Christian Purslow

villan-scott

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What else should he be judged on?  People are looking him sacked because he hired Gerrard.

Purslow is involved in everything at the club, from stadium expansions to player recruitment and picking managers. A lot have been good, but some also less good. We have the 7th highest wage bill but probably not the 7th best squad. Things have gone wrong there.

As CEO, you’re supposed to appoint people you trust. You can’t keep blaming and sacking those below you in the organization.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

14 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

For all we do know, members of the board are in Lisbon right now agreeing compensation for one of the most highly rated young coaches in Europe. Its as likely as the pessimistic view that it's chaos and we're completely ****.

Well that seems to be quite reductive reasoning, and I think there is more evidence of chaos and uncertainty than the opposite. But we'll agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Well that seems to be quite reductive reasoning, and I think there is more evidence of chaos and uncertainty than the opposite. But we'll agree to disagree.

Can you give me any evidence of chaos and uncertainty?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah and then one bad managerial appointment comes in then our fans want him sacked again.

Ridiculous. Its like our fans want our club to be under continuous turmoil

It's not just 1 bad appointment. 

Plenty of people have listed many issues we've had with his influence. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's not just 1 bad appointment. 

Plenty of people have listed many issues we've had with his influence. 

Jonah management appointments he had a 50% success ratio.  Thats not opinion thats fact.

You don't sack your CEO on that basis unless your absolute morons and want to cause chaos and carnage at your football club.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Jonah management appointments he had a 50% success ratio.  Thats not opinion thats fact.

You don't sack your CEO on that basis unless your absolute morons and want to cause chaos and carnage at your football club.

That's one aspect. There's plenty more.

I keep repeating myself, but had Dean and Jack not kept us up, he'd have deserved a hell of a lot of scrutiny for the squad we put together.

And the one manager he got wrong has had a big impact in the grand scheme of our plans. 

I don't necessarily want him sacked. But I wouldn't be bothered one bit if he was.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t have the time to go into it. Check my previous posts. He’s set us back years. 

Rubbish! I'd argue the squad is in a better place than it was 12 months ago.  

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

That's one aspect. There's plenty more.

I keep repeating myself, but had Dean and Jack not kept us up, he'd have deserved a hell of a lot of scrutiny for the squad we put together.

And the one manager he got wrong has had a big impact in the grand scheme of our plans. 

I don't necessarily want him sacked. But I wouldn't be bothered one bit if he was.

It was tough rebuild though from championship to Premier league. Look how many sides struggle when they come back up and then head back down. Look at fulham norwich and watford.  Only now fulham looking decent and why is that? Silvas a good manager

I think bringing more chaos in the background does more harm than good unless is a consistent mess for many many years. I see in other thread alot are calling for lange to go as well.

So thats the manager ceo and sporting director that need to be sacked according to some on here. God no wonder why other clubs fans laugh at us and mock us. 

39 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So hits been confirmed he dealt the final blow to Gerrard after he’d finished his media duties . NSWE were obviously livid with what they just witnessed and ordered him sacked immediately. 

Ashley Preece has said that Nas stormed out when Dougie received the red card. I think that watching the match up to that point had left Nas as angry as the rest of us, and the decision was made.

Been saying this for years....purslow and lange have basically been playing moneyball but with bigger cheques.

The fees paid for bang average players in the hope that they all become good is why we are where we are...season after season.

You then add in a rookie manager and its a recipe for disaster.

The recruitment is to blame mostly...Gerrard has made mistakes but the squad as a whole is so disjointed it was never going to work.

Plus now they have left it this late....we may have got Potter in???

They both need to go 

6 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Been saying this for years....purslow and lange have basically been playing moneyball but with bigger cheques.

The fees paid for bang average players in the hope that they all become good is why we are where we are...season after season.

You then add in a rookie manager and its a recipe for disaster.

The recruitment is to blame mostly...Gerrard has made mistakes but the squad as a whole is so disjointed it was never going to work.

Plus now they have left it this late....we may have got Potter in???

They both need to go 

Recruitment must improve. Getting a decent manager is a start but a lot more has to change.

From a business point of view he has done fine, raised our profile helped build up the academy and the whole infrastructure.

From a managerial point of view, smith was brought in, instant success and brought everyone together. 

Grealish talked of going so new contract sorted with 100 million release clause, that got us 40 million or more extra than we would have got had he not signed the new contract.

Luiz while not in the same league, tied down to a new deal whete I'm sure there's a 40 plus million release clause, otherwise we would have taken the 23 million arsenal offered.

His only blip is not being able to resist the lime light, hence his signing of Gerrard, his buddy.

I can understand signing 2 or 3 more experienced players, so far digne has been poor,  ings not playing to his strengths but should be a 15 to 20 goals per year forward so has been hit and miss.

Big phil, well 90% of us wet ourselves when we got him on loan and for 17 million I'm sure the numbers stacked up revenue wise by getting him but again, he's being played just like most of our team, in the wrong set up.

So for me 1 big fkup in slippy.

I think both the owners and now purslow will be going all out for a high profile manager which I'm guessing purslow may not be massively happy about because someone like poch would become the face of the club not purslow.

Plenty of credit in the bank, just forget this last 12 months where he clearly lost his mind getting caught up in his own vanity project. I think he won't be allowed to do such things again.

• Like 3

Â