Christian Purslow

villan-scott

29 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If recruitment is bad he will be criticized.

If it's good he will get praise.

And also do you have any evidence supporting the claim that it was Purslow's decision to bring in Emery because most of the rumours suggests it was Wes and Nas. So why should het get praise for an appointment that potentially wasn't his?

I never said Emery was Purslow's choice, but I guess my evidence would be the below post:

23 hours ago, Pinebro said:

What do people say if Emery fails too? A manager who has been successful wherever he has been.

Still gonna find an excuse for Purslow?

So I'm guessing the excuse for not blaming Purslow if Emery fails is because apparently he didn't hire him, Nas and Wes did. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

So I'm guessing the excuse for not blaming Purslow if Emery fails is because apparently he didn't hire him, Nas and Wes did. 

I have never said Nas and Wes are immune to criticism.

They will all be criticized if we see yet another managerial failure.

Purslow will get the majority of the blame because he is in charge in hiring our sporting director so the recruitment falls on him.

Purslow likes to talk a good game but our success rate with transfers during his reign has been a shambles.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Btw Marina Granovskaia is available.

Would be a superb replacement for Purslow.

Would love to see it.

E2AA7C2E-4B30-4C67-B760-77E08958DC51.gif.a66cbeb63b70c0d89840033172e5ee1b.gif

Apart from hiring Gerrard what exactly has Purslow screwed up since he’s been here? 

I see promotion, increased revenue, expansion plans, a envied academy and now a world class manager. 

Should SAF have been sacked when he signed the Djema twins or spunked money up the wall on Veron and countless others? Or is it just at Villa that you’re not allowed one mistake even with such a body of success? 

55 minutes ago, av1 said:

Apart from hiring Gerrard what exactly has Purslow screwed up since he’s been here? 

I see promotion, increased revenue, expansion plans, a envied academy and now a world class manager. 

Should SAF have been sacked when he signed the Djema twins or spunked money up the wall on Veron and countless others? Or is it just at Villa that you’re not allowed one mistake even with such a body of success? 

Lot of stuff.

Recuitment been shite under his watch.

Ripping up a working and sustainable transfer model in favor a short term, older players on high wages with no resell value.

Failing with 2 sporting directors.

Smith being his only good footballing decision. A manager he ended up sacking btw. This is the same guy who hired Hodgson as the manager for Liverpool. Another laughable footballing decision. I wonder why he isn't working for Liverpool anymore and why Liverpool fans hate him 🙄 Makes me believe Smith was a total fluke.

Edited by Pinebro

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Why on earth should we go for Marina Granovskaia?

Chelsea have built their success on laundring dirty money and breaching rules. Their footballing decisions have on many occations been appaling, for example letting players like Salah and De Bruyne go for little money, letting Lukaku go, then buy him back a couple of years later for £100M, and then loaning him out the season after. Changing managers every year and wanting to join the Super League. She obviously has ties to Abramovich and the Londongrad community. I want our Villa to stay as far away as possible from Russian oligarchs, or Middle Eastern oil-states for that sake.

It would not be a superb replacement for Purslow, it would be a catastrophe. 

She won the UEFA director of the year. 

Chelsea also won just 7 major trophies when she was in charge. KDB was sold before she took the position and Mourinho wasnt keen on Salah and she was gone when Lukaku was loaned out

She also has no sanctions upon her

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I never said Emery was Purslow's choice, but I guess my evidence would be the below post:

Yes, it's an absolute established fact that he was frozen out of this hire...... Or at least its been posted on the Internet a lot which is the same as an absolute established fact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/10/2022 at 18:49, Pinebro said:

I have never said Nas and Wes are immune to criticism.

They will all be criticized if we see yet another managerial failure.

Purslow will get the majority of the blame because he is in charge in hiring our sporting director so the recruitment falls on him.

Purslow likes to talk a good game but our success rate with transfers during his reign has been a shambles.

This is insanity. 

Start of this season people thought we had a squad good enough for Europe. 

When Purslow came in we were bottom half of the championship with no fit CBs and a squad with an average age of 41 - most on loan or out of contract. 

About time some people on here gave this guy and every other person making footballing decisions a break. 

Gerrard was risky and it didn't pay off, his responsibility if it was his sole decision but not a reason to get rid of him. 

imo a different CEO doesn't get £100mil for Grealish. We don't get £20mil for Chuk. We get beaten to the signings of Ings, Bailey, Traore, Digne, etc etc etc. 

The January after our promotion was the only window I can remember that we screwed up royally but the summer we came up and the summer after were fantastic on the whole. Wesley a big miss but we would have gone for Tammy if we could, couple of punts that didn't work out over the years. The only other big signing we've failed on that I can see is Coutinho but if you're backing your manager you can't refuse to sign Coutinho, and at the time the deal we got looked insane, we were praised for getting such a good deal at a low prices and wages compared to expectations. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

No Purslow in the media since Gerrard sacking.

Good. Stay the hell out of footballing decisions Mr.Purslow.

Very different feel this time round. 

He was all over the sacking of Smith and the recruitment of Gerrard. 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Very different feel this time round. 

He was all over the sacking of Smith and the recruitment of Gerrard. 

Hopefully Nas has stripped him off footballing duties.

I have no problem with him as a banker

29 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I just think they’re picking up on fan opinion and keeping him out of the spotlight. 

40 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I wonder if he's been doing a lot of gardening... 

Imo I think it would be harsh to get rid of him, it looks like Nas has taken the initiative over Emery which is great but he still needs Purslow to do a load of the other stuff.  I suspect he was given pretty much carte blanche to do whatever he wanted but has now been taken down a rung or two after the Gerrard disaster.

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder if he's been doing a lot of gardening... 

Imo I think it would be harsh to get rid of him, it looks like Nas has taken the initiative over Emery which is great but he still needs Purslow to do a load of the other stuff.  I suspect he was given pretty much carte blanche to do whatever he wanted but has now been taken down a rung or two after the Gerrard disaster.

Why would it be so harsh? Purslow was the one who talked of 'continuous improvement' and the like. I think Purslow has his qualities as a salesman, but thinks above his station (as is well documented). I cannot see anything that he has done at Villa that has been so wondrous, so groundbreaking... 

11 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Why would it be so harsh? Purslow was the one who talked of 'continuous improvement' and the like. I think Purslow has his qualities as a salesman, but thinks above his station (as is well documented). I cannot see anything that he has done at Villa that has been so wondrous, so groundbreaking... 

I just think it's a tougher job than it looks, some things could have gone better but some things could have been a lot worse.  I'm someone who doesn't mind people making mistakes like he did with Gerrard if he learns from it, the recruitment isn't as easy as just going out and buying who you want, it involves several different factors and people (admittedly I'm someone who doesn't think signing Bailey, Buendia and Ings was that bad and hope they get a run of games so we get more games like Brentford).  That's not to say he doesn't need putting in his place from time to time.

I find it hard to believe Purslow wouldn’t be in front of the media as soon as it was announced if it were him that had got Emery in. Looks very much like Nassef ran this one. Emery probably has direct contact with Nassef too but I’m probably reading too much into it. 

11 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I find it hard to believe Purslow wouldn’t be in front of the media as soon as it was announced if it were him that had got Emery in. Looks very much like Nassef ran this one. Emery probably has direct contact with Nassef too but I’m probably reading too much into it. 

Maybe he doesn't want to hurt a certain somebodys feelings by gloating about Unai like he was happy to talk down Smith

I've got it on good authority that Purslow eats babies.  And also that he is a closet Bluenose working to bring us down from the inside.  He's got KRO tattooed on his ankle.  It's why you never see him wearing shorts and no socks.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Â