Christian Purslow

villan-scott

People have mentioned some positives about Purslow I agree he has done some great things , but you know what ultimately he is judged on our on field success and sorry to say that's a fail with the money spend , new staff , and a club of our stature clubs with half our budget make us look second rate that is reality.

Edited by ozvilla28

10 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

People have mentioned some positives about Purslow I agree he has done some great things , but you know what ultimately he is judged on our on field success and sorry to say that's a fail with the money spend , new staff , and a club of our stature clubs with half our budget make us look second rate that is reality.

Is he?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If he stays out of pure football decisions he’ll be judged on more business related matters. But if he insists on making football decisions, like choosing the manager, he will also be judged on our on field success. Because then he’ll be partly responsible for it.

Who picks the manager then if its not the Chief Exec? Doris the tea lady?

On 11/08/2022 at 13:07, Steero113 said:

Negotiated the signings of some top 6 level players within our existing wage structure. 

Secured top money for an academy prospect who had a year left and wanted out. 

Secured planning and begun work on a revolutionary inner city academy redevelopment.

Continued advancing the academy of the club and enhancing its reputation as one of the finest in the country showcased by 3 stars of the u-19 Euro midfield. 

Overseen our highest average attended season since the PL began. 

Leading long overdue plans to transform Villa park into a 50,000 seater stadium with 21st Century fan experience and upgraded transport options. 

Handled a £100m sale driven solely by the player and his contract in a professional and transparent manner with the fan base. 

Two can play at this game pal. 

Peoples-Front-of-Judea-700x394.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/08/2022 at 12:07, Steero113 said:

Negotiated the signings of some top 6 level players within our existing wage structure. 

Secured top money for an academy prospect who had a year left and wanted out. 

Secured planning and begun work on a revolutionary inner city academy redevelopment.

Continued advancing the academy of the club and enhancing its reputation as one of the finest in the country showcased by 3 stars of the u-19 Euro midfield. 

Overseen our highest average attended season since the PL began. 

Leading long overdue plans to transform Villa park into a 50,000 seater stadium with 21st Century fan experience and upgraded transport options. 

Handled a £100m sale driven solely by the player and his contract in a professional and transparent manner with the fan base. 

Two can play at this game pal. 

I'd imagine we have seen a massive rise in our worldwide profile with the signing of Coutinho.

On 11/08/2022 at 05:26, Sam-AVFC said:

Of course he could be sacked as CEO. There are plenty of examples of CEOs being the largest shareholders, including in companies they started, and getting pushed out of an operational role.

In my experience when a CEO leaves they are given 3 months to sell their shares or exercise their options if they are publicly traded OR if they own they shares outright then they retain them even if they no longer work at the company. But typically (unless they are founders) the % of ownership will be relatively small, its still a huge amount of money if things go well but worth very little in a privately held business that has flat growth. After all who do you sell your shares to? Unless the company pays dividends ownership really isnt worth much until you can sell.

Which is why boards like CEO's to have the majority of their upside in shares. It aligns everyone's interests.

If I was on the Aston Villa board Purslow would be getting top marks from me. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Needs to realise that he's **** up here and should pull the trigger. 

Yep. Not all appointments work out. Look at utd spurs chelsea etc 

This one was a dud but im confident we wont see anymore gambles after this

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. Not all appointments work out. Look at utd spurs chelsea etc 

This one was a dud but im confident we wont see anymore gambles after this

This was his mate though which we all knew at the time. Big call Gerrard to dump him

Lange should have been picking the manager

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

This was his mate though which we all knew at the time. Big call Gerrard to dump him

Lange should have been picking the manager

Like i said in the gerrard thread, i dont think its just they arr mates. I think on paper they thought high profile name that couls attract big name players to the club - which in fairness he has. He is just a hopeless manager

• Like 1

Â