The NSWE Board

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Nothing much. I think it is just the owners putting an additional 20m into the company, which most likely will cover operational expenses. 

I like @supermon don't really understand it.  All the talk about FFP and I try to work out how owners are allowed to pump in £20m like that and if it's allowed, why can't an owner just keep doing it?

• Like 1

They will put cash in regularly for the day to day running of the club. Plus if its for infrastructure that comes outside of FFP and they can invest whatever they like with no comeback. A sign of a committed ownership group. 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2023 at 13:28, wishywashy said:

IIRC they've put in around £400m of their money into the club overall: around £360m in share capital and £30/40m to initially purchase 55% of the club (with £50/60m of said capital being used in debt-financing plays to obtain Xia's shares/pay off Lerner).

Forbes (albeit roughly) valued the club at £600m, and the going rate for clubs in relatively similar positions matches up. West Ham would logically be valued at approximately £800m when Kretinsky purchased 27% of the club for £200m (although the Gov subsidy for London Stadium plays a huge role in that), Newcastle were sold for £400m (similar fanbase, worse footballing and financial position at the time) and Moshiri wants £500m for Everton (although I think that's extortionate, given their situation... although you could have said the same about Newcastle at the time)

If they sold the club tomorrow, they'd almost certainly turn a profit. Established Premier League clubs with large fanbases are in demand and extremely valuable. I suppose what I'm trying to get at is that for all of their massive investments in the club so far, Villa has been far from a money sink for them: their returns, all things considered, are/would be very good. I don't see that situation changing anytime in the next few years.

They’ll turn a profit when they sell. Both of them are smart enough to realize that money well spent into the club is an investment, not an expense. Good spending means a better team, which in turn leads to a higher league position and a more valuable club.

I think it’s one of the reasons they had no issues moving on from Gerrard so quickly - he was costing them money by spending it poorly

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MNVillan said:

They’ll turn a profit when they sell. Both of them are smart enough to realize that money well spent into the club is an investment, not an expense. Good spending means a better team, which in turn leads to a higher league position and a more valuable club.

I think it’s one of the reasons they had no issues moving on from Gerrard so quickly - he was costing them money by spending it poorly

Even the smartest football boardrooms make decisions that, in hindsight, were daft mistakes. The hiring of Gerrard was definitely one of them. Sometimes it just happens, best you can do is just move on and try and get the next appointment right: which from early signs is definitely true in Emery.

This is even more true for transfers. No matter how detailed your recruitment processes are, they are still genuine gambles. One look at the Premier League transfer records and you could genuinely argue that out of the 15 most expensive player purchases, only 2 of them (van Dijk and De Bruyne) were deals that have been 'successful' for the amount of money put into them. Man City blatantly overpaid for the likes of Grealish and Phillips, and Brighton have struggled to sign a consistent goal-scorer. If you keep up the investment and try to play smart, though, you're inevitably going to hit the jackpot with some signings that work out really well. Just have to keep at it.  

Football is facing a big financial bubble at the moment. Big money TV deals + increasing revenue streams means that Prem clubs that stand little chance of relegation are invaluable. Boehly et al. bought Chelsea for a ridiculous sum of money because they are gambling that this bubble is going to keep growing over the next decade. From what NSWE have been doing lately with the amount of money they've put in, they seem to be of a similar mindset. I'm confident that, in the long-term, everything will work out for both NSWE and Villa as a whole. With their investments in V Sports, they're clearly not deterred by our questionable short-term progress. They're in this for the long haul.

It's unbelievable how lucky we are to have these owners, especially considering a) the state of our club when they took us over and b) the ownership of other clubs around us. West Brom are in a bad state (their owner took money out of the club and has seemingly decided to not pay it back), Small Heath are at genuine risk of doing a Bury (the more you read into that club, the more dire the situation looks for them. you could make an entire documentary series on what happens over there) and even Wolves' Fosun are facing turbulence with the collapse of the Chinese real estate market.

Edited by wishywashy

Thought I heard that both Wes and Nassef were there yesterday. Can anyone confirm this? 

Think I saw a little bit of Nassef on a photo. 

They must be on cloud 9 right now. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Thought I heard that both Wes and Nassef were there yesterday. Can anyone confirm this? 

Think I saw a little bit of Nassef on a photo. 

They must be on cloud 9 right now. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We all know most owners like to feel good about themselves and important in their social standing. Hopefully, rubbing shoulders with the direct heirs to the throne of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth realms will go some way to nourish their continued ownership of Villa.

• Like 2

Nice to see Elmo in there as well. I’m guessing Sawiris likes having him around. When we were deep in the mire under Dr Tony I wonder if Elmo put a call in?

Edited by WHY

Â