Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Just now, duke313 said:

Let’s say Gerrard is the hill Purslow is willing to die on, and sticks by his man. If and when they are both shown the door, who replaces Purslow?

Marina Granovskaya

Club should have approaches her the moment she left Chelsea

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Let’s say Gerrard is the hill Purslow is willing to die on, and sticks by his man. If and when they are both shown the door, who replaces Purslow?

We can't get rid of him. He owns a stake in the club.

He leaves when he wants. Sadly.

At what point do the fans turn against Purslow if the Gerrard situation isn't resolved? The price hike over the summer, iffy recruitment last season, sacking Smith and replacing him with his underqualified mate, no improvement on the pitch in 18 months and now (potentially) hanging on to a manager past his sell by date

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

At what point do the fans turn against Purslow if the Gerrard situation isn't resolved? The price hike over the summer, iffy recruitment last season, sacking Smith and replacing him with his underqualified mate, no improvement on the pitch in 18 months and now (potentially) hanging on to a manager past his sell by date

It won’t be long, one of our mates ain’t coming for the 3rd game running Sunday, the attendances will soon show this I think if he’s still here come the Brentford game 😑

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

for me he can only redeem himself by sacking his mate now and apologse for the disgraceful nepotism he has shown in hiring him

43 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We can't get rid of him. He owns a stake in the club.

He leaves when he wants. Sadly.

No that’s not true. He’s an employee and a minor shareholder. NSWE could sack him whenever they want to. He can still retain his shares if he likes or NSWE can buy them of him. He has no executive power outside the remit of his job. Xia initially still had shares as part the takeover deal. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I’ve turned. 

My confidence in him is eroding. My hope is that he has the next manager lined up and has just been waiting so the transition can be fast for the new head coach. But the time to sack gerrard is now (or a month ago). Its way past due even if they dont have their replacement lined up.

Each day that goes by I now worry about Purslow. Our owners have to be paying attention at this point. Its their money being wasted after all.

I do know I dont enjoy watching my team and my club play football right now. Thats pretty damn bad.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

I'm hoping it's all happening behind the scenes. Even though Gerrard is his mate, Smith had 42000 plus mates and he didn't give 2 ****s when he sacked him. I really don't think Purslow does sentiment, he put alot of trust in Gerrard giving him the job and he ain't been good enough, Purslow needs to tell him he's ******ed up.

22 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

My confidence in him is eroding. My hope is that he has the next manager lined up and has just been waiting so the transition can be fast for the new head coach. But the time to sack gerrard is now (or a month ago). Its way past due even if they dont have their replacement lined up.

Each day that goes by I now worry about Purslow. Our owners have to be paying attention at this point. Its their money being wasted after all.

I do know I dont enjoy watching my team and my club play football right now. Thats pretty damn bad.

It's funny because he had the Gerrard appointment sewn up within 4 days of Smith getting sacked. The wheels were well in motion ahead of time. We'll see if that's the case this time.

• Like 1

Christian Purslow and his love of the limelight coupled with an Ellis sized ego is the route of the mess we are in. He appointed Gerrard because he thought it made him look good, the role of the King maker. His mate the Liverpool icon. He then followed that up with a similar move to bring in Coutinho. He’s basically ripped up the recruitment policy and any wage structure we had. This entire mess should end with his sacking. 

I blame him more than Gerrard, who is just a bad manager, nothing malicious about it he’s just a poor manager. Purslow on the other hand has treated our club with arrogance and used us to fan his own vanity with utter contempt. He’s wasted millions of pounds of his employer’s money and set the club back a minimum of two years. The constant progress he likes to preach will never happen while he is here. 

For me his sacking should be the priority, so that his successor can oversee the appointment of a manager capable of moving us forwards on the pitch, while they get on with running everything else. 

• Like 3

I may be naive, but for me in the main he seems to be doing a good job. 
Under his control, we are developing the academy well, setting up satellite academies and building an inner city location. He’s employed the right  people to build that up.

Off the field we seem to be growing commercially and getting better deals in to fund the club. 

The Women’s part of the club seems to be growing, both in the pitch and commercially. 

All these things come under his remit. 

If anything his main downfall for me is the recruitment of Sporting/Football directors. Suso us been heavily criticised in the past, and some of his signings were questionable. Lange, hasn’t been convincing at all, he seems just a yes man, which is subsequently led to Gerrard coming in and the transfer ethos being changed. 

So yes there are improvements to be made, but overall I think he’s doing well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

No that’s not true. He’s an employee and a minor shareholder. NSWE could sack him whenever they want to. He can still retain his shares if he likes or NSWE can buy them of him. He has no executive power outside the remit of his job. Xia initially still had shares as part the takeover deal. 

Yup, no truth at all that he's immune to the sack, his shares are an incentive, and he can be turfed out while continuing to hold his shares. More likely though, there will be a contract with clauses around any rights the owners might have to reclaim these shares at the end of his time at the club

• Like 2

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I already have! Gerrard I just want gone because he is clueless. Purslow I want gone because he's damaging the club to protect his own ego.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lange, hasn’t been convincing at all, he seems just a yes man, which is subsequently led to Gerrard coming in and the transfer ethos being changed.

The problem is the man he’s saying yes too. All the other things you mention are what any decent CEO of an ambitious well financed football club should be doing. The ultimate goal at any football club is a successful first team, everything else is geared to helping achieve that. So the thing he’s getting wrong is the bit at the sharp end unfortunately. 

Â