The NSWE Board

Guest av1

We didn’t get the result we all wanted yesterday, but walking past the new inner city building which looked really impressive, then past the north stand trying to imagine how impressive the new stand is going to be, before taking my seat in Holte and still pinching myself seeing Unai Emery walk out as Aston Villa manager. 

We’re so lucky, what a time to be a Villa fan. 

14 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It does look as though Villa's "time" is lining up to be the season after next. I just cannot see it happening majorly until then. Next season by the sounds of it will see construction going on and possibly only 3 stands open so that will be weird. 

By then there will be a top 8 we won't ever crack though 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Just hope to god it doesn’t go the way of Randy and city.

They realise only an endless and unlimited amount of money gets you anywhere to crack the top 4 after Newcastle start spending big and pull the plug. 

They can do what the Liverpool owners are doing and seek further investors so that might work. 

Edited by Sulberto21

27 minutes ago, spiezels said:

They realise only an endless and unlimited amount of money gets you anywhere to crack the top 4 after Newcastle start spending big and pull the plug. 

Can imagine sawaris brought Emery here for them to pull the plus any time soon

• Thanks 1

On 27/12/2022 at 11:49, av1 said:

We didn’t get the result we all wanted yesterday, but walking past the new inner city building which looked really impressive, then past the north stand trying to imagine how impressive the new stand is going to be, before taking my seat in Holte and still pinching myself seeing Unai Emery walk out as Aston Villa manager. 

We’re so lucky, what a time to be a Villa fan. 

Exactly. The ambitions of the owners are remarkable and not ending anytime soon. This is a long term build and we’ve got a cup winning elite manager. Just finally moving in the right direction. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. The ambitions of the owners are remarkable and not ending anytime soon. This is a long term build and we’ve got a cup winning elite manager. Just finally moving in the right direction. 

and thats all true.

but some of us, haven't got as long to wait as others......some of this manyana, manyana has a predictable ring to it.

I want to be positive....and essentially, I am, but when I see players come in, that see to me, that they will change the way we play, and become hard to play against......I will share the optimism.

I have no problem, with some of the fine interacting football we produce....but we are still a naive soft touch, at the back.

Newcastle have become the new Man City......so we have another, contender to deal with in the transfer market, but we can help ourselves, but buying the right kind of players and not sitting on our hands, when we do it.

How long has it taken us, to sign the likes of Kamara, how many of us was crying out for such a player?.....How long did it take us to sign right back before Cash.....These incidents have become folklore.

We need to act....Last season after Carlos and Kamara, we was just asleep......well with limited info, that what it seemed like.....Then we sign Bednarek, Augustinsson, and Olsen.....this activity, will not bring European football.....what it will bring is predators, to our better players.

We will never move on, at the rate, and consistency that we sign good quality players.....The good ones will move on and we are back to square one.

Every time we come to January, the cop outs roll out.....Its not a good month is January.....get to the summer, They are on Holiday, or there's a Tournament.

I'm sorry to be saying this, but its all too regular.....and too passive.

I am as excited by the New stand as the next man, but I don't want it to become a distraction, to the real building of the squad/team.

We need to be Ruthless on the pitch.....and just as much Ruthless off it.

4 hours ago, spiezels said:

In all fairness, they are well north of the rich barometer to keep funding. These guys are seriously seriously wealthy and getting wealthier 

• Like 3

Said something along the lines of I wouldn't take a big fee for Emi M on the transfer thread, that I don't trust these guys to reinvest, 

Ofc I'm extremely thankful to everything so far, but these people see us a toy that they get board with at some point, 

I watched randy do this and will never have 100% faith in overseas owners ever again .

I hope wes and especially Nas stay for a very long time and we remember them as hero's, but I guess I'd say pessimistic when it comes to these things, that a child like myself growing up in Birmingham as child from an Irish family, that saw a guy called Paul become god , can really love the club as much guy who probably never heard of villa park till they were offered a chance to buy it

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, pete101 said:

Said something along the lines of I wouldn't take a big fee for Emi M on the transfer thread, that I don't trust these guys to reinvest, 

Ofc I'm extremely thankful to everything so far, but these people see us a toy that they get board with at some point, 

I watched randy do this and will never have 100% faith in overseas owners ever again .

I hope wes and especially Nas stay for a very long time and we remember them as hero's, but I guess I'd say pessimistic when it comes to these things, that a child like myself growing up in Birmingham as child from an Irish family, that saw a guy called Paul become god , can really love the club as much guy who probably never heard of villa park till they were offered a chance to buy it

Whats that based on out of interest?

I disagree personally, I think they're in it for the long term, the problem being the really long term... 5/10/15 years down the line built from the academy not the January transfer window so they shouldn't need the insane typical PL first team investment

Its still a monster gamble that any of them come good but the infrastructure is there thanks to them and as the likes of west ham show buying £40-50m players is also a gamble

I see them and us as trying something that the other 14 teams aren't rather than doing what everyone else is doing and expecting different results

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pete101 said:

Randy was a simpleton bank rolled by a family inheritance, he was not a business man and we were a play thing to him.

Xia was a gambler who borrowed money, rolled the dice in the hope of a quick return.

Wes and Nas are proper business men. They have not only supported short term funding but are overseeing long term investment, in the form of the stadium and the academy, and are clearly putting in place all the pieces to give us a chance at long term success.

The "worst" that happens is that they treat us as a business and expect us to start standing on our own feet rather than constant massive investment.

Wes may sell at some point but when he does he will leave us in a far stronger position than he found us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, picicata said:

Randy was a simpleton bank rolled by a family inheritance, he was not a business man and we were a play thing to him.

Going OT but I disagree

Randys legacy obviously means that he isn't fondly remembered but I think we do him a disservice

He saw FFP and man City for exactly what they are and wanted nothing to do with it, both are absolutely **** bullshit and ruining football so he wasnt really that wrong... Would happily moan about how he handled it but I think it's unfair when villa fans say he didn't really get football or us, I think its actually the opposite, he got what the PL is all about years before most of us

Going back OT I do think our owners are savy enough to also know what the PL is all about and FFP and what they've invested in, the stumble over the last 2 years won't dent that I don't think the Saudis buying Newcastle will either , have to assume they won't have been arrogant enough to simply think we would just keep climbing with no problems along the way, that's why I've not got any concerns over them

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Does anyone actually know the relationship between both of the owners ? 

I’ve wondered this myself. Seemingly business associates before Villa, but I get the impression Sawiris is mostly the money behind it all and Edens is the sports business guy who’s created successful clubs before - not that he’s short of a penny or two himself.

Thing I like about Sawiris is when you see videos of him on YouTube talking about his businesses, he knows absolutely everything about the details. His knowledge about Nitrogen fertiliser is mad for example. If Villa don’t get it right under him, I don’t think we ever will with anyone.

• Like 1

Â