20)         Indiana Vassilev (18)
Axel Tuanzebe* (21)           Jake Walker (18)
Mitchell Clark** (20)           Tyreik Wright (17)
Ritchie De Laet** (30)           Sam Lomax (19)
Harry McKirdy** (22)            
Callum O'Hare** (21)            

Hope we can get rid of at least a few out of Tshibola, McCormack, Gardner, Kodija, Adomah, Elmo, Thor, Lansbury, Taylor, Hogan and Nyland as well while at the same time extend the contracts of O'Hare and Clark.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope we can get rid of at least a few out of Tshibola, McCormack, Gardner, Kodija, Adomah, Elmo, Thor, Lansbury, Taylor, Hogan and Nyland as well while at the same time extend the contracts of O'Hare and Clark.

You've only named 2 who are out of contract at the end of the season, who you'd extend the contracts of.

Does this mean that you would get rid of the following who are out of contract at the end of the season;

Bunn, Clarke, Elphick, Hutton, Jedinak, Knibbs, McKirdy, Mooney, Richards, Rowe, Suliman, Taylor, Whelan, and De Laet?

I agree with trying to offload Tshibola, McCormack, Gardner and Hogan who are currently out on loan, but not the others at present.

Will have to see if we get up first, before we make major changes to the squad, because FFP may have a lot to do with it if we don't go up.

6 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

You've only named 2 who are out of contract at the end of the season, who you'd extend the contracts of.

Does this mean that you would get rid of the following who are out of contract at the end of the season;

Bunn, Clarke, Elphick, Hutton, Jedinak, Knibbs, McKirdy, Mooney, Richards, Rowe, Suliman, Taylor, Whelan, and De Laet?

I agree with trying to offload Tshibola, McCormack, Gardner and Hogan who are currently out on loan, but not the others at present.

Will have to see if we get up first, before we make major changes to the squad, because FFP may have a lot to do with it if we don't go up.

Yes.

Not seen enough of the other young players so there might be some more in there to keep. and with Taylor I meant the ageing LB not the Corey one.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How the f**k did McCormack land a 4 year contract!! God we have had some serious mugs run this club. 

Urm.

Is that a real question?, have you been following villa for the last decade?

:)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Urm.

Is that a real question?, have you been following villa for the last decade?

:)

I know but Jed and Elphick only got 3 years.  Whelan got 2 and Elmo got 3!

Hang on a minute. Did Taylor manage to get 4 and a half!!! Oh my word 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How the f**k did McCormack land a 4 year contract!! God we have had some serious mugs run this club. 

i was actually more surprised it wasnt 6 year deal ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2019 at 00:12, Hornso said:

Removed Jordan Lyden and Alex Prosser is now on loan. Plus updated the ages that I could find evidence of...

Edited; Jed Steer new contract. Jacob Ramsey and Jack Birch approx. new contract dates, see https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/01/22/jack-birch-signs-aston-villa-contract

Mark Bunn (34) Albert Adomah (31) Lewis Brunt (18) John McGinn (24) Jack Grealish (23) Isaiah Bazeley-Graham (19) Cameron Archer (17)
Jack Clarke (20) Birkir Bjarnason (30) Henri Lansbury (28)   Lovre Kalinic (28) Jordan Cox (20) Mungo Bridge (18)
Tommy Elphick (31) James Chester (30) Orjan Nyland (28)   Frederic Guilbert** (24)   Bradley Burton (17)
Alan Hutton (34) Keinan Davis (21) Viljami Sinisalo (17)       DJ Campton-Sturridge (?)
Mile Jedinak (34) Andre Green (20) Michael Tait (18)     Alexander Prosser** (20) Charlie Farr (16)
Kelsey Mooney (20) Anton Hooper (18) Jacob Ramsey (17)       Luke Ige (18)
Micah Richards (30) Conor Hourihane (28)       Jack Birch (18)       Charlie McConnachie (18)
Callum Rowe (19) Jonathan Kodjia (29)        James Bree** (21)       Colin Odutayo (18)
Glenn Whelan (35) Dominic Revan (18)         Scott Hogan** (27)       Akos Onodi (17)
  Jed Steer (26)         Jaden Philogene-Bidace (17)
Tyrone Mings* (26)    Jake Doyle-Hayes** (20)         Indiana Vassilev (18)
Harry McKirdy** (22)            
Callum O'Hare** (21)            
Corey Taylor** (21)            

14 senior players whose contracts either expire or loan finishes this summer. Thats a crazy amount.

Much better to rebuild in the premier league, otherwise we'll have another host of players on long contracts we will be trying to get rid off if we go up the year after.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Junxs said:

14 senior players whose contracts either expire or loan finishes this summer. Thats a crazy amount.

Much better to rebuild in the premier league, otherwise we'll have another host of players on long contracts we will be trying to get rid off if we go up the year after.

Actually 16 Villa players and 6 loanees.

If the club get rid of the players over 30 years of age, who's contracts expire this summer, the club saves approx £ 225K per week.

Add the loanees wages and this becomes approx £ 366.5K per week.

If the club let all 22 players go, its approx £374K per week.

That 374K p/week is the equivalent of £ 19.5 million a year. And all of these figures are approximate (I used FM wages, as these are usually correct or under true wage level).

If the club also manage to offload McCormack, Gardner, Tshibola, Nyland and Hogan then they'd save approx another £ 115K per week in wages alone (£5.98 million a year ).

No doubt, as soon as the season is over, some big decisions will need to be made, dependent on which division the club is in.

On 18/03/2019 at 00:12, Hornso said:

Tommy Elphick (31) James Chester (30) Orjan Nyland (28)   Frederic Guilbert** (24) Jacob Ramsey (17) Bradley Burton (17)
Alan Hutton (34) Keinan Davis (21) Viljami Sinisalo (17)     Jack Birch (18) DJ Campton-Sturridge (?)
Kelsey Mooney (20) Anton Hooper (18) James Bree** (21)       Luke Ige (18)
Micah Richards (30) Conor Hourihane (28) Scott Hogan** (27)       Charlie McConnachie (18)
Callum Rowe (19) Jonathan Kodjia (29)         Colin Odutayo (18)
Jed Steer (26) Dominic Revan (18)         Akos Onodi (17)
Glenn Whelan (35) Jake Doyle-Hayes** (20)         Jaden Philogene-Bidace (17)
Tyrone Mings* (26)           Indiana Vassilev (18)
Harry McKirdy** (22)            
Callum O'Hare** (21)            
Corey Taylor** (21)            

Of the senior players that expire this summer the only one I would even consider holding on to is Whelan and maybe Steer as he's only 26. Bunn, Elphick, Hutton, Jedi, Richards can all go. Besides Richards I don't dislike any of these players but just don't think they will add much to the team and I'd prefer to see younger players get a place on the bench. 

4 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Of the senior players that expire this summer the only one I would even consider holding on to is Whelan and maybe Steer as he's only 26. Bunn, Elphick, Hutton, Jedi, Richards can all go. Besides Richards I don't dislike any of these players but just don't think they will add much to the team and I'd prefer to see younger players get a place on the bench. 

Steer's contract was extended by a year - this was confirmed a couple of weeks ago.

Of the others we can control, and excluded the U23s as I don't know enough to judge, I would only consider Elphick and Whelan - and only if we don't go up and they take a big old pay cut against rumoured salaries. Whelan might look at player/coach.

Â